Gods

Detailed hypotheses for, and analysis of, the events transpiring during the Suikoden games
Wraith

Gods

Post by Wraith »

Okay, most people view True Runes as gods. However, eventhough the True Runes are supposed to be the most powerfull source of power they arn't exactly deity's. Wich made me reread the whole creation story.
In the beginning, there was "darkness."
Basicly the 'Source' of existince is the Darkness. But since the Darkness represents the void of inexistence(or whatever) it isn't a deity either.
then, the "darkness" shed a "tear."
From that "tear," the brothers Sword and Shield were born.
Shield claimed it could defend against any attack.
Sword claimed it could slice through anything.
You can see where I'm going to. The Sword and Shield are dual forces that actually created the universe or at least the planet on wich Suikoden takes place. Anyway the Sword and Shield do not have to be represented by a sword and a shield. Also this came to mind.
Shield claimed it could defend against any attack.
Sword claimed it could slice through anything.
The brothers began a legendary battle.
At the end, both Sword and Shield shattered.
Sword became the sky, Shield became the earth, and the sparks from the battle became the stars.
As for the jewels, they fell to the ground and became the True Runes--The runes that all other runes were born from.
Now I have a theorie for a possible plot. Take for example that Hikusaak wants to have all True Runes to reasemble them to the Sword and Shield. Offcourse the Jewels(True Runes) weren't the only components of these forces. The Sword became the sky's and the Shield the earth, from the 108 there are 36 stars of Heaven and 72 stars of Earth. What if the SoD's are the other components of the Sword and Shield? Seeing as many beleive Hikusaak is a Tenkai star this would make sense.

Another thing I thought of is Pesmerga and Yuber. Some people already think that they are incarnations of the Sword and Shield. What if they are? They might be the ones that turn into the Sword and Shield after they obtain their respective halfs of True Runes. However this makes less sense than the above.

[/quote]
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

you know I just thought of something

if yuber is somehow connected to the legend of sword and Shield, then that might explain why he hates the bright shield rune so much

maybe yuber wants to forget about shield and everytime he sees the bright shield rune, he constantly reminded of his past

just a thought anyway
Nemesis

Post by Nemesis »

That sort of fits... wait.. he didnt hate the shield in part 2 did he?? I didn't recall him saying anything like that.
Nick Bruiser
pesmerga786

Post by pesmerga786 »

hmm son michael has a good point. it makes sense
demon eye

Post by demon eye »

I doubt Yuber and Pesmerga are the Sword and Shield for the reason that he does seem to dislike the Bright Shield Rune. For one, the Shield represents Chaos which we know Yuber loves. If he dislikes the Bright Shield Rune then it's sort of like Yuber saying Yuber hates everything Yuber stands for which could make sense in a twisted way, but I don't think that's the path chosen for them. That would be too easy, but it is certainly the most plausible theory out there so far.
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

Nemesis wrote:That sort of fits... wait.. he didnt hate the shield in part 2 did he?? I didn't recall him saying anything like that.
the only time he could talk about the bright shield rune is in part 2..so yes he did mention he hated the bright shield rune in part 2,I think its when the golden wolves take over muse
Wraith

Post by Wraith »

demon eye wrote:I doubt Yuber and Pesmerga are the Sword and Shield for the reason that he does seem to dislike the Bright Shield Rune. For one, the Shield represents Chaos which we know Yuber loves. If he dislikes the Bright Shield Rune then it's sort of like Yuber saying Yuber hates everything Yuber stands for which could make sense in a twisted way, but I don't think that's the path chosen for them. That would be too easy, but it is certainly the most plausible theory out there so far.
It does make sense. The bright shield rune is alligned to the Sword and the Sword represents Order so....
Moonbay

Post by Moonbay »

demon eye has a point.

Yuber likes Chaos.

Bright Shield Rune is Chaos.

Yuber hates the Bright Shield Rune.

So--Yuber hates chaos....NO

The only thing I can think of is that Yuber sees the Bright Shield Rune as a competitor for creating chaos. So, in fact--he hates it.
Playing Suikoden III......
Liam

Post by Liam »

I belive that Yuber and Pesmerga had a Bright Shield and Black Sword runes too. Perhaps they might be the first ones to fall under it's influence.

Perhaps Yuber killed Pesmerga, or they killed each other and now they are just shadows, ghosts, demons or what else fighting their endless batle forever circled in the curse of the rune of beginning

Maby He hate Bright Shield becouse Pesmerha had it, or more likely becouse he was The One used by this Rune. Maby He is stil under it's influence and that is why He can be seen only where is a war or some other kind of destruction. Maby Pesmerga is stil under influence of the Black Sword and that is why He is chasing Yuber, to bring order and finish all the chaos that Yuber is causing
Liam O'veigh, The best swordsman in all Evergreen, beater of Maldon and bodyguard of queen Rose
Lemmy Claypool

Post by Lemmy Claypool »

son_michael wrote:
Nemesis wrote:That sort of fits... wait.. he didnt hate the shield in part 2 did he?? I didn't recall him saying anything like that.
the only time he could talk about the bright shield rune is in part 2..so yes he did mention he hated the bright shield rune in part 2,I think its when the golden wolves take over muse
No it's in Greenhill. When he sics the Bone Dragon onto you.
Wraith

Post by Wraith »

Moonbay wrote:demon eye has a point.

Yuber likes Chaos.

Bright Shield Rune is Chaos.

Yuber hates the Bright Shield Rune.

So--Yuber hates chaos....NO

The only thing I can think of is that Yuber sees the Bright Shield Rune as a competitor for creating chaos. So, in fact--he hates it.
Has it been confirmed that the Bright Shield rune is aligned to the Shield? I have always thought it was aligned to the sword.
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

why do you think bright shield rune is alligned to sword? that dosent make sense
Wraith

Post by Wraith »

son_michael wrote:why would you think bright shield rune is alligned to sword? it dosent make sense
Yes it does, The Bright Shield seems to represent order and order is the sword. Ergo Bright Shield is aligned to the sword. Q.E.D.

At least thats what I figured.
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

what I mean is...how do you figure the bright shield rune seems to represent order?

thats what dosent make sense to me
Wraith

Post by Wraith »

son_michael wrote:what I mean is...how do you figure the bright shield rune seems to represent order?

thats what dosent make sense to me
Because the Black Sword rune seems to be more Chaotic than the BSR. Dark spells, summonable swords from something that appears to be a dark realm(talking about the LVL 4 spell).. Thats why I think the BSR is aligned to Order.