Question about rune pieces etc

A forum to ask questions if you are stuck in the The Gate Rune Wars; or wish for more clarity on the gameplay systems.
Seraphium

Question about rune pieces etc

Post by Seraphium »

Hey guys i just started playing this game (yea yea i know what is it , 10 years late?? )

Anyway, after reading some faqs ive learnt about how certain characters do well with certain runes.

But what of rune pieces? the things attached to your weapons... do you guys recommend i even put rune pieces on my weapons? If so does it matter what rune pieces i put on certain characters????
Angelis_Taleria
Elite Member

Post by Angelis_Taleria »

To my knowledge, Rune affinities weren't present during Suikoden I, so the only thing that affects how well a character uses a rune is totally dependent on their MAG stat. Rune pieces, however, are the same for every character. Basically, it doesn't matter what rune pieces you put on which characters. Whether or not you decide to put rune pieces on characters is totally up to you, however.

Certain elements added to your weapon will do additional damage to certain enemies and less damage to certain enemies depending on their elemental alignment or what have you.
I hope everything is going delicious.
Seraphium

Post by Seraphium »

ahh i see

REgarding the rune pieces again, i heard there were non-elemental rune peices
e.g Strength rune pieces etc

where i can find these??
Lemmy Claypool

Post by Lemmy Claypool »

Treasure chests. And I think they're (rarely) dropped by certain enemies, too, though I have no idea which.
Seraphium

Post by Seraphium »

Oh, if u find out which treasure chests, let me know please

apparently there was one in the castle!!! when you have to clear the zombie dragon from it!

ACK too late now lol
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

aerin

Post by aerin »

You can juste drop earth rune piece and water rune piece on black boar in Mt. Seifu for the first and on Killer slim in Mt. Tigerwolf for the second piece. The others elemental rune piece can be find in treasure chest, so you can't have a lot of it.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

in my opinion the Water Rune Pieces are the only ones that are worth it--
1. Slimes drop Water Rune Pieces WAY more often than Boars drop Earth Rune Pieces. good luck getting 1 Earth Rune Piece.
2. each piece regenerates 5 hp at the beginning of each round (in later Suikodens this type of stuff adds it only at the end of a turn only if the battle is still going on). since you can attach up to 9 pieces to one character--that's +45 HP at the beginning of each round; even if you take hits from difficult enemies, by the time you get to somewhere important, you're full HP just by doing random battles.

you get 2 or 3 from chests throughout the game, so if you only care about one character (i stick it on my Hero) you only need to get 6-7 from battles. it might take a few hours to get THAT many, though.
aerin

Post by aerin »

It depend of the character too. I usually use pesmerga and he have a really bad skill, so I upgrad it with earth rune piece. But you're right about the water ;).
koolcblue

Post by koolcblue »

Instead of making a new topic I though I'd just ask here, seeing it kind of has to do with my question.

Does anyone know if magic rune pieces are dropped by enemies, and if so, where and by what?

This will be a big help. I'm at the end of the first Suikoden for like the tenth time and I can't seem to get Viktor's magic level up very fast at all. He is currently at 122 and needs to be at 131 to unlock the 4th level spells which is what I'm trying to do.
-- CML --

Those Silverberg's always coming over unannouced...
Chris_Lightfellow

Post by Chris_Lightfellow »

Suikosource wrote:Magic Rune Piece
Increase Magic Power
Increases Magic Power by 1-5 points for each rune piece used.
Dropped By
Black Elemental (Dragon's Den
Found At
Scarleticia Castle
Neclord's Castle
Suikosource is a website as well. Look at the links at the top of the site. :)
And if I saw you dancing, I would spin you around, spin you around, turn your world upside down

Not sure about something? Check the board rules!
Buff

Post by Buff »

you can also find 1 in milch's castle in a secret room.if you don't know about that before going to the upper floor go to the very left and go to the book case with the painting above it and a dialouge should come up.answer the right choice and it opens.if you don't answer right just go away and come back to do it again.
koolcblue

Post by koolcblue »

Now I feel stupid, because I look through the website all the time and what do you know, it was on the website :oops:
I didn't think it had items like that in the game section. Sorry! Next time I'll be sure to look more thoroughly first!~
-- CML --

Those Silverberg's always coming over unannouced...
Mad Prince of Highland

Post by Mad Prince of Highland »

Hey man, we all make mistakes. No worries.
"Fear is a stupid emotion."
YouKnowYouGeddoe

Post by YouKnowYouGeddoe »

Another rune piece question: Do rune pieces only raise attributes (i.e. strength, skill, etc.) by 1 in this game? I can't seem to get any increases beyond 1-point gains by using rune pieces. I feel like it might be somehow connected to level and/or how far along in the game one is.

Edit: After combing some FAQs on GameFAQs, I think they only raise stats by 1. Never mind.
We conjugate verbs and constipate nerds like you.