How long is this game?

A forum to ask questions if you are stuck in the The Gate Rune Wars; or wish for more clarity on the gameplay systems.
Kwaky

How long is this game?

Post by Kwaky »

Well, so far I've only played Suikoden III, and I played a total of 93 hours. Is Suikoden I a lengthy game as well? I just want to get through it as quickly as possible (although I do want to get all 108 SoD and stuff) so that I can play Suikoden II. :wink:
Hxc Flavor

Post by Hxc Flavor »

Suikoden I is longer than Suikoden II (it can be beaten in 22 hours or even less if you really try and go fast). I haven't played Suikoden I all the way through but I know it is a bit longer, but not near as long as Suikoden III.
"I'd be happy to demonstrate its sharpness on your neck."
Kirke

Post by Kirke »

I'd beg to differ. Suikoden I is really short. It can and has been beaten in less than 10 hours. I average 15-20, whereas Suikoden II is more realistically a 30-40 hour game.

EDIT: By the way, Kwaky, no need to rush through it. Suikoden I is a great game in its own right (my personal fave).
Hxc Flavor

Post by Hxc Flavor »

Eh I guess I was wrong then. I've only played Suikoden I once and maybe thats why it took me so long. (Didn't even finish it.)

Sorry for the misinformation. As for Suikoden II, I'm pretty sure I've gotten a lot of important items and all 108 SoDs in less than 30 hours.. maybe around 25.
"I'd be happy to demonstrate its sharpness on your neck."
Kasumi

Post by Kasumi »

Suiko I is around 20 hours. I remember the first time I played it I spent 23h on it. I played it again and finished it in 18h.
Well, in the end I should have dated Tir before the end of the war...
Nash L.

Post by Nash L. »

Same for me. It's not as lenghty as Suikoden II, but if you want to make things at a slow pace, collecting itens, levelling, etc... it can take more or less 24hs. Took me 23 in my first time, later 19. ... And I'm going to beat it again as soon as I buy a new memory card. Lost all of mine. Damn move. :(
Siel Avadon

Post by Siel Avadon »

Well, A game is as long as you make it really :wink:
Jeane, The Marilyn Monroe of Suikoden.
Sun of a Studio

Post by Sun of a Studio »

It usually takes me around 30-40 hours to beat the first one only because I like to drag it out, otherwise where is the fun?
"If you can laugh at yourself everytime you fall down, people will think you're drunk"-Conan
Noke

Post by Noke »

Suikoden was the first ever RPG I played, and the first ever PS1 game I played (and only one I had at the time) and I made it up to 50 hours... I can easily drag out 40+ hours out of the both of them.

But, to answer your question: not long enough ;)
Soul Eater

Post by Soul Eater »

My first playthrough took something like 28, my quickest was about 19 as Ilike to take my time. Usually I play for 30-40 hours, but my most recent save was over 300 hours.
Siel Avadon

Post by Siel Avadon »

Well, Its short but it gives more then Suikoden 4.
Lemmy Claypool

Post by Lemmy Claypool »

Hxc Flavor wrote:Suikoden I is longer than Suikoden II (it can be beaten in 22 hours or even less if you really try and go fast). I haven't played Suikoden I all the way through but I know it is a bit longer, but not near as long as Suikoden III.
In my current game I'm just about to go into the final battle and my play time is roughly 11 hours, though I did skip a huge portion of text (up until you get to the Warriors' Village) because I was trying to catch up to that point. Meh, it's complicated and uninteresting, but long story short I couldn't get past that certain point without restarting my game.
Siel Avadon

Post by Siel Avadon »

IF you mean the freeze at necrolord castle, just wait a few minute's and it comes of.
Lemmy Claypool

Post by Lemmy Claypool »

Siel Avadon wrote:IF you mean the freeze at necrolord castle, just wait a few minute's and it comes of.
Nah, it wasn't that, it wasn't even up to that point, it was where you fight him at Warriors' Village and lose. I'll go into detail if anybody wants me to but it'll take some explaining.
Young Master

Post by Young Master »

Suikoden I can be much longer than Suikoden II. For example, you can wizz past Suikoden II doing Clives Quest.
Y...Young Master...always...follow you heart. That is my first...and last...request.
- Gremio