Question about Pahn

A forum to ask questions if you are stuck in the The Gate Rune Wars; or wish for more clarity on the gameplay systems.
Mad Prince of Highland

Post by Mad Prince of Highland »

Lemmy Claypool wrote:Not neccessarily, bare in mind that not everyone that plays Suikoden knows as much about it as we (members of sites such as this and Suikox) do, and may think that Pahn's death is a neccessary part of the story, and so just leave him for dead every time they play.
Than poor Gremio would also remain dead! :cry: :cry: :cry:
"Fear is a stupid emotion."
fiffa46

Post by fiffa46 »

also take into consideration how badly pahn got his butt whooped by teo in my game. in the Suikoden series (includeing 1) there are several fights where you or your party just get destroyed utterly and thats suposed to happen. Hugo vs Yuber in S3 comes to mind. Actually, ALOT of fights in S3. So, sence its been so many years sence i played threw 1 I kinda figured that pahn was suposed to lose. :P
But like I said before, its not a big deal. Just an excuse to start over and get those hidden items in the begining. :D
Moonbay

Post by Moonbay »

fiffa46 wrote:also take into consideration how badly pahn got his butt whooped by teo in my game. in the Suikoden series (includeing 1) there are several fights where you or your party just get destroyed utterly and thats suposed to happen. Hugo vs Yuber in S3 comes to mind. Actually, ALOT of fights in S3. So, sence its been so many years sence i played threw 1 I kinda figured that pahn was suposed to lose. :P
But like I said before, its not a big deal. Just an excuse to start over and get those hidden items in the begining. :D
You can beat Yuber in S3--it's hard, yet possible.

How to beat Teo the "easy" way. You can be leveled up, have the best weapons, and all--but after I figured this one out--I use this tactic every time:

Keep defending, Teo will get mad and desperate attack--he'll do more damage to himself than you. Works for the Tir fight, too.
Playing Suikoden III......
sonic_Reaper

Post by sonic_Reaper »

Or you could just read a guide and see what his quotes mean attack/defend wise.

The first time I played the game, like everyone else, he died. I was kind of curious though because usually in unbeatable fights (like in Suikoden III duels) you do 1 point of damage while dying in one hit. My Pahn took two good hits before going down and took Teo's life down a good notch too. So I was kinda thinking my next playthrough "Hmm ...wonder if I can win that fight ..." and with LOTS of preparation, I did.

Even with the best armor/weapons and levelled up, it's still possible to lose. Teo puts up quite a fight but the battle is supposed to be a little difficult so that getting Gremio won't be such a breeze.
Rikimaru

Post by Rikimaru »

The fight is simple, I did it on my first try, probably through luck i'll admit and the fact I always liked Pahn helped so he tended to be in my party. The simplest way is to keep him at a decent level and listen to the small pieces of trash talk Teo spits out before he attacks you. It tells you exactly what Teo is about to do. Simple, really.
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

Seems like the original question has been answered; people are just giving generic (and obvious) strategies for beating Teo now.
Jurya-san

Somehow relevant. :P

Post by Jurya-san »

With regards to Jowy-san's post, I just want to say that having Pahn in the party's something like a burden to have in the beginning (though I had high expectations that he'll be one of the major recruits, plus Gremio).

Pahn died in my first play... not long did I know that he can survive from Teo's mad rush, but not actually have him defeated. ^^;

Later on in the game, you'll realize that Pahn's nay more than the common recruits--normal, not quite strong, not much to discover or make use of.
+~To be forgotten is worse than death~+