Squenix shenanigans

A forum for non-Suikoden related topics.
Waylander

Squenix shenanigans

Post by Waylander »

Has anyone else seen their partial list of E3 goodness?

Dirge of Cerberus (PS2)
Final Fantasy XII (PS2)
Final Fantasy III (DS)
Final Fantasy V (GBA)
Final Fantasy VI (GBA)
Dragon Quest Heroes: Rocket Slime (DS)
Valkyrie Profile: Lenneth (PSP)
Children of Mana (DS)
Valkyrie Profile 2: Silmeria (PS2)
Dawn of Mana (PS2)

It makes me sick to think that they can rehash FF titles for forever. Worse still, I’m gonna buy them. If the GBA port of I, II, and IV were better than the PS1 versions, why not these. God Damn their marketing! When will this cash cow run dry? They haven’t done anything original in 20 years have they? If they have was it any good?

I wish I could say I’ve had it with square, and concerning their new stuff I have. But I’ll be getting these remakes in time. Unoriginal Bastards.

End Rant.
Last edited by Waylander on Thu Apr 27, 2006 11:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Wraith

Post by Wraith »

I don't care about Square Enix anymore, but if they make a FF7 remake I'm SO gonna buy it.
Komataguri

Post by Komataguri »

Dirge of Ceberus isn't FF12, its another FF7 game o_O;;
Futagi

Post by Futagi »

Methinks there was a mixup of the V and X in that post....though in Roman numerals, that makes all the difference.
Hello Suikoden-type people:D
Lourde Incarnadine

Re: Squenix shenanigans

Post by Lourde Incarnadine »

Waylander wrote:It makes me sick to think that they can rehash FF titles for forever. Worse still, I’m gonna buy them. If the GBA port of I, II, and IV were better than the PS1 versions, why not these. God Damn their marketing! When will this cash cow run dry? They haven’t done anything original in 20 years have they? If they have was it any good?

I wish I could say I’ve had it with square, and concerning their new stuff I have. But I’ll be getting these remakes in time. Unoriginal Bastards.

End Rant.
It's almost like somewhere, in their heart of hearts, they're acknowledging that their old stuff is better than their new stuff. :lol:

And yeah, I'm probably going to get FFV and FFVI GBA too... ¬_¬
Oppenheimer
Global Admin

Post by Oppenheimer »

Lourde Incarnadine wrote: It's almost like somewhere, in their heart of hearts, they're acknowledging that their old stuff is better than their new stuff. :lol:
Yeah but maybe they'll pull a Suikoden V on us with FF XII, one can only hope. You never know with companies, sometimes they learn from their mistakes.
Waylander

Post by Waylander »

Lourde Incarnadine wrote:
It's almost like somewhere, in their heart of hearts, they're acknowledging that their old stuff is better than their new stuff. :lol:

And yeah, I'm probably going to get FFV and FFVI GBA too... ¬_¬
Good point. I hope you're right.

FFXII has been delayed so long, I've lost interest. I'll check it out for $20, not a cent more. I'm actually more interested in the stuff they didn't announce. Nintendo seems to have a chastity belt on all games coming out on it's systems but I think an online Crystal Chronicles would rock and it's much rumored to be high in the development stages for the Revolution.
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

the revolution is going to have mario kart ONLINE, super smash brother ONLINE and SONIC will be in that game and yes final fantasy chrystal chronicles is also a revolution title

back to the topic: square enix made a GREAT rpg this year in dragon quest 8 and I dont think they suck, thye may be a little off but they will get back on track

whats sad is....im gonna have to buy a psp for valkery profile because ive never played it...damm you square enix! I dont want a psp! but for valkery profile...got no choice
Lourde Incarnadine

Post by Lourde Incarnadine »

son_michael wrote:the revolution is going to have mario kart ONLINE, super smash brother ONLINE and SONIC will be in that game and yes final fantasy chrystal chronicles is also a revolution title
Haven't you heard? The Revolution is over; Nintendo's announced that the system's official name will be the "Wii".

No, I'm not kidding. Though I wish that I were.
Wraith

Post by Wraith »

Lourde Incarnadine wrote:
son_michael wrote:the revolution is going to have mario kart ONLINE, super smash brother ONLINE and SONIC will be in that game and yes final fantasy chrystal chronicles is also a revolution title
Haven't you heard? The Revolution is over; Nintendo's announced that the system's official name will be the "Wii".

Indeed you are not.

http://www.gamespot.com/news/6148462.html

Wow...
Waylander

Post by Waylander »

son_michael wrote: whats sad is....im gonna have to buy a psp for valkery profile because ive never played it...damm you square enix! I dont want a psp! but for valkery profile...got no choice
I'd love to play valkery profile, also a much older title I understand. But there's no way I shell out the cash on a PSP just for that game.
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

Lourde Incarnadine wrote:Haven't you heard? The Revolution is over; Nintendo's announced that the system's official name will be the "Wii".

I had no clue :shock:

that link says ii means "good" in japanese and the reason nintendo is doing it is because they want to be able to easily reach all people or something

it dosen't sound horrible but yeah the name sounds kinda silly, either way if nintendo gets behind it...im sure people will quickly accept it

lol I love Nintendo's slogan "So that's Wii. But now Nintendo needs you. Because, it's really not about you or me. It's about Wii. And together, Wii will change everything."

anyway....the mods are going to hang us for this *gulp*
Wraith

Post by Wraith »

anyway....the mods are going to hang us for this *gulp*
Already taken care of that, that I did.

To get back on-topic, final Fantasy 12 seems interesting and I do not see why people hate the previous installements. Someone explain me please. I simply loved FF10. FFX-2 was nice as well. The only thing I don't like is FF8.
Last edited by Wraith on Thu Apr 27, 2006 2:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Oppenheimer
Global Admin

Post by Oppenheimer »

Yes indeed, since Wraith created a Wii thread, please post there on it, this is about Squeenix.
Lemmy Claypool

Post by Lemmy Claypool »

People have mixed feelings about the Final Fantasy. For a lot of people (myself included), Final Fantasy VII is their favourite in the series, and for many it's their favourote game of all time (again, me included). However, there are people that aren't that keen on it, and thought the series went rubbish when it went 3D.

Conversely, many people find VIII to be one of, if not the worst installments in the series, but again lots of people love it, plenty even more so than VII. It's all just subject to opinion.

What I've noticed is that it's the current generation installments that are putting people off. Many found X to be quite boring, and boycotted X-2 due to it's "distasteful" approach (I.E. trying to sell the game with sex appeal), and XI turned people away due to it being a solely online game. I personally though that was a poor idea, as I love the FF games, but can't stand MMORPGs. It'd have been fine if they'd released it as a spin-off; Final Fantasy Online or some such, and kept "Final Fantasy XI" for a more traditional FF game. Making a purely online game a numbered installment was stupid, in my opinion.