Suikoden Violence

A place to post news and also give your ideas about the future of the Suikoden series.
Please justify all speculations with reasons why you think such an event could happen.
Tsubaki

Suikoden Violence

Post by Tsubaki »

Does anyone else agree with me suikoden needs more violence. I think the most violent one was suikoden 2 and that is also the best one we need more savageness and more deaths. Im not crazy or anything its just it is a war after all. :?
Wraith

Re: Suikoden Violence

Post by Wraith »

Tsubaki wrote:Does anyone else agree with me suikoden needs more violence. I think the most violent one was suikoden 2 and that is also the best one we need more savageness and more deaths. Im not crazy or anything its just it is a war after all. :?
Violence dousn't really make or break a game for me. And also the ESBR ratings would change accordingly and less people will be able to buy it.
Tsubaki

Post by Tsubaki »

i know but its jus i miss good old luca blight and his savage ways.
Oh and i also think the next suikoden game should have a bigger war then just a civil war not a world war yet that should be the last game but it would be good to see another suikoden game rival suikoden 2.
pesmerga786

Post by pesmerga786 »

I like it the way it is. They did a great job with suikoden V
Tsubaki

Post by Tsubaki »

I thought suikoden 5 was really good but more savageness would be good. :wink: :?
Wraith

Post by Wraith »

Tsubaki wrote:I thought suikoden 5 was really good but more savageness would be good. :wink: :?
I think Childerich made enough mothers complain.
Tsubaki

Post by Tsubaki »

*Spoiler deleted*
It took a whole army to take down Luca Blight now that good.
*Spoiler deleted*
Suikoden 5 is really good and a huge improvement from 4 but your army wins way to easily.
8)

Lemmy's edit: Please watch the Suikoden V spoilers in future, thanks.
Alex Delferia

Post by Alex Delferia »

Violence, eh. Well, let's imagine this:

[spoiler]

The scene where Gremio is eaten by man-eating spores in Suikoden I. Imagine it in a bloody, gutty mess, graphically visible to us, as Gremio agonizes to the party --- we see him getting eaten from feet to head.

[/spoiler]

Idea given up now? :)
Sickpup

Post by Sickpup »

Tsubaki wrote:i know but its jus i miss good old luca blight and his savage ways.
Oh and i also think the next suikoden game should have a bigger war then just a civil war not a world war yet that should be the last game but it would be good to see another suikoden game rival suikoden 2.
Throughout History, Civil wars have been just as bloody and horrible as other wars. And Suikoden IV did the whole Country vs Country thing...and it failed.
"Master Flik, you are immature. But that immaturity, that honesty was something I coveted.

And I'm sure that is why Lady Odessa loved you..."
czartiffac

Post by czartiffac »

They should atleast use the right color for blood coz....

[spoiler]when Lyon in Suikoden V was stab, instead of red blood dripping down from her wound, it was white c... um.... I mean water[/spoiler] :lol:

You get my point I think :wink: [/spoiler]
Wraith

Post by Wraith »

EDIT: I removed my original post because I forgot this isn't a Suikoden 5 section.

I must admit that some blood in the game might be more realistic. I would include a scene in S5 where it would be nice but I can't speak of S5 here.
Tsubaki

Post by Tsubaki »

I dont just mean more blood but it would be pretty good, its jus in past suikodens a alot of horrible stuff has hapened especialy in suikoden 2 but in the newer games it just seems a bit more mellowed out, but its war so why?

And i know that if they make it more violent then the age raiting would go up but does anyone really care if it would be a better game then why not plus everybodys played GTA no matter what the age.
:)
Komataguri

Post by Komataguri »

Suikoden isn't about Gore.

its about story, and the connection that we develop with the characters.

Fruit loops could pour out of a wound when a character gets killed and we'd still weep
Darian

Post by Darian »

Komataguri wrote:Suikoden isn't about Gore.

its about story, and the connection that we develop with the characters.

Fruit loops could pour out of a wound when a character gets killed and we'd still weep
Speak for yourself. :p

I see what the OP is saying and I agree to an extent. I don't necessarily think there needs to be more "savageness," but SII told a fairly adult story that we haven't gotten from the series since. I'd like to see that again, myself. I'm sick of fighting boxing armadillos and holly leaves; I think there needs to be more focus on the war aspects and less standard RPG goofiness.
Futagi

Post by Futagi »

There were Holly leaves in Suikoden II as well.
Hello Suikoden-type people:D