Sigh..I ruined my game?

Ask any questions about the gameplay system within the Island Nation Wars here.
Branny

Sigh..I ruined my game?

Post by Branny »

Well..I got to the fog ship part..and I hadn't leveled up Lino at ALL (no guides said I'd have to take him on the god damned ship..=\) and I got the scene to get on the ship, but then realized I could only take 3 people and one of them had to be a gimp (Lino) so I got off the ship to train. Now, the one guide said "There'll be a white circle to find the ship again, if you happen to leave it in the first place"

Erm..I don't see any circle? :\

This really, really upsets me. My last save was when

Spoilers:

I defeated Snowe when he was with the Kooluk fleet.

Over 15 hours of gameplay and 35+ stars lost if I reset..please tell me I can still get Ted? :\

If not..screw you Konami for making this too technical..sigh..giving myself a migraine over this.
Though the light in my eyes has faded, I still see clearly.
Shirofan

Post by Shirofan »

The white circle of fog will be somewhere on the map, most likely nowhere near where you left the ship.

The most commonly reported area is that around Iluya (where it rains) so start your search there.
What is the difference between PAL and NTSC? Why do some games take ages to get a PAL conversion, or get none whatsoever?
Find the answers and more at http://www.palcorner.com or ask at the forums.
Irish Pesmerga

Post by Irish Pesmerga »

i heard it tends to be in the North West as well, far away from any inhabited islands
Leon: You forgot Rule #1 in 'the book.' Don't put yourself in danger.

Shu: I had to throw away 'the book.' You read it too many times...
Branny

Post by Branny »

Alright..I'll start trying this. Thanks. Also, the guide said I can't get Ted if I have Kevin and Pam, but no other guide says this..?

Lastly, where can I aquire a Champion Rune to stop the stupid encounters? So help me god if it's treasure hunting..I'll just use the Slash rune if so.

Thanks all.
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

Just in case you decide to hunt for treasure, I'll tell you how to get the Champion's Rune (unfortunately you can only get this rune via treasure hunting).

The map is acquired at Iluya, and the treasure is at the Mass Mountain Island.

The only specifics for the Fog Ship quest (which encompasses Ted) is that you recruit 70 SoDs. Kevin and Pam being/not being recruited has nothing to do with the Fog Ship quest.
Last edited by Jowy Atreides on Tue Jul 05, 2005 4:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Angelis_Taleria
Elite Member

Post by Angelis_Taleria »

This should teach you to never be afraid of the unknown. Plus, Lino would've leveled up rather quickly and all you would've had to do was put some decent armor on him.

Besides, since when has Suikoden ever been overly difficult? <.<
I hope everything is going delicious.
Garkness

Post by Garkness »

I was in the same position when i got on the ship myself, what i did is gear up lino with the best armors i had at the time did a few random battles with hero, Lino and my two other characters (it think i used jeane and harvey at the time). i did my best to keep lino alive for the first encounters (use guard) and even if his weapon was'nt upgraded i made it through. I used same tactic through the game in fights, deafeats opponents with mellee attack, keep low spells for more than 4 monsters and unleash fury on bosses.

usually my teams consisted of: hero + 2 spellcaster (vicky, jeane, maxine or warlock) and one medium caster/mellee (harvey did the job well for me)
Branny

Post by Branny »

Well, I gotta find Mountain Mass island to get the champ rune. I got map 16 and Rene, and I think 94 SoDs so far.

But every time I get up to where I think Mountain Mass island is, my boat magically turns around. I think it's cause I'm too close to Kooluk.

But really..it's kinda hard fighting with 3 on the fog ship. Everyone tells me to save my magic for the end, but if I don't use magic to whipe out the monsters, they just re-raise themselves and fight more >.<

I guess I'll go in with Lino-Mizuki-Hero x_x after I get the champ rune and actually find the ship again.

Btw, my Hero\Mizuki are level 62, this is adequate for the ship right? I got lino up to 54 now too, from fighting in the training with Reinhold.
RageRune

Post by RageRune »

Branny wrote:Well, I gotta find Mountain Mass island to get the champ rune. I got map 16 and Rene, and I think 94 SoDs so far.

But every time I get up to where I think Mountain Mass island is, my boat magically turns around. I think it's cause I'm too close to Kooluk.

But really..it's kinda hard fighting with 3 on the fog ship. Everyone tells me to save my magic for the end, but if I don't use magic to whipe out the monsters, they just re-raise themselves and fight more >.<

I guess I'll go in with Lino-Mizuki-Hero x_x after I get the champ rune and actually find the ship again.

Btw, my Hero\Mizuki are level 62, this is adequate for the ship right? I got lino up to 54 now too, from fighting in the training with Reinhold.
Here's a map from GameFAQS to show you where Mountain Mass Island is:http://db.gamefaqs.com/console/ps2/file ... _world.gif

Try to get more mushrooms/herbs from the Cultivation Room (I think's on the 4th or 5th floor) from Mao or Nao (I think that's their names). Use those to heal up magic points on your mage character if you bring one on the fog ship.

HEro and Mizuki at level 62 is a good level for the fog ship. I manged to beat it there on level 59-55-54 with my party (Hero,Lino,Jeane) so yeah I think those are good levels.

How my answers helped.
Branny

Post by Branny »

Ah it did help. But I can't find this map now..blah! ^_^

I'm on the island, on the path maze thing, since thats what the map looks like..yet I walked to every corner of it with Rene and not even a remote beep..I'm going to try to draw what the map looks like

Here's what the map looks like..I tried. Basically it's a path going up the middle of the map pic, and you can see a piece of a path at the top left\right of the map, and the X is in the middle of the path.

http://brandonatreyu.net/branny/treasuremap.PNG
Branny

Post by Branny »

Hate to double post, but I found map 16..just had to stop walking.

But where the bloody hell..the damn..fog ship..it's hiding -_- I uncovered the entire map and it's NO WHERE. No white circle, no nothing. Can someone please give me a hint as to where to hunt?
Arenegeth

Post by Arenegeth »

People have said that you should look near Illuya.
And don't double post you can easily use edit.
”I am ye who walks his own path and thus I walk alone”
~Arenegeth~
syun_ukiya

Post by syun_ukiya »

Over 15 hours of gameplay and 35+ stars lost if I reset..please tell me I can still get Ted? :\
i thought you need 70+ stars for ted's scene to happen..
Hugo

Post by Hugo »

I would never have been caught off guard like that since I always have my characters at a certain standard at any point of the game. As for the ghost ship I'm not sure why you got off anyhow, just equip Lino with any crappy armour you have in your inventory as his physical defence is decent, you probably don't even need him to attack and use him as support. As for the other character, I always go with Kika because of the unite attack, I had their weapons at level 12 the first time, but if you upgraded Hero4 and Kika's weapons to level 15 at this point then you will be able to take out all enemies on the screen with one Double Sword Attack before they know what's hit them without Lino needing to attack making for quick and easy battles that will level up an unused Lino.

Okay I felt bad for throwing it in your face like that so I went out and found your ship. It doesn't appear as a white spot on the world map at all. It will be on your on-screen compass, whichever size, if you are close enough. It looks more like a grey blob and it reminds me of the ghosts from mario world. It's bigger than your compass arrow so you probably wont miss it if you are in range.

Oh you wanted to know where it was, alright already. On the world map if you draw a line linking middleport and the deserted island, right in the middle of that line is the general area where I found it. Make sure someone has the champion's rune equipped, use R1 to boost your ship's speed. I anchored near the ghost ship and departed again and it was gone, I found it again half-way between Nay and Mountain Mass Island. Might be a pattern here. Use the bigger compass that covers your ship for a greater sight radius and good luck.
Last edited by Hugo on Tue Jul 05, 2005 6:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Sabrewulf

Post by Sabrewulf »

Branny wrote:Hate to double post, but I found map 16..just had to stop walking.

But where the bloody hell..the damn..fog ship..it's hiding -_- I uncovered the entire map and it's NO WHERE. No white circle, no nothing. Can someone please give me a hint as to where to hunt?
You can see the fog around the fog ship from a very long distance on the world map (i did it again today. the ship was close to mountain mass island and i could see it from deseted island.) Look at the sky around your ship, the sky is alot brighter where the fog ship is. Once you get close to it you'll see the big white dot on your compass.