Five Beavers?

Ask questions about the personality and backstory of the multitude of characters in the Suikoden series.
Luther

Five Beavers?

Post by Luther »

We already know Maroon (the Beaver with mallet), Muroon (the one with glasses). Now, here is Miroon! (ミルーン)

http://ranobe.sakuratan.com/up/src/up88813.jpg

Scan from Jump.

Meroon, Moroon soon?
killey

Post by killey »

That sounds right. The only difference in the Suikoden II squirrels were their capes and the second letters of their names (a,e,i,o,u_). It should be the same with the beavers, though it looks like they'll have a bigger impact on the story.
patapi
Forum Moderator

Post by patapi »

Man, they need to employ better variety schemes for these quintet characters, IMO. The vowel variations were the best in the original game, where you could hardly tell they started the whole a-i-u-e-o trend. (Maas, Meese, Moose, Mace, Mose)

Kogoro and his friends at least had a little more thoughts put into their names too. The rest, not so much.
Rody

Post by Rody »

Can anyone tell me WHY they picked beavers? Is it the landscape and it just made sense, or something? *shudders* I hate beavers.

There are SOME differences to the squirrels on S2, like that green one has giant buckteeth. That's the only other thing I remember. :D

I personally liked the dogs best.
How did I end up as Pang Tong?!

Don't drink and park - accidents cause people.
patapi
Forum Moderator

Post by patapi »

Rody wrote:Can anyone tell me WHY they picked beavers? Is it the landscape and it just made sense, or something? *shudders* I hate beavers.
Probably because it fits the entire rivers and dams theme, mayhap?

But, worry not. These beavers sure have very distinct appearance this time around. They even differ in profession, which is extraordinary for the vowel quintets.
Angelis_Taleria
Elite Member

Post by Angelis_Taleria »

It was reported on SuikoX that DoReMi elves will take the generic role like the squirrels and dogs of Suikoden 2 and 3 since it would appear they don't count as SoDs. However, you need someone, Cornelio(?), to recruit them.
I hope everything is going delicious.
HolyPaladin

Post by HolyPaladin »

Looks like we have our five beavers besides フワラフワル Fuwalafuwalu.

マルーン Maroon (1)
ミルーン Miroon (2)
ムルーン Muroon (3)
メルーン Meroon (4)
モルーン Moroon (5)

Also, there are 5 Doremi Elves that are the replacements for the squirrels and dogs. They are owned by a guy named Cornelio. This scenario reminds me of Connell from Suikoden II and his Doremi Elves. Also, they have similar names, so perhaps they are related.

EDIT: Here is the artwork for Moroon. Can anyone say: Rock and Roll beaver :P ?
Last edited by HolyPaladin on Sun Jan 25, 2015 8:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Showcasing Q here because he's the man! 8) Er, robot. :oops: Wait, cyborg...? :? OK, just what is Q, anyway?!
Oh, and please call me Paladin for short.
patapi
Forum Moderator

Post by patapi »

Konami actually thought we nwanted TWO sets of these quintets in a single game?

Simply fascinating.
suikodenherodrake

Post by suikodenherodrake »

I'm suddenly thinking FLCL when I see Moroon.

What's next in the sixth game? Raccoons? That would be interesting..... No wait, RABBITS! With the nasty, sharp, pointy teeth! *does the Enchanter's impression*

Sorry. I bad.
Check out my Suikoden fic: Freiheit
WARNING: Season 1 may cause head-splodies.
R.I.P. Todd Davis
3-21-88 - 2-25-07
Angelis_Taleria
Elite Member

Post by Angelis_Taleria »

patapi wrote:Konami actually thought we nwanted TWO sets of these quintets in a single game?

Simply fascinating.
Oh, yes, they read your mind, Patapi and saw how much you loved little elves and decided to toss them in.

The thing I wonder about is if these elves are SoDs or simply something else to take up castle, or should I say ruin, space.
I hope everything is going delicious.
Raww Le Klueze
Global Admin

Post by Raww Le Klueze »

Castle, there's nothing ruined about those ruins. And so far I only have the one elf but I haven't seen it anywhere in any of the bases.