Kingdom of Zelant?????(possible spoiler)

Ask questions about the events that take place during the Suikoden games themselves.
Eyedol

Post by Eyedol »

Felenan Prince wrote:Im more intested in nagarea,religious fanatics would make an interesting suikoden installment hehe they even might make zelant and nagarea fight one another. We'll just have to wait and see
If that's how you feel, maybe you should wait until more of Harmonia is revealed, with all its' Bishops, High Bishops and Priest Generals?

But, really, I hope not ... Genso Suikoden just doesn't seem to be about that. Zealots fighting one another? Bah, boring.
SpecialNewb

Post by SpecialNewb »

Nagarea is supposed to be more religious than Harmonia.

Hmm I'm thinking a Suikoden set after III or between II and III, south of Falena between Zellant and Nagarea but with plenty of "agents" sent down from Falena to keep tabs on a volatile situation. That would allow some of the younger S5 characters to return like Norma, Ernst and Levi for instance, or even a middle-aged Lyon and grown up Toma, Nick and Yoran.
Atreides

Post by Atreides »

here is the updated map from konami about suikoden world.
http://www.theirstar.com/?pp=atlas_map.html

the location of every countries show cleary here = )
patapi
Forum Moderator

Post by patapi »

Anything further south from Falena is a speculation in those maps. And unless I'm looking at the wrong maps, the spellings are still off.
JG Chan

Post by JG Chan »

SpecialNewb wrote:
patapi wrote:
Desides wrote:...Zelant is south of Falena, between Armes and Nagarea. There are Old Books that cover Nagarea and partially Armes, but I'm not sure about Zelant.
Zelant is not south of Falena. It's across the western sea.
How do we know this? I don't recall a location being mentioned....
In Oboro's investigation of Norma, he mentions that she comes from across the western sea. In the character endings, I believe it's mentioned that Norma is from Zelant.

I kind of have a problem with the location of Armes, though. If they were southeast of Falena, then the part near Sable would be northern Armes. However, it is the Armes SOUTHERN Mountain Corps that you face in battle, and I doubt they'd bring an army from the other end of the country to Falena.

Also, Shula Valya's unit is the Armes WESTERN Marine Corps. If Armes was southeast of Falena, then it would mean that there's a sea south of Falena for Armes to have a west coast. And if there were, then they'd have had to sail all the way around their own country (at least) to get to Estrise.

I think it would make more sense for Armes to be directly east of Falena, but only connected to it (near Sable) by the southwest part of their territory.
patapi
Forum Moderator

Post by patapi »

Your suspicion about Armes being more very much to the east is probably correct. Considering how Sable is supposedly linked to the southern part of the Kingdom, I wouldn't be surprised if there is a huge bay-like area that separates the northern half of Armes from Falena through sea.

That way, it'd make sense why Shula's unit is called the Western Marine Corps. This common bay would be to the west of Armes; east of Falena's Estrise.
skymansxeno

Post by skymansxeno »

So if all of these countries are not north of the Queendom, then what the hell is north of it? There was more land up at the top; is the Dukedom part of the same contenent? I thought it was an island. So whats up there?
patapi
Forum Moderator

Post by patapi »

The Ashtwal mountains, and supposedly the elven land of Alseid.

The recently revealed offical map showed that Falena is at the top of the southern continent. Directly north of her is the vast sea where Gaien and the Island Nations are located.
Ced The Lad

Post by Ced The Lad »

Edit: Someone beat me to the punch. Delete this, please.
http://www.suikox.com: Where the Tinto Republic continues to guide the masses through the sea of history.
SpecialNewb

Post by SpecialNewb »

JG Chan wrote: In Oboro's investigation of Norma, he mentions that she comes from across the western sea. In the character endings, I believe it's mentioned that Norma is from Zelant.

I kind of have a problem with the location of Armes, though. If they were southeast of Falena, then the part near Sable would be northern Armes. However, it is the Armes SOUTHERN Mountain Corps that you face in battle, and I doubt they'd bring an army from the other end of the country to Falena.

Also, Shula Valya's unit is the Armes WESTERN Marine Corps. If Armes was southeast of Falena, then it would mean that there's a sea south of Falena for Armes to have a west coast. And if there were, then they'd have had to sail all the way around their own country (at least) to get to Estrise.

I think it would make more sense for Armes to be directly east of Falena, but only connected to it (near Sable) by the southwest part of their territory.
1) I agree with you about arms. It also explains why Nirva is so important, anywhere closer and you are threatened by Armes ships.

2) Now about Norma... she's not going home to Zellant. We don't know where she's from. The ending states that Norma, Levi and Ernst returned to Zellant where Ernst first recieved the rune ("the beginning") to search for clues. It doesn't say anything about where they live. Norma was a traveling performer before Ernst got cursed so we have no idea where Zellant is from that.

Also... hope there's more land north of Harmonia because otherwise it's too small.
Desides

Post by Desides »

SpecialNewb wrote:2) Now about Norma... she's not going home to Zellant. We don't know where she's from. The ending states that Norma, Levi and Ernst returned to Zellant where Ernst first recieved the rune ("the beginning") to search for clues. It doesn't say anything about where they live. Norma was a traveling performer before Ernst got cursed so we have no idea where Zellant is from that.
Norma, Levi, and Ernst did not go to Zelant. They went across the western ocean, presumably to the western continent. Going to Zelant would require them to go south.
Atriedes wrote:here is the updated map from konami about suikoden world.
http://www.theirstar.com/?pp=atlas_map.html

the location of every countries show cleary here = )
The mapmaker mixed up Zelant and Nagarea. Nagarea is leftmost, Zelant is in the center, Armes is on the right. We know Nagarea is southwest of Falena thanks to Old Book information about the Dragon Cavalry, and thanks to Sauronix Castle's situation as a military stronghold to ward off future Nagarean invasions.

Also, Nirva's location seems to be wrong. Isn't it between Falena and the Island Nations? It's odd how the island is described in-game as a rest point on trade routes, given its close proximity to the other Island Nations. It wouldn't make much of a rest area.

And obviously, those area names need to be corrected...
Patapi wrote:Zelant is not south of Falena. It's across the western sea.
No, it isn't. Zelant is on Falena's southern border, between Armes and Nagarea.
patapi
Forum Moderator

Post by patapi »

Point me to a source that confirms Zelant's location being south of Falena, please.

That aside, I don't know where you are getting your information from, but the official guidebook confirms that Norma and Ernst are from the Kingdom of Zelant.

Furthermore, as for its actual location relative to Falena, let's have a look at three characters' endings.

Since I don't have access to an online copy of the English endings, I'll use the one from the Japanese release instead.

Norma's ending.
エルンストの呪いを解くためレヴィを伴って故郷ゼアラントに帰る。
"To undo Ernst's curse, she brought Levi back to her homeland, Zelant."

Ernst's ending.
ノーマ、レヴィと共に帰郷。 紋章に取り付かれた現場である遺跡を再び訪れることになる。
"He returned home with Norma and Levi. Together they revisited the ruins where he acquired the rune."

Levi's ending.
エルンストの紋章の呪いを解くにはことの始まりから調べることが必要と判断2人と共に西の海を渡る。
"Claiming that investigating the origin of Ernst's rune is essential to solve its curse, he joined them and sailed across the Western Sea."

If someone can provide the exact wordings from the NA release, that'd be even better.
SpecialNewb

Post by SpecialNewb »

patapi wrote: Levi's ending.
エルンストの紋章の呪いを解くにはことの始まりから調べることが必要と判断2人と共に西の海を渡る。
"Claiming that investigating the origin of Ernst's rune is essential to solve its curse, he joined them and sailed across the Western Sea."
There's the idea about Zellant being across the western sea then. Still, I'm not quite ready to say "Zellant is across the western sea." Though I am sadly leaning in that direction.
czartiffac

Post by czartiffac »

I agree that Armes is to the East but I think the border lands are SouthEast where Sable is.

They should make something out of North Falena coz its either a bunch of mountains with small villages(which could explain where Shoon came from) or Elven Territory where it can be more than just one city.
malicesoul

Post by malicesoul »

Wow, still so many places I want to go to in Suikoden! Zelant, Nagarea, Alseid and now Armes.

Now the only things I see wrong with that map is the location of Armes like everybody mentioned. The west part of Armes should be directly beside Estrise with some body of water between them. Nirva Island should just be a bit further out. Its too close to Falena and too far from a Island Nations to be a good checkpoint. Also I think Zelant should a bit more...west and less north.

Aside from that, its an AWESOME map! Seriously, Suikoden staff should take a look at that!