Sound Rune (recruiting Melody)+ Recruiting Leon

A forum to ask questions if you are stuck in the The Gate Rune Wars; or wish for more clarity on the gameplay systems.
Joel

Sound Rune (recruiting Melody)+ Recruiting Leon

Post by Joel »

How do I get the Sound Rune so I can recruit Melody? I thought it was a typo so I had with me a Sound SET and he still didn't come.

Also, I wernt and found Leon Silverberg and I spoke with him but I couldn't get Matheiu to write the letter to give to him. He just asks if I wanna change my party.
Angelis_Taleria
Elite Member

Post by Angelis_Taleria »

Melodye is a girl...

The site has a walkthrough for the game, not to mention a guide telling you how to recruit the SoDs. I think it would be pruudent to check these guides before making unnecessary threads like this one.
I hope everything is going delicious.
Joel

Post by Joel »

I did check the runes section. There was nothing for "Sound Rune". And the SoD listing said to talk to Leon, go back to the castle, talk to Mathiu, he'll give you a note, give the note to Leon, and he'll join you.
LadyChris

Post by LadyChris »

Leon has to TELL you to talk to Mathiu or something like that. It's when your castle has grown to it's largest capacity. If he just says that you should get people to join to make your army stronger, you need to wait until you have more people.

I'm not QUITE sure, but I believe that you get the sound rune from a chest in Kalekka. Just talk to Melodye with it in your inventory and you should get her.
highwind44029

Post by highwind44029 »

Wait, wait. Hold up! Ummm.... Melodye's a girl? :shock:
Kirke

Post by Kirke »

highwind44029 wrote:Wait, wait. Hold up! Ummm.... Melodye's a girl? :shock:
Melodye's just as much a woman as Kasios is a MAN.
True Wind Bearer

Post by True Wind Bearer »

Kirke wrote:
highwind44029 wrote:Wait, wait. Hold up! Ummm.... Melodye's a girl? :shock:
Melodye's just as much a woman as Kasios is a MAN.
Huh...fancy that...

Ladychris was right, it's (the Sound Rune) in a chest in Kalekka, and when you first visit Kirov, you should be able to recruit him...er, her. If not, just wait until Mose, Ronnie Bell, Kage, Kun To, Ledon and Kessler join you, that should make it easier.
Joel

Post by Joel »

What about the Window Rune? Where can I find that? I looked around in Qlon, like many Walkthroughs stated and I can't find it.
True Wind Bearer

The Window Rune is a tricky one to obtain.

Yes, it is located in Qlon cave, but you'll need to find an in-depth guide for it, perhaps you may find one at gameFAQS.
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

Melodye wouldn't be recruitable as soon as you enter Kirov since the Sound Rune is in Kalekka which only available after you've left Kirov.

If you've find Crowley in Qlon then you should be able to find the Window Rune in the same manner. The wall that leads to Crowley and the other wall that leads to the Window Rune are both flat (not jagged) and they're on the south side of the room.
True Wind Bearer

Jowy Atreides wrote:Melodye wouldn't be recruitable as soon as you enter Kirov since the Sound Rune is in Kalekka which only available after you've left Kirov.
Well, yea, that's sortof what I meant, didn't think in-depth like that!

:P
alma

Post by alma »

Angelis_Taleria wrote:Melodye is a girl...

The site has a walkthrough for the game, not to mention a guide telling you how to recruit the SoDs. I think it would be pruudent to check these guides before making unnecessary threads like this one.
can some one please tell me were it is? i've tried to find it but i can't.
Basel

Post by Basel »

alma wrote: can some one please tell me were it is? i've tried to find it but i can't.
Genso Suikoden Walkthrough
"The real issue is not TALENT as an independent element, but talent in relationship to WILL, DESIRE, AND PERSISTENCE. Talent without these things VANISHES and even modest talent with those characteristics GROWS..." -Milton Glaser
et3rnal

Re: Sound Rune (recruiting Melody)+ Recruiting Leon

Post by et3rnal »

Joel wrote:How do I get the Sound Rune so I can recruit Melody? I thought it was a typo so I had with me a Sound SET and he still didn't come.

Also, I wernt and found Leon Silverberg and I spoke with him but I couldn't get Matheiu to write the letter to give to him. He just asks if I wanna change my party.
If you've already gone past Shazarade im pretty sure you wont be able to get Leon either...but im not 100% on that one
Even at his most powerless mans existance is never without meaning...
Lemmy Claypool

Post by Lemmy Claypool »

No, you can't get Leon after Shasarazade.