[Guide] Runes

A forum for people who have played the game concerning the Sun Rune War to answer gameplay questions.
Runemaster

Re: Runes

Post by Runemaster »

Antimatzist wrote:And if you see it that way, Rage is the "younger Brother" of the True Fire Rune, so it has to be pretty powerful. Additionally, in allt he other Suikodens, it IS a very rare rune.
Yeah Rage Rune is stronger but it is not as rare as Dawn cause there is only one that exists. It should be given proper spells since it is as rare as a True Rune. I understand your point,though. But I can't help but feel bad as its spells are weaker than the Rage Runes'. Don't you?
I will bring Lordlake's fate... to the entire Suikoden World! weeeeeeh!
VinceValentine

Post by VinceValentine »

Did you read what me or Kfc said? Dawn has the potential of a higher damage output than Rage.
Knowing others is intelligence;
knowing the self is enlightenment.
Conquering others is power;
conquering the self is strength.
Runemaster

Post by Runemaster »

VinceValentine wrote:Did you read what me or Kfc said? Dawn has the potential of a higher damage output than Rage.
oh yeah, that one. I understand all your points but even with all those facts in mind, I can't help but feel bad about it. But the good thing about it is Dawn's lvl3 spell is Flowing's lvl4 spell! thats the best part of Dawn! :)

btw, sorry to say but I just hate the action/animation of the spells. C'mon, SuikoV beaten by SuikoII?!
SuikoII's Final Flame and Thunderstorm are the BEST!! Maybe Suikoden V creators cared more of time-saving animations and colors(like lightning being purple, water blue,etc.). But overall, they're both great games!
Runemaster

Post by Runemaster »

Speaking of the Dawn Rune and stuff...Do you think there are originally 26 True Runes before the Sun and Night bid farewell with each other?? Do you think those Runes together make up a single True Rune? Or are they seperate True Runes--just together? 'get what i mean? hm....
Last edited by Runemaster on Sat May 10, 2008 11:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mikain Clan King

Post by Mikain Clan King »

Runemaster wrote:
VinceValentine wrote:Did you read what me or Kfc said? Dawn has the potential of a higher damage output than Rage.
oh yeah, that one. I understand all your points but even with all those facts in mind, I can't help but feel bad about it. But the good thing about it is Dawn's lvl3 spell is Flowing's lvl4 spell! thats the best part of Dawn! :)

btw, sorry to say but I just hate the action/animation of the spells. C'mon, SuikoV beaten by SuikoII?!
SuikoII's Final Flame and Thunderstorm are the BEST!! Maybe Suikoden V creators cared more of time-saving animations and colors(like lightning being purple, water blue,etc.). But overall, they're both great games!
Yeah I really didn't think that Suikoden 5's spells looked that great, Suikoden 2 had the best effects...along with all the other 'best' stuff it had.
"The duel with Genkaku.... It continues here....."
-Han Cunningham

"This is your final test... Can you win this time, Riou?"
-Leon Silverburg
Antimatzist

Post by Antimatzist »

If I remember correctly, in S IV higher Spells looked pretty decent(Rage Rune's Lvl 4 Spell llooks quite cool.. I think).

Ah, and I just wnat to add that rarity =/= strength. A rare rune does not necessarily be strong... At least I don't think that the Chameleon Rune does make Mitsuba a total powerhouse- and this Rune is unique as well. And as a lot of other people have already said, the Dawn Rune is very versatible- even though it's useless in the beginning...

One thing that always fragged me up was that The Rune of punishment- a True rune!- was so damn useless in battle. Why should I damage myself to do damage so low that I could damage my enemies more with a normal physical Attack? Compared to the Soul Eater, this Rune sucks in Battle. Even compared to A normal Fire Rune, which can deal more damage without damaging oneself(RoP'S 4th Spell was rather useless as well, as I could heal myself much easier..)

In S T, however, it was one of the best Runes. Strange.
Runemaster

Post by Runemaster »

Antimatzist wrote:If I remember correctly, in S IV higher Spells looked pretty decent(Rage Rune's Lvl 4 Spell llooks quite cool.. I think).

One thing that always fragged me up was that The Rune of punishment- a True rune!- was so damn useless in battle. Why should I damage myself to do damage so low that I could damage my enemies more with a normal physical Attack? Compared to the Soul Eater, this Rune sucks in Battle. Even compared to A normal Fire Rune, which can deal more damage without damaging oneself(RoP'S 4th Spell was rather useless as well, as I could heal myself much easier..)

I agree.
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

Antimatzist wrote:If I remember correctly, in S IV higher Spells looked pretty decent(Rage Rune's Lvl 4 Spell llooks quite cool.. I think).

Ah, and I just wnat to add that rarity =/= strength. A rare rune does not necessarily be strong... At least I don't think that the Chameleon Rune does make Mitsuba a total powerhouse- and this Rune is unique as well. And as a lot of other people have already said, the Dawn Rune is very versatible- even though it's useless in the beginning...

well the ROP was actually a big help when you first got it because the first spell did like 100+damage but as the game went on the damage just got pathetic...still there was 1 handy spell that was an instant kill and it could be a real life saver if you just dont have the health to get out of a random battle. I also think the final spell was a great spell...I mean you did like a thousand damage to the enemy/all enemies and recieved just as much health in return for every character

so thinking about it...the ROP served me well.....in suikoden tactics it is without a doubt the most powerufl rune and if you use it correctly Lazlo can turn the tide of any battle