Character stats in major battles

A forum to ask questions if you are stuck in the The Gate Rune Wars; or wish for more clarity on the gameplay systems.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

there might also be an issue with those that regenerate and those that are expendable.

Suikoden IV uses a troop system (and we know they tried to reflect the first game...) with troops that replenish each battle to represent a ship's "HP".

so in I, it could be that there is a minimum number of troops that are in your battle (based on either plot or # recruits...) that will always replenish and there are those that are expendable (permanently lost).
why? because if you end up getting really screwed in one battle ending up with like 200 troops left and you're facing an army of 12000, it's bad news even if plot/new recruits add like 1000, and there isn't an easy way to fix this problem if there are no replenishable troops.

example - let's say there is a replenishable system based on # stars and expendable based on plot. this makes more sense than the other way because it would encourage players to recruit more stars to have an easier time in battles. you have 60 SODs. to simplify let's just say each SOD = +100 troops so we have a minimum of like 6000. plot devices add like 2000 troops but you lose 3000 [without a SoD dying]. next battle you would still have 6000 instead of (6000 + 2000 - 3000 = 5000)

just to make things a bit more complex... ;)
Oppenheimer
Global Admin

Post by Oppenheimer »

That's an excellent point. Have you ever experienced a battle where you "almost" lost the last one and had like 200 troops left? what happened in the next one? Especially for battles like Kawanada and then the fort, since they're so close together it'll be easier to determine numbers without thinking of having recruited stars.
YubersNightRune

Post by YubersNightRune »

That kind of stinks that leveling up dosent help there war-stats. I would of thought that at least the magicians would have gained war skill through leveling expirience but oh well nothing we can do about it. :?
http://www.BodyBuilding.com Is all that you need!
Angelis_Taleria
Elite Member

Post by Angelis_Taleria »

No, the stats in Suikoden I never change unless you use something like charge to give a temporary boost.
I hope everything is going delicious.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

well the power of teams add up differently as you add characters to each team. if each is solo, they have more power than the amt they add if added to an existing group. just take a look at the Army Battles Guide..

Lorelai alone = 11
Quincy alone = 9
Mina alone = 4

complete team = 17