Something about Luc in SuikoIII

Ask questions about the events that take place during the Suikoden games themselves.
kanzuki

Something about Luc in SuikoIII

Post by kanzuki »

I know this is stupid but I don't understand much about Luc's purpose of gathering the 5 true runes in Suikoden III. As far as I understand, all he wants to do is to remove that true wind rune of his. Is that all? Or is there something more than tha meets the eye?
Silvermouse

Post by Silvermouse »

He wants to destroy his True Wind rune, and I think he needs the other runes to do it.
Zotmaster

Post by Zotmaster »

He's challenging God. Destroying a True Rune is challenging God himself. By using the combined power of the five Elemental True Runes, and destroying his lastly, the resulting damage would be catastrophic. Luc wants a cleansing of sorts. He sees the True Runes as a form of shackles for people, and he feels that by destroying those shackles, it will free humans from bondage, albeit at a cost of a million lives.
Congratulations, but you're still wrong, Killey.
RageRune

Post by RageRune »

Luc can see the future as well with his rune. In the future he sees that the world is silence as a result of chaos vs. dharma ( I think) so he decides to change fate and sacrifice is True rune as well as 1 million lives instead of the whole world being affected by the future.
koriand'r

Post by koriand'r »

Well at first he wants to stop the stagnation future than he reveals that he has a huge dislike for people; so...take your pick on what his motive really is.
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

Luc didn't see the future, he saw the memories of the True Wind Rune. How the True Wind Rune had memories of the future, nobody knows.
Last edited by Jowy Atreides on Sun Sep 18, 2005 11:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ced The Lad

Post by Ced The Lad »

I know they say memories, but I think they said it was more like "a desired fate". That's where all life is going to end up.
http://www.suikox.com: Where the Tinto Republic continues to guide the masses through the sea of history.
Sasarai825

Post by Sasarai825 »

Luc's future sounds like something out of Chrono Cross with the Dead Sea. That clash may be the future, but for what world. He said the rune sees through many dimensions. Was he seeing the world's actual future or just some other world?
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

Nobody's really sure, but my personal guess is that this is something that happens eventually, but it probably won't be covered for quite some time.
Last edited by Jowy Atreides on Sun Sep 18, 2005 11:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sol Fury

Post by Sol Fury »

Stagnation, koriand'r? Interesting view on that silent future, especially since the Circle rune controls stagnation and Harmonia is after all 27 True Runes.
Perhaps that is how things wind up if Hikusaak manages to achieve his goal?
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

Luc stated that the dimension he sent Hugo into was when Dharma defeated Chaos, otherwise known as stagnation.
Last edited by Jowy Atreides on Sun Aug 01, 2004 7:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pyro

Post by Pyro »

so imagine what it'll be like if chaos won
Eagles May Soar But Weasels Don't Get Sucked Into Jet Engines.
Vextor
Global Admin

Post by Vextor »

Yeah, there'd be a real big and rowdy party--everywhere you go in the world! A future of total chaos isn't too bad.
Pyro

Post by Pyro »

mosh pits,liqour,and partying 24-7....screw it let chaos win
Eagles May Soar But Weasels Don't Get Sucked Into Jet Engines.
Sol Fury

Post by Sol Fury »

Hmmm, I can see Yuber enjoying a place like that. The man lives for chaos.
Perhaps he's an incarnation of chaos in this world? Siding with Luc to avert the stagnated, silent, Dharma-future to create something more to his liking?