Something about Luc in SuikoIII

Ask questions about the events that take place during the Suikoden games themselves.
Silvermouse

Post by Silvermouse »

Pyro wrote:mosh pits,liqour,and partying 24-7....screw it let chaos win
You forgot to add robbery, rape and murder to that list.
Luc

Post by Luc »

Basically Luc is trying to defy fate, correct?
Ced The Lad

Post by Ced The Lad »

Yes. Not just his, but the fate of the entire world.
http://www.suikox.com: Where the Tinto Republic continues to guide the masses through the sea of history.
Pyro

Post by Pyro »

he tried to kill god right?
Eagles May Soar But Weasels Don't Get Sucked Into Jet Engines.
Ced The Lad

Post by Ced The Lad »

I think his main goal was just to stop fate. Killing God seemed like an added bonus of some sort.
http://www.suikox.com: Where the Tinto Republic continues to guide the masses through the sea of history.
fake_flame

Post by fake_flame »

well, does the future he sees is true ?
if it is, then isnt that the whole world will be destroyed ?
will it be the end of suikoden ?
-- [fAkE_fLaMe] --
Ced The Lad

Post by Ced The Lad »

He said it was one of the possibilities of the future. He saw the world when Order was the dominant ruler.

Since he said it was a possibility the world would end up this way, I don't see why he was so dead set on preventing this. The only reason I see him destroying his rune would be to take no chances and make sure there's no chance it would end that way.

If there will be an end to Suikoden, it would probably involve changing this fate by the work of the SOD's.
Fliktor

Post by Fliktor »

If there will be an end to Suikoden, it would probably involve changing this fate by the work of the SOD's
Exactly, as has been said before. No one person can change the fate of the world. Luc tried to do it as best as he could, but in the end only the SoD can change fate, if only for a while.
Whats your opinion on censorship? ... **** censorship!
[King Fliktor] [Axiose, my Dæmon]
Rai-Jin

Post by Rai-Jin »

luc was a SoD all the way
bla
Blue Sasarai

Post by Blue Sasarai »

sniff, i wish he didnt do what he did. it was an idea, not a good one mind you.
he really should of known that it wasnt possible to destroy the runes >_<

and remember when he talks to hugo about the dream, the dream that luc had with tir/riou? what was that about? is luc lonely...does he miss the other heroes? XP
"i hate you more than anything in this world.
but at the same time, you're the only one i empathize with."

-luc to sasarai
Ced The Lad

Post by Ced The Lad »

No, he had faith that Riou, Tir, and humans could somehow change their fate, however, it seems like he lost hope in them and took it upon himself to defy fate in their name.
Blue Sasarai

Post by Blue Sasarai »

hmm makes sense, that was bugging me for a while. thanks for clearing that up ^^

i thought it was like a lil secret they had or something O_o
cuz he was closer to those 2 heroes so i thought of em having brotherly friendships etc lol. c thats what had me all in a knot XD
"i hate you more than anything in this world.
but at the same time, you're the only one i empathize with."

-luc to sasarai
Elle

Post by Elle »

well i can see why luc would want to carry out with his whole apocolypse of the world, but i don't understand why he thought that he had to "free the world?" u guys are all making it sound like that he wanted to save the world? now, i really have to disagree with that, because in actual fact it wasn't the world that he cared about, it was only himself! he didn't care that even tho he had these weird preminitions of what the world was going to turn into, the only reason why he wanted to destroy the world was because he wanted to destroy himself. Plus, on top of everything, the world can be defined as not only the entire human race, but also what each individual feels revolves around them. The world can include only/or not the people you really care about. SO since sarah was suppose to be luc's only confident, we know he didn't care about her(b/c she was a tool to him) so he really didn't care about the world.

I mean this dude hated himself because he wasn't really human, he explains that to sasarai, and then he turns around and hates humans for being human. So luc is obviously suffering from a strong form of depression and anger...that's why he felt that the only way out was to kill himself. Now, since he's made up of a whole bunch of energy-thingies it's not as simple as wounding his body. He's made up of something past the physical state.

So since he wants desparately to end HIS existence, he needed the 5 true runes to destroy his Wind Rune, and it just so happens that WORLD was going to be anniahlated with him. Therfore, he didn't care about the world at all, he wasn't the "savior" even if he tried to make himself believe it(when he's explaining everything in the fmv shots trying to make the world sound like a "cage" etc...). Basically he was a selfish, ego-tistical, man. oooh~ so wait, since he is and can feel all those things that means he IS more human, which he figures out in the end when it's too late!
"Why do people depend on each other? In the end you're on your own."-Squall
LGM

Post by LGM »

If Luc is a copy (or whatever) of Hikusaak, do you think by nature, He would act in the same way as Hikusaak? Suikoden is notorious for the old 'the son will take the same path as the father' story. Luc must have some personality traits in common with his 'Dad'.
Doo-Doo-D-Doo, Doody-Doody-Doody-D-Do....
Fliktor

Post by Fliktor »

In the same manner then Sasarai would share similar personality traits with Luc...but Sasarai never wanted to blow up a True Rune.

In Suikoden it would seem that cloning only clones the body, not the mind.
Whats your opinion on censorship? ... **** censorship!
[King Fliktor] [Axiose, my Dæmon]