Gremio to Pahn

A forum to ask questions if you are stuck in the The Gate Rune Wars; or wish for more clarity on the gameplay systems.
Giga_Futch

Gremio to Pahn

Post by Giga_Futch »

I'm not sure if this has happened to anyone or if it has been mentioned by another user on this site, but I have a problem. A glitch I guess. Well I decided to play through Suikoden again, maybe my fourth or fifth time. anywho, It was late and I was becoming mighty tired so on my way back from Sarady after delivering the blueprints for the fire spear to Kage, I saved at Ledon's Bar/Inn on Mt.Tigerwolf. The next day I loaded the data and made my way to the next screen and encountered a battle. since only being on my way back I just decided to instead of playing tactfully I just kept pressing the X button. Not until he attacked did I realize that Gremio was no longer in my party but instead Pahn was there. I was taken back by this since it never happened before. I knew that I couldn't proceed with the story without gremio and thus tried many techniques to restore Gremio's attendance in my party. Sadly they all failed. Going to lenankamp and discovering the innkeeper on the floor made the game freeze, as I expected. so now I'm asking for help. Does anyone know how to get gremio back?
Angelis_Taleria
Elite Member

Post by Angelis_Taleria »

are you playing the actual game or on an emulator?

Because I've never heard of anything like that happening in the game
I hope everything is going delicious.
Giga_Futch

Post by Giga_Futch »

it's the actual game...I don't know what an emulator is, but I do know that it is the actual game
patapi
Forum Moderator

Post by patapi »

I've heard of similar incidents of reappearing characters in the past, such as Ted/Odessa rejoining your party after they left, but never specifically this one.

As for that other glitch, the only way I know to deal with it is to restart from an earlier save. Most of these glitches are isolated incidents, so the possibility of repeats is quite low.

I'm not aware of a method to fix it after they have affected your game though.
KoyuRedd

Post by KoyuRedd »

Or else you switched off, or resetted the PS before the game fully saved, and replaced Gremio with Pahn.

It could happen, since Suikoden (I) saves everything as a jumbled mess...
[evil laugh here]
Giga_Futch

Post by Giga_Futch »

so, I have start over... ah thats okay, thanks guys
williate

Post by williate »

That happened to me as well and I had to start over.
Nemesis

Post by Nemesis »

omg that is so cool. I want to try that! how you do it??
Nick Bruiser
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

It would deffinetley rule to have odessa in your party after she dies :D

and you and ted could both have the soul eater :D
Giga_Futch

Post by Giga_Futch »

Nemesis wrote:omg that is so cool. I want to try that! how you do it??
it just happened, no specific reason...like someone said earlier, I must have turned the playstation off before the game had atually finished saving
Nemesis

Post by Nemesis »

I CAN GET TED BACK!! yay.. I wonder how you do that. I probably do the same thing you did. stay up late at night and so on. I can't wait! :D
Nick Bruiser
Crowley's_Apprentice
Banned User

Post by Crowley's_Apprentice »

Here's an idea for your dilemma: If you're going to start over anyways, load the tweaked game, save, and turn off your playstation somewhere in the middle of the save.
"Giggity Giggity Giggity!!!"--Glen Quagmire
"Victory is mine!"--Stewie Griffin
"Oh that's just nastee..."--Cleveland
"...evil monkey living in my closet..."--Chris Griffin
Toon Maha Vailo

Post by Toon Maha Vailo »

I've never had this happen to me. My copy of Suikoden 1 is generally hassle free. I would not mind playing with Ted though. It was a shame he died so early on.
Blue Thunder

Post by Blue Thunder »

This has happened before to others here. The only real choice is to start over, like you did.

When this glitch happens, if a plot character is replaced, then the story cannot continue and the game will freeze.
~Blue Thunder~
Nemesis

Post by Nemesis »

actually, i beat this game TOO MUCH! my favorite game thats why. But anyways, I been playin the part when I still had ted. Just walk around get money like he's my best buddy. But now I can just let him die and try this glitch. thx crowly uhhhh underling for giving me direction to do this thing
Nick Bruiser