Dislike Narcissists ~formerly:Did you notice in almost every

Ask questions about the personality and backstory of the multitude of characters in the Suikoden series.
HairyMonekyNuts

Post by HairyMonekyNuts »

wasnt one of them gay? the dude from 3... right? Narcissist are basically rich people who are fruity... er.. than most fruity people. fruity dosent mean your gay.
moneky is suppose to be monkey... i was just to lazy to make a new account.
YubersNightRune

Post by YubersNightRune »

HairyMonekyNuts wrote:wasnt one of them gay? the dude from 3... right? Narcissist are basically rich people who are fruity... er.. than most fruity people. fruity dosent mean your gay.
:lol: Fruity :lol: That seems oddly funny to me :lol:
http://www.BodyBuilding.com Is all that you need!
Oppenheimer
Global Admin

Post by Oppenheimer »

HairyMonekyNuts wrote:wasnt one of them gay? the dude from 3... right?
What makes you think that? He didn't seem any more sex oriented than the rest of the narcissists.

And fruity? Well, they're colourful like a bowl of fresh fruit. . . but otherwise I don't think that's really a word that makes much sense in this context.
YubersNightRune

Post by YubersNightRune »

Oppenheimer wrote:
HairyMonekyNuts wrote:wasnt one of them gay? the dude from 3... right?
What makes you think that? He didn't seem any more sex oriented than the rest of the narcissists.

And fruity? Well, they're colourful like a bowl of fresh fruit. . . but otherwise I don't think that's really a word that makes much sense in this context.
I know why that dosent fit in context and that amuses me :lol:
http://www.BodyBuilding.com Is all that you need!
Futch02

Post by Futch02 »

Olorin wrote: I HATE Pesmerga , Yuber and all these black Knight. They don't have personality!
Now, I don't agree with the "everybody's gay because they wear pink and like to drink tea" thing, but I also don't condone the "Yuber has no personality" thing. I dunno about Pesmergia, because we really only got to talk to him for about 9 seconds total, but Suikoden 3 shows that Yuber does, in fact, have personality. Twisted, sick, and VILE as it may be, it's still personality, and boy, do I love me some evil :D
Moonbay

Post by Moonbay »

Ah--I see where the idea that all Narcissists are gay....

According to the Myth, Narcissus rejected the love of both men and women--until he caught a glimpse of himself in a pond. He died trying to seduce the young man he saw in the pond--not realizing that it was him. According to one version of the myth, the reason he was so stupid was he was under the influence of a Goddess' spell.

Anyway--the simple explanation is: Narcissists love no one but themselves. So--how Reinbach II had a son--we'll never know.....
soul_eater

Post by soul_eater »

anyway...which place can i read about all type of character if there is any that u all noe :?:
Futch02

Post by Futch02 »

Moonbay wrote: Anyway--the simple explanation is: Narcissists love no one but themselves. So--how Reinbach II had a son--we'll never know.....
LOLOL! Possibly through the use of mirrors, or even a reflective suit, perhaps? :?

Btw...I dunno who taught you sex-ed, but you don't need love to have a baby. Lol!
Moonbay

Post by Moonbay »

Futch02 wrote:
Moonbay wrote: Anyway--the simple explanation is: Narcissists love no one but themselves. So--how Reinbach II had a son--we'll never know.....
LOLOL! Possibly through the use of mirrors, or even a reflective suit, perhaps? :?

Btw...I dunno who taught you sex-ed, but you don't need love to have a baby. Lol!
Ah--but if you love no one but yourself--you don't go near anyone else--see?
Futch02

Post by Futch02 »

Moonbay wrote: Ah--but if you love no one but yourself--you don't go near anyone else--see?
my brain exploded ;_;
Oppenheimer
Global Admin

Post by Oppenheimer »

Moonbay wrote: So--how Reinbach II had a son--we'll never know.....
Reinbach II isn't necessarily a narcassist. Only his son is. But even if he was it's possible he wanted to have offspring to have little versions of himself live on after he died, an ego thing.
demon eye

Post by demon eye »

This is such a weird discussion! lol.

First, narcissist aren't gay, fruity or whatever offensive word you would want to put in there. They arew certainly flamboyant, but that reflects their dramatic nature and uncomparable flair. It is true that narcissist love nothing more than themselves, but they do also have a vast appreciation for all things beautiful. Their appreciation of beauty and the more finer and refined things in life are beyond compare. No tell me, what exudes beauty more than a woman?

So, it is obvious that they would appreciate the beauty of females as much as they appreciate the beauty of all other things. They would certainly be engrossed with a beautiful female who captured their interest if not for anything but the fact that she was beautiful. And, just because you love yourself among all else doesn't mean you won't go near someone else. It just means that you love yourself above anything else. That has nothing to do with whether or not they will go about getting it on to reproduce.
Moonbay

Post by Moonbay »

demon eye wrote:This is such a weird discussion! lol.

First, narcissist aren't gay, fruity or whatever offensive word you would want to put in there. They arew certainly flamboyant, but that reflects their dramatic nature and uncomparable flair. It is true that narcissist love nothing more than themselves, but they do also have a vast appreciation for all things beautiful. Their appreciation of beauty and the more finer and refined things in life are beyond compare. No tell me, what exudes beauty more than a woman?

So, it is obvious that they would appreciate the beauty of females as much as they appreciate the beauty of all other things. They would certainly be engrossed with a beautiful female who captured their interest if not for anything but the fact that she was beautiful. And, just because you love yourself among all else doesn't mean you won't go near someone else. It just means that you love yourself above anything else. That has nothing to do with whether or not they will go about getting it on to reproduce.
Do you know the myth of Narcissus? He was a young man who loved no one but himself--so much, in fact, that he died while looking at his own reflection in a pool of water.

Narcissists love no one but themselves--and true, Reinbach II may not be a Narcissist--since he was simply wearing regal-colored clothes that were essentially normal--not flamboyant.
demon eye

Post by demon eye »

I know the myth very well, actually. I didn't say anything about them loving someone else. I said appreciating beauty. You are misconstruing the myth of Narcissus with the Narcissist we see in the Suikoden series. And again, you don't have to love someone to reproduce with them. They just have to be around.

Again, appreciation and love aren't the same thing. They may love nothing but themselves, but they have a greater appreciation of beauty and the more refined things in life.

You have to understand the reason why Narcissus was so entralled with himself, as well, if you read the myth. You do understand he was under a spell that caused him to be immersed with his own reflection by a beautiful nymph whom was in love with him, correct? He wouldn't have died by staring at his own reflection if it wasn't for her.
One of these nymphs, Echo, was so distraught over this rejection that she withdrew into a lonely spot and faded until all that was left was a plaintive whisper. The goddess Nemesis heard the rejected girls prayers for vengeance and arranged for Narcissus to fall in love with his own reflection. He stayed watching his reflection and let himself die. It is quite possible, however, that the connection between Echo and Narcissus was entirely Ovid's own invention, for there is no earlier witness to it.
That is a brief summary of what happened with Narcissus. You see, a narcissist has an unabated appreciation for beauty, but the myth can be taken out of context. It was not the intent to have Narcissus fall in love with himself. It was through a spell. So, we cannot be certain that Narcissist would not grow to appreciate anything as much as they appreciate themselves if it has some beauty and is refined so that it draws their attention. A woman can certainly impress a narcissist.
NChisholm

Post by NChisholm »

For the people who think the steriotyped Narrcicist in the games are gay.... think about this are all Metrosexuals gay?......... Broad statments are almost always wrong... generalizations and steriotypes are the root of many societys ills..... don't assume because of somones dress/actions... and finnaly take everything preacy guys like me say with a grain of salt because of course everyone is afforded their own opinions.... and of course all we're talking about in these threads is a game...
"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot- proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."