Just out of curiosity...

A forum to ask questions if you are stuck in the The Gate Rune Wars; or wish for more clarity on the gameplay systems.
Lemmy Claypool

Just out of curiosity...

Post by Lemmy Claypool »

When is the soonest possible time to recruit Clive? He's always the last character I get (after attacking Shasarazade and recruiting Sonya) but I was wondering if it's possible to recruit him earlier in the storyline. Is it?
Tobias Amherst
Location: Last seen gaining tons of experience off Doremi Elves

Post by Tobias Amherst »

I got him by the time I was to invade the Northern Checkpoint. Judging by the amount of people it takes to get a level 4 castle, I'd say you'd be around the time you're trying to form an alliance with the Dragon Knights. This is around the time you'd get the minimum for the biggest castle.
Tobias Amherst
Chitoko Star
How to recruit: Bring him some Terbium and he'll join. Bring Nash for a hidden scene.
Lemmy Claypool

Post by Lemmy Claypool »

Cool, thanks. I'll have a crack at getting him sooner next time I play the game.
True Wind Bearer

Post by True Wind Bearer »

And note that it is utterly random, assuming you have a level 4 castle, recruiting Clive. As soon as you have a level 4 castle - which can be easily spotted when you arrive at your HQ and it has a small scene showing you the castle vertically for the 4th time - go to Rikon Inn, if he's not there, exit the town and repeat.

Not even high luck will save you on this, trust me, I've tried.
Lemmy Claypool

Post by Lemmy Claypool »

Yeah, I know how to get him, it was just the when I was unsure of. I've never missed him, though, and I think I'm on my eighth play through. I was chuffed to bits this time coz he was there right away. :D