Character deaths permanent?~formerly:Help....

A forum to ask questions if you are stuck in the The Gate Rune Wars; or wish for more clarity on the gameplay systems.
Satoshis angel kasumi

Character deaths permanent?~formerly:Help....

Post by Satoshis angel kasumi »

Um...sorry if there is a thread like this one but i need to know....when you fight a battle(the mini war things) and a character dies...do they come back.....because luc died........during Teo's charge....and i can't find him....so help me out if ya can.

Edit by Oppenheimer: Please use a subject that reflects the content of your post.
lucreborn

Post by lucreborn »

lol no once they die they are gone for good. good idea to save then go into battle lol :P
"I've always been alone, ever since I was born." ~luc suikoden 3~
Satoshis angel kasumi

Post by Satoshis angel kasumi »

lucreborn wrote:lol no once they die they are gone for good. good idea to save then go into battle lol :P
ok thanks.
Moonbay

Post by Moonbay »

And the battles follow a set pattern for each game. So take note of the enemy's attacks and if a charcter dies--reset then start again. Although when you get all three ninjas--this makes it a little easier.
Playing Suikoden III......
Irish Pesmerga

Post by Irish Pesmerga »

strange, I thought Luc was one of the ones that can't die.
Leon: You forgot Rule #1 in 'the book.' Don't put yourself in danger.

Shu: I had to throw away 'the book.' You read it too many times...
Moonbay

Post by Moonbay »

Nope. Luc died the first time I played the game. :)
Gandalf

Post by Gandalf »

whoa somethins seens wrong here...if you have a suikoden 1 data with luc dead...and load this data in suikoden 2...what could possible happen??
and then posteriorly...using the suikoden 2 data with luc dead in suikoden 3 game?? There will be no villain lol
"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."
[=Gandalf=]
aydas_arrow

Post by aydas_arrow »

nothing, luc is still alive in s2, in fact he cant die in s2.
break that tree and i'll break your legs!

No one harms the forest and gets away with it!!
Gandalf

Post by Gandalf »

you don't get it, if we use suikoden 1 datas in suikoden 2, with luc dead in suikoden 1, he sunddely appears alive in suikoden 2? thats wrong...
"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."
[=Gandalf=]
Lemmy Claypool

Post by Lemmy Claypool »

Gandalf wrote:you don't get it, if we use suikoden 1 datas in suikoden 2, with luc dead in suikoden 1, he sunddely appears alive in suikoden 2? thats wrong...
Um...what more do you want us to say? Even if he dies in Suiko I and you load that data to Suiko II he'll still show up. We could lie to you if you'd prefer :p
Moonbay

Post by Moonbay »

I asked this question in another thread.

And the answer is:

If a SoD from 1 dies and is to be a SoD in 2--they come back.
MatildaWhiteKnightLeader

Post by MatildaWhiteKnightLeader »

Alright you guys have to know these games were back nearly a decade ago. People weren't that smart back then and forgot to take these possible deaths into account when making the sequel games. Give the programmers a break or try not to get an SoD killed in battle. what kind of general are you if you get your leaders killed?
Strategy is the key to victory!
ShardStar

Post by ShardStar »

Well since you were supposed to collect 108 stars and there is the main story that the 108 stars ARE collected. There would just be too many story variances on whom is dead or alive. I mean if Sheena dies in Suiko1 they'd have to make a major plot change for Suiko2.
MatildaWhiteKnightLeader

Post by MatildaWhiteKnightLeader »

exactly, it would be a big plot mess if they took deaths into account. Imagine Victor and Flik got killed in suiko I, suiko II plot would need a michael jackson face lift.
And if Luc got killed, suiko 3 would be like Atlantis, GONE..... until a bunch of stargate scientists wander by.
Strategy is the key to victory!
Chris_Lightfellow

Post by Chris_Lightfellow »

MatildaWhiteKnightLeader wrote: And if Luc got killed, suiko 3 would be like Atlantis, GONE..... until a bunch of stargate scientists wander by.
Lol, I love that show! SG-1, too. Awesome shows. Anyways, I too had wondered what would happen in S3 if Luc died, because he died in a war in my S1.
And if I saw you dancing, I would spin you around, spin you around, turn your world upside down

Not sure about something? Check the board rules!