bankrupting chiepoo

A forum to ask people who have played the games about gameplay questions.
son_michael

bankrupting chiepoo

Post by son_michael »

can someone please list the positives and negatives of doing this? I know you can get a hunter rune if you bankrupt him but are there any other character recruitments I need him for? besides the colored mercenaries

see here's my problem, I want have a game with ALL the characters and since characters dont carry over and items do... im thinking I should bankrupt chiepoo{by doing all those x and co quest} and get all the rare runes and items and accesories in my first palythrough, then in my second 1..ill recruit all characters

does this sound like a good idea to you guys? bankrupt chiepoo now and help him later?
Last edited by son_michael on Tue Nov 29, 2005 6:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
killey

Post by killey »

Here's a better idea: Help out and make his business succeed ano once you've done all Chiepoo's quest and got the Mercenaries, then in the same playthrough screw him over and send him from the top all the way down and get yourself a Hunter Rune.
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

well, while that is a great idea, I HAVE to play in new game+ again because I messed up with the obel ruins,so I was thinking if items and runes could carry over, then I could get all the characters on my second playthrough, after I got all the runes and items I could get by doing chipoos stuff

thats why I wanted a lost of positive things you get by helping chiepoo and negative things, as well as positive things for helping x and co and the negative as well

thanks for your great suggestion,however before I make a decision, I want more oppinion, speciffically from patapi, DMX and SARS

but if I truly can get everything in 1 playthrough, ill only play new game + for those extra items in obel
Angelis_Taleria
Elite Member

Post by Angelis_Taleria »

You can't get everything in 1 playthrough. Just think of Lalacle!
I hope everything is going delicious.
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

yeah I havent forgotten about lalacle, im still on the fence though about helping chiepoo or the x co company

can somebody please post the good things and bad things about doing chiepoos quets and the same thing for the x co quest?
Angelis_Taleria
Elite Member

There are no real perks for doing the X-merchant's quest. Where as helping Chiepoo nets you the mercenaries. The only incentive to helping X are the hunter runes. That and the normal quest rewards

Hmm, I cant wait til this weekend to play again. Tally has too much homework right now. Accursed graduation project! College is such an evil bastardo.
Wicked_Rune_Bearer

Post by Wicked_Rune_Bearer »

Just wondering early in the game I screwed up and did one for x and co. does that mean I can't get the mercniarys or is there a set limit.
A rpg-suikoden site that lets you choose your character and basically play suikoden on your computer as if it was on your ps console
http://z14.invisionfree.com/Suikoden_Legends
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

nope you cant get the mercenaries anymore, 1 x co mission and your screwed, but on the bright side, you can get hunter runes by putting chiepoo out of buisness and those runes can be carried on into new game+ so its not all that bad, characters dont get carried over to new game+ so if you cant load a previous save...dont recruit all the characters, get the hunter runes, finish the game and recruit all of the characters in new game+
Last edited by son_michael on Thu Nov 17, 2005 3:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Wicked_Rune_Bearer

At this time I would like to say some foul unessacary words because of what I just found out but you know what it'll be alright like son-michael said wait a second if I do something good for chiepoo does that mean i can't get the hunter rune either?cause if so then i'm screwed both ways but i guess i can get then on the 2nd one or restart which does suck because i just got lazlo and snowe but oh well.
A rpg-suikoden site that lets you choose your character and basically play suikoden on your computer as if it was on your ps console
Angelis_Taleria
Elite Member

Help Chiepoo out until you get the mercenaries. Then run his business into the ground, get the hunter runes and go about your merry business. That's the smart solution.
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

unfortunatley for him, he cant get the mercenaries now, he did 1 x co quest and he cant load a previous save, so its best for him to do chiepoos quest for the money and exp and then run him into the ground to get the hunter runes. Like I said, recruit all of the chraacters in new game+
Wicked_Rune_Bearer

i'm not sure I clearly understood you so you can do all chiepoos then the x and co's and you can still get the hunter rune
Angelis_Taleria
Elite Member

Yes, you can. Do all of the Chiepoo Quests, Get the Mercenaries, Then do the X and Co Quest and get the Hunter Runes.
Ezekiel

Post by Ezekiel »

Ah, i didn't even know about all this. Im gonna try it out, what exactly does the hunter rune do again?
HolyPaladin

Post by HolyPaladin »

Ezekiel wrote:Ah, i didn't even know about all this. Im gonna try it out, what exactly does the hunter rune do again?
The Hunter Rune severely lowers you accuracy, but if you're attack succeeds, you will get an item for certain.
Last edited by HolyPaladin on Sun Jan 25, 2015 6:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Showcasing Q here because he's the man! 8) Er, robot. :oops: Wait, cyborg...? :? OK, just what is Q, anyway?!
Oh, and please call me Paladin for short.