God, with a capital "G"

A forum for non-Suikoden related topics.
Wraith

Post by Wraith »

son_michael wrote:God created the Universe, if you use your eyes you can clearley see that such beauty and detail does not just happen by coincidence,its not just BOOM ok now the earth exist... nope the sun just dosen't put itself in the exact perfect position to give us warmth{if the sun was off by a few inches we would either freeze or burn}...everything was crafted by the creator, to protect us,to let us live and to show off his magnificent glory

just look at the human body...its perfectly designed to repel invaders, heal,recharge,improve ect ect this is because our bodies all have the design that god gave us....but I think im getting off topic and I apologize for that

I believe the universe was created by god, as for what lies beyond black holes and stuff? they say heaven is above space so I have a belief that space is a canvas...Ive looked at astral pictures taken from earths telescope and its amazing what you see...the beauty..but also it sometimes looks like angels and demons fighting, it sometimes looks like hell and it sometimes looks like heaven...for this reason I believe outer space is a canvas where god has painted things in nebulas and ect etc unless of course instead of being pictures perhaps angels and demons are actually battling...so yea um beyond those blackholes are probably gateways to other galaxies and possibly spiritual gateways that lead to either heaven or hell
I perfectly understand your reasoning and respect your theory.

However the funny thing is that it isn't impossible that it wasn't created by a sentient being. I mean there is no other 'begining of life and the universe' to compare a begining because of a Sentient Being with a begining without one. Also like I said in my previous post there is always the question of what could have created( or allowed the creation of) this god? There are alot of questions in that sense and frankly they can't be answered by 'we can't have been created by accident ergo there is a sentient being orchestrating our evolution'. But also know that these questions do not have to be answered to most religions since they are based on faith.

I like LaVeyan Satanisme( their god is within them not outside in a heaven or whatever). I wonder if they even have a creation story...

Another funny thing is that before existence there was a void. However a void is infinitely empty in a spacial sense and the human mind can't comprehend infinite space. Or there was always existence. But that would make time infinite and again the mind can't comprehend infinite...
Last edited by Wraith on Tue Apr 11, 2006 3:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fu Su Lu

Post by Fu Su Lu »

Son Michael, I think you forgot to say: [i]I think[/i], when you said "God created the universe".
Altough I respect everybody´s opinion, I dont think God created the world, at least not God as people think of It (thousand of years and who is right Egyptians, romans, greeks, christians, muslims, hindues, budists?, etc,etc etc,...not to mention religions have historically copied so many things of older religions, but that is another thing,...)

Think of an prehistoric guy. Think he sees the aurora boreal for the first time. You can go and try explain to him what it is but he will be knelt and begging the Gods not to hurt him, that if he does not start running.
Maybe with the black hole happens the same and we cant explain y-e-t what it is.
Oppenheimer
Global Admin

Post by Oppenheimer »

son_michael wrote:God created the Universe, if you use your eyes you can clearley see that such beauty and detail does not just happen by coincidence,
Millions of years of evolution is not coincidence. It's subtle refinement through practical application, things that weren't useful didn't get passed on to the next generation. "Beauty" is dependant upon the viewer, however, if you mean like flowers they are "beautiful" because an attractive scent and colour attract bees which polinate the flowers and help with reproduction. They're not just beautiful because it's nice to have beauty. Everything has a practical purpose in nature.
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

Oppenheimer wrote:Millions of years of evolution is not coincidence. It's subtle refinement through practical application, things that weren't useful didn't get passed on to the next generation. "Beauty" is dependant upon the viewer, however, if you mean like flowers they are "beautiful" because an attractive scent and colour attract bees which polinate the flowers and help with reproduction. They're not just beautiful because it's nice to have beauty. Everything has a practical purpose in nature.
you just said it, everything has a purpose...if everything was just 1 big huge coincidence...if everything happened from 1 big bang then how would everything perfectly fit? how would everything support eachother? that is the beauty im refering too, the majestic way God designed the earth, the majestic way he designed the human body, how if you look at just about anything not man made you will see the creator made it, that is the beauty im refering too

its not what the flowers look like....its how the flowers support the envirement there in, its how anything just perfectly fits into its envirement, thats the greatness of god right there.

thats what I meant
Nemesis

Post by Nemesis »

life is much more beautiful than you all see it as. Not much people don't sit and think about nature. They just walk pass by it without having any knowledge in it. If you guys sit and think for once, you all "might" of understand what michael is saying. Everything is beautiful! Even the ugliest person you ever met can be beautiful once you get to know them if you all know what I mean.
But anyways... Black Hole is known to be a planet that sucked itself in. I don't know how it started but just heard it from an older brother. Probably something happen that the gravity around that planet went unequal and pushed on one side lighter than the other and then I guess it started crushing itself. Makes me think of Quick Sand.
Nick Bruiser
ChikuChiyu

Post by ChikuChiyu »

Ha ha exellent, I had no idea of how cool you guys/girls were!This rocks.

I belive the meaning of life is equalibrium. But i cant come to grips with what nature to to equilize it's self with? I confuse myself. And it is astonishing how far each individual persons theorys have advanced from Anaximanders originl theory of our existance and the Universe. personally i belive in a Multiverse.

One more thing, and by saying this a am not implying any religeous disbelief or causing any debates of any kind. But if God (and i do belive in a god) created everything. How did he himself, or herself Become?

I also belive in a natural flow of life wich reflects of my belief of equaliberium. A flow in which everything is naturaly balanced and equal. For every, good thing, there is an equal and oposite. For more details on this belief, refer to TaiChi. It binds our universe with natural law.

You think we are small? Try a serch on pictures of a Hyper Giant! its Amazing!
Who being loved is poor?..
Truely if there is evil in this world, it is in the hearts of Mankind.
Let those who find pleasure in loving be loved, and those who find pleasuer in killing, be killed.
ICHTHYS for ever

Post by ICHTHYS for ever »

son_michael wrote:God created the Universe, if you use your eyes you can clearley see that such beauty and detail does not just happen by coincidence,its not just BOOM ok now the earth exist... nope the sun just dosen't put itself in the exact perfect position to give us warmth{if the sun was off by a few inches we would either freeze or burn}...everything was crafted by the creator, to protect us,to let us live and to show off his magnificent glory

just look at the human body...its perfectly designed to repel invaders, heal,recharge,improve ect ect this is because our bodies all have the design that god gave us....but I think im getting off topic and I apologize for that

I believe the universe was created by god, as for what lies beyond black holes and stuff? they say heaven is above space so I have a belief that space is a canvas...Ive looked at astral pictures taken from earths telescope and its amazing what you see...the beauty..but also it sometimes looks like angels and demons fighting, it sometimes looks like hell and it sometimes looks like heaven...for this reason I believe outer space is a canvas where god has painted things in nebulas and ect etc unless of course instead of being pictures perhaps angels and demons are actually battling...so yea um beyond those blackholes are probably gateways to other galaxies and possibly spiritual gateways that lead to either heaven or hell
Hey, great! Someone who's got the same opinion! (i know I'm a bit late writing this
:mrgreen: ) Anyway, who knows what happened? You can't know, you can only believe! And I (as I said) believe God created everything.
ViktorFan

Post by ViktorFan »

First of all I must say that I'm not usual with discussing in English too so please excuse my bad english and my mistakes.

The universe is one of my favourite topics too. Maybe god exists but I don't believe that a god made the universe. The bible says god built the earth and made all life 6000 years ago. Did god himself put for example the dinosaur fossils which were found into the rocks? Or what is with "Lucy" an ancestor of the homo sapiens who was found in Ethiopia and who is 3,2 million years old? Or what is with all the animals and plants who died out more than 6000 years ago?

Maybe there isn't only one universe but two, three or even more. And maybe they can expand until a certain border and break down when this border is reached. Then there will be another big bang and new universes will exist. I agree with Lobel that maybe there were endless numbers of bangs with the same material in history. But the question will be: what is behind our or the other universes? And when a god made the universe: where did he (or she) come from? What was before his/her existence?
We will never know the answers.

By the way: the nature doesn't need the humanity, but the humanity needs the nature. Unfortunately the humanity is responsible for global warming and destruction of the nature and consequently the earth at the latest 200 years. When the humanity doesn't change the reaction by using energy for example we haven't still 200 years.
Lobel

Post by Lobel »

hey viktorfan

you're right, the bible timeline isn't really the same as scientists believe to know! But the pope himself told that it isn't to be understood as a science book. But even if we cannot be sure about real or not, nobody can tell that the moral behind are without sense
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

ViktorFan wrote:
The universe is one of my favourite topics too. Maybe god exists but I don't believe that a god made the universe. The bible says god built the earth and made all life 6000 years ago. Did god himself put for example the dinosaur fossils which were found into the rocks? Or what is with "Lucy" an ancestor of the homo sapiens who was found in Ethiopia and who is 3,2 million years old? Or what is with all the animals and plants who died out more than 6000 years ago?

dont believe everything you hear, how the hell do MEN know that the fossils they found are older than 6000 years? I dont buy that crap at all, humans THINK they know everything but guess what..we DONT

as for the dinosaur fossils, the bible mentions"large{or maybe giant...I forget} beast roaming around" in the garden of eden, that obviously refers to dinosaurs and fossils are bassically bones found in dirt or some kind of mineral stone...now did god put dinasur fossils in the dirt? of course not...they most likely got wiped out by Noah's flood and then there bodies became 1 with the land

Maybe there isn't only one universe but two, three or even more. And maybe they can expand until a certain border and break down when this border is reached. Then there will be another big bang and new universes will exist. I agree with Lobel that maybe there were endless numbers of bangs with the same material in history. But the question will be: what is behind our or the other universes? And when a god made the universe: where did he (or she) come from? What was before his/her existence?
We will never know the answers.

there may be other universes..... the bible clearley states that god was and always will be, he is and was, the beggining and the end, the alpha and the omega, he existed before anything and through him all things were created, what is he? he's god, what is god? our creator, we were created by him so hwo cna we possibly know more than him? our limited minds cant understand how he existed from nothing and has always existed but he has...humankind was created to have a relationship with god, thats our purpose in life, thats what we were created to do

note: im just responding to a fellow god believing person, not trying to impose my views on anyone
ViktorFan

Post by ViktorFan »

son_michael wrote: not trying to impose my views on anyone
That's what I do too, it's only my opinion and I don't expect that everybody or better: anybody shares it.
Shiva

Post by Shiva »

I don't buy that crap at all, humans THINK they know everything but guess what ... we DONT
No one said that humans know EVERYTHING. of course we believe some things and many riddles about humanity will be a mystery forever. But you don't KNOW that God exists, you BELIEVE it too.

As you (and ViktorFan) said, I'm not trying to impose my views to anyone, it's just how I think, maybe because I don't believe there's a God...
Please excuse my bad english but I'm not usual with discussing in english. :mrgreen:
I'll be here...
Why?
I'll be 'waiting' here...
For what?
I'll be waiting for you ... so... If you come here...You'll find me...
I promise.
Oppenheimer
Global Admin

Post by Oppenheimer »

son_michael wrote: dont believe everything you hear, how the hell do MEN know that the fossils they found are older than 6000 years? I dont buy that crap at all, humans THINK they know everything but guess what..we DONT
To play the devil's advocate (pun intended): going along with your logic, do you think that humans could possibly understand and accurately record the word of God and then transcribe it into Hebrew and then English? If we're so incapable clearly there's no way we could do that, thus you shouldn't believe everything you read either.
Lobel

Post by Lobel »

You shouldn't believe anything from anywhere, but you allways can try to understand, think about its meaning and its background.

I think it was Sokrates who said "I just know that I know nothing" or something like that...
Night

Post by Night »

son_michael wrote:dont believe everything you hear, how the hell do MEN know that the fossils they found are older than 6000 years? I dont buy that crap at all, humans THINK they know everything but guess what..we DONT
Well... DNA testing kinda proves that such fossils are older. It's all to do with measuring the rate of decay.

But then, nothing in the Bible explicitly states that is created 6000 years ago. That's just one interpretation.
Ice has formed and there's snow between the tracks/ And I have seen the surface tear and I can't look back/ And cool low sun has blinded you for days from horizon to horizon can I dream this all away