[Guide] Obel Ruins

A forum to ask people who have played the games about gameplay questions.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

Ezekiel wrote:Wow, I'm guessing some of you are extremely strong. I was terrified to just be on the 4th floor. All my skills are S, my character levels are around 34, and I have the strongest armor/accesories that I can buy, with a few goodies from treasure chests. My weapons are all level 7 also, should I go for the gold?? :D
Ezekiel, i haven't visited El-Eal yet and i was doing Obel. Kyril was lvl 8 and my wpns are lvl 3! i tried 5 but reset the system because those Golems... omg. but actually.. i should have just restarted the battle and put in storyline characters (you can even just put 1 in!) and had them die so you get sent back outside --- would i have kept all items that way????

if the above is true, i can try out a strategy... send in 1 or 2 tanks with the Clay Guardian spell on them. i have Kyril, Trishtan and Eugene that can take hits. i have seen it significantly reduce dmg (i have Pablo). but i'lll have to make sure Pablo levels up during the battle because i have only 2 lvl 2's and there are like 3 golems.. well, maybe i can sacrifice 1-2 a non-dying characters at the end if it's just my team vs 1 golem............ :twisted:
Ezekiel

Post by Ezekiel »

Okay, I went through Obel Ruins on a new game+ I put on all my awesome armor from the last game, and my level's were around 8. Everyone took away 1 hp. Golems take away up to 5, but if you are on the right affinity, they take away like 20. If they are on a weak afinity, and you a strong one, than they are a piece of cake. It takes time, but I've never come close to dying really. It's the best strategy I can think of.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

aw, that sounds like the entire game in new game+ will be waaaay too easy. i was hoping the difficulty could be slightly adjusted to account for your equipment
Ezekiel

Post by Ezekiel »

KFCrispy wrote:aw, that sounds like the entire game in new game+ will be waaaay too easy. i was hoping the difficulty could be slightly adjusted to account for your equipment

Well, you can always just put on weaker equipment. I just want to get all the goodies before things get challenging :twisted:
Angelis_Taleria
Elite Member

Post by Angelis_Taleria »

Yeah, even if you have S rank skills, you can only equip about two of them and for some crazy reason, Kyril rarely uses parry, so it seems about the same as the first playthrough. The only difference I've noticed is that I am a lot better at decision making due to already playing through the stages once before
I hope everything is going delicious.
Ezekiel

Post by Ezekiel »

When you guys talked about the Dragons...I assumed you meant it was the only thing you had to fight in the room. Wow. I was wrong. What strategy do you guys use to not have anyone die? Im playing my old gamne, so I really dont care that Sigurd just died...but still.
Angelis_Taleria
Elite Member

I haven't gone down to the fifth and sixth level yet, but I do know those elemental dragons and elemental spirits are down there. It's best to take them out with magic before they get to you, if you can. Otherwise try using someone like Karl, due to Cross Counter which will kill them in one hit. Send someone in as his backup to spread his element and heal him if need be. Until I go down there myself, which I will be doing once I finish studying in about 2 hours, I will give you better tactics, unless I get beat like a redhead stepchild belonging to a southern family that likes to kiss everyone in their family with their fist......yeah.
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

you know..im thinking that I might not have gotten to the fifth level of the ruins...in which case Ill be able to get the rare items!

the farthest level ive been to is the level with all the fire warriors and the golems{with the treasure chest floating in the water and stuff} I dont remember any poison or anything like that...so I was probably on the 4th level right?!!
Angelis_Taleria
Elite Member

Nope, that must've been the fifth, because I went to the fourth and there were no golems.
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

yeah...your probably right, well ill get everything in new game+
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

The chests are drenched in poison.
Last edited by Jowy Atreides on Wed Jul 25, 2007 7:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

I always thought it was water, eh whatever, a reason to play new game+
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

wow i tried my strategy vs the Golems and was okay with surviving (sorta), but the fighting takes hours... and i when i finally start working on the first armless golem, i found had no way of doing real damage to it!! i tried to send in Dario and Nalleo to unite but they were blocked off by the Golem. I was taking off 2-6 pts.. so i gave up and died with my storyline characters and returned to Obel with the items and levels i had won earlier (*whew*). any tips on how to actually do dmg to Golems, and what to do if they are blocking your path (everyone's stuck on the thin passageway). Maybe Bull's Eye can work and occassionally avoid its armor..
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

If the golem cannot attack, it will move back.

Once he's moved back, move some tanks in. Unites are a good choice, as unites ignore DEF. In the case of an immobile golem, change the tiles: he'll move. Lazlo on a wind tile can ruin any golem.
Last edited by Jowy Atreides on Tue Jun 03, 2008 12:46 am, edited 4 times in total.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

maybe i should just wait until i have more abilities.. i can't even swap characters in and out of battle as some ppl have been mentioning. and a flying mount probably helps!

are there any unites where the guys line up one behind the other to deliver a frontal attack?