Character discussion~~formerly: Character Recruitment

A forum to ask people who have played the games about gameplay questions.
skymansxeno

Post by skymansxeno »

She had that rune in IV also if I remember correctly. It's nice that she is a battle character (Edit: I mean fighting).

Wow. This game sounds so good and in depth. I'm going to take my time when I play this in December.

I hope Jeane isn't the only non-IV-exclusive character to show up. I still hope for Viki and Pes (yeah right :roll: ). Though I am pretty sure there are at least four or five characters to be discovered. I heard they are hard to get though so it might be a while before we have word.
KoyuRedd

Post by KoyuRedd »

SuikoCrimson108 wrote:Is seduction rune an official rune? That's explains why many people got attracted on her. She's really a hot babe.
Seduction, Charm, what's the difference? It's the same rune from IV with the same stats. In IV she attracts male/female allies, and male enemies, whilst in this I'm assuming she attracts for defence.
[evil laugh here]
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

patapi wrote:Note that all characters are usable in battle. Even support characters. They have all the necessary stats to fight, except that [Attack] is now replaced with their individual support command. i.e. Carrie heals, etc.
About support characters, is there a limit to how many times you can use their support skill, whatever it may be?
Vextor
Global Admin

Post by Vextor »

At least one character is known to be recruitable only in your second playthrough. Some of the recruitment requirements seem to be quite otherworldly.
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

wow, that sounds really cool
Angelis_Taleria
Elite Member

Post by Angelis_Taleria »

SARSadmin wrote:At least one character is known to be recruitable only in your second playthrough. Some of the recruitment requirements seem to be quite otherworldly.
Could you give us an example?
I hope everything is going delicious.
Vextor
Global Admin

Post by Vextor »

Laracle can only be recruited in the 2nd playthrough, and Simeon seems to have a pretty tough recruitment requirememnt. I've also heard that Jeane's requirement is fairly difficult as well.
Angelis_Taleria
Elite Member

Well, Larcle's requirement isn't too bad since I'm sure most people would play through New Game+ anyway. As long as it isn't anything crazy that would require days of crazy work. When you find out the prerequisites to recruit Jeane do tell, that is if you don't mind.
dragonmasterx
Elite Member

Post by dragonmasterx »

To get Jeane:

Complete A rank quest called something like 5 elements. To complete it, simply accept the quest, then talk to Jeane at a bar in some town(I forgot which) in Kooluk, with pieces of the 5 elements, in the inventory. Then she'll join. Those are very easy to acquire and I already had plenty of them by the time my quest ranking became A.

"Simeon seems to have a pretty tough recruitment requirememnt."

Simeon's a story character. The mission in which she(maybe he) is recruited is tough indeed.
dragonmasterx
Elite Member

Post by dragonmasterx »

"About support characters, is there a limit to how many times you can use their support skill"

No.
Vextor
Global Admin

Post by Vextor »

Here's the info I have so far. Thanks DMX for the correction, my info about Simeon was wrong. I confused his recruitment requirement with his quest.

Gary & Ema - Joins at Mercet after Chapter 11 when you talk to them.

Jeane - Joins after A rank quest "Five-Hued Stone" is completed.

Karl- Accept to take on the B rank quest "The children are not returning!?"
Go to the "Ruins of Koranbar" and Karl can be seen in battle. Talk to him with Kyril and he will join.
Seems like the quest happens after Chapter 14.

Katarina & Keneth- She will join after the C rank quest "Chase the fake knights #2" is completed. She will join at the quest-related battle at the "Remains of the Eleil Fortress."
This quest can happen after Chapter 10.

Kate- Joins after chapter 17 (or earlier?) if you go to Haruna. There will be a battle.

Sigurd & Hervey - Joins after Chapter 10 if you visit the pirate's island during a fire or water day.
If you recruit Dario and Nalleo first, they will join after chapter 13 when you visit the pirate's island.

Dario & Nalleo - Same as Sigurd and Hervey but you have to visit during wind or earth days.

Simeon - Joins automatically (My mistake about him being difficult)

Charlemagne & Reinbach - After D rank quest "Bosom Friend" is solved, you have to trade various times with people in various towns (Buy salt, go to Obel and give salt to one of the folks to get soap, then go to rasril to echange that with a black shell, and then exchange that to a glowing ball).
After that, a quest battle will happen at the Teraner Plains, where you have to devend Charlemagne. He will only join after chapter 15 though.

Champo & Nalkul & Noah - Speak with a "middle aged man" at Mercet after Chapter 15, and then go to the port. They will join after a battle.

Mitsuba - Visit Mercet after chapter 15 and speak with Rineholt. Believe what he says and go to the Terraner Plains to fight with Mitsuba. She joins when you win.

Reinhold - He will join when you talk to him at Mercet after defeating Mitsuba.

Yu - Joins after completing "Please get some herbs" quest (rank D).
Angelis_Taleria
Elite Member

Ha, you're too cool for school, SARS. Thanks for the info. It'll certainly come in handy on November 9th when I pick up my copy of Rhapsodia. Too bad Nov. 9th is so far away. Til then I guess I'll have to live vigorously through DM_X and yourself. *cough*
Champo

Post by Champo »

Does this mean that Chiepoo is unrecruitable in this game? I know he's in it, I have seen screen shots with his portrait....but does he not join you?
HolyPaladin

Post by HolyPaladin »

Champo wrote:Does this mean that Chiepoo is unrecruitable in this game? I know he's in it, I have seen screen shots with his portrait....but does he not join you?
I believe Chiepoo is a non-playable character this time. I've read that he runs a trading post on the Deserted Island. I do know that he is replaced by Noah, though.
Last edited by HolyPaladin on Sun Jan 25, 2015 6:13 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Showcasing Q here because he's the man! 8) Er, robot. :oops: Wait, cyborg...? :? OK, just what is Q, anyway?!
Oh, and please call me Paladin for short.
Lani

Post by Lani »

Does this mean that Chiepoo is unrecruitable in this game?
ok, since a question like this was asked ill ask mine.

do helmut & colton show up in this game at all? before i asked here, i looked everywhere else, even on japanese search sites, trying to find an answer (screen shots, mentions of their names.. yadda yadda)

ive always wanted to know more on their situation, even though there might not be much to it.