The Tenkai Star

Ask questions about the events that take place during the Suikoden games themselves.
Moonbay

Post by Moonbay »

From what I understood, the true power of the Tenkai Star was to gather people together. And Thomas did that, by asking the others to help him. I think that's where things get weird for some people.
Wraith

Post by Wraith »

Yeah, Tenkai's have some weird power within them.Its just as Leknaat said in SVI:"The power that lies within you(she's talking about him being a tenkai)and the rune that consumes your life"

They have the power to bind people together or somthing.People see it in their eyes because the eyes are the mirror of the soul.
Angelis_Taleria
Elite Member

Post by Angelis_Taleria »

Thomas was a Tenkai, but he wasn't the hero. I choose to believe that Riou and Tir left their respective nations due to the fact of having their runes. Makes me wonder, had Hugo been a Tenkai, would he have stayed around to take Lucia's position. Anyway, my point is Thomas can't be totally compared with the other Tenkai Stars.
I hope everything is going delicious.
TheBoundlessDream

Post by TheBoundlessDream »

" suspect Hikusaak was a Tenkai when he overthrew Aronia, but that's just
my own personal speculation."

What makes you think Hikusaak is even a Tenkai? since he is the leader of Harmonia, that makes him bad, Harmonia is an evil country, is it not?
"Rulers change, borders change, countries change, but money is a constant. In fact, nothing better for business than a good war." -Shu

"The light in my eyes may have faded, but the light in my soul continues to shine" -Morgan
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

There's only two examples of Tenkais leaving their countries at the conclusion of the game, so nobody really knows that that is a characteristic of the Tenkais. What we do know is that the Tenkais have always been the owners of the strongholds. Hikusaak's role seems to match that of a Tenkai, so I think he might be a Tenkai. Harmonia's motives are completely unknown, so the classifications "good" or "evil" cannot be used on it as of yet.
Last edited by Jowy Atreides on Mon Aug 15, 2005 6:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Angelis_Taleria
Elite Member

Well i think one characteristic that we can safely say belongs to a Tenkai is the ability to bring people together.

You forget, it was Thomas that sent Chris, Geddoe, and Hugo on the hunt for SoDs.

It was him with the castle.

In the past Tenkais have been the ones to do this. Tir did it, Riou did it, Hero4 - our favorite mute - did it, as did Thomas. Too bad Thomas will die of old age, unlike the other Tenkai stars.
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

Unless Riou and Thomas encounter True Runes during their lifetime they would both die of old age. Riou's rune is not a True Rune, and thus it does not grant agelessness.
Oppenheimer
Global Admin

Post by Oppenheimer »

Jowy Atreides wrote:Riou's rune is not a True Rune, and thus it does not grant agelessness.
So officially he didn't join the black sword and the bright shield rune together to get the Rune of Beginning?

Leknaat has a true rune broken into two pieces, whereas Riou and Jowy have two runes that make up a true rune. So this difference means that although Leknaat has agelessness Riou and Jowy do not?

Do you have a source that states that the Bright Shield and Black Sword don't grant agelessness or are you just assuming they don't because they're not a true rune until they are joined?
Wraith

Post by Wraith »

Oppenheimer wrote:
Jowy Atreides wrote:Riou's rune is not a True Rune, and thus it does not grant agelessness.
So officially he didn't join the black sword and the bright shield rune together to get the Rune of Beginning?

Leknaat has a true rune broken into two pieces, whereas Riou and Jowy have two runes that make up a true rune. So this difference means that although Leknaat has agelessness Riou and Jowy do not?

Do you have a source that states that the Bright Shield and Black Sword don't grant agelessness or are you just assuming they don't because they're not a true rune until they are joined?
It is confirmed that eventough the BSR and the BSR are called True Runes thay do not grant agelessnes because they are not in their pure True Rune form.The Gate Rune half of Leknaat and Windy where split by force and so retained most of its powers (Leknaat can send mosnters away and Windy can bring them from the Empty World)including agelessness.its like the coffey thing SuikoSARS admin explained.
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

Leknaat and Windy have the same powers when it comes to their respective halves of the Gate Rune. Both of them can send away and summon monsters.

For a source on Bright Shield not giving agelessness--
http://suikox.com/faq/gamefaqs0403-0405.html

"How does a rune split anyway?

Is it possible that the two gate runes are two seperate true runes?

How it is explained by Konami is that the Black Sword and Bright Shield runes are not "halves" of the Beginning Rune, but instead components of the Beginning Rune. These two runes are completely dissimilar in property, and exist in that form ab originae. In their separate forms, they are not true runes.

The Gate Rune, on the other hand, was originally a whole rune. It was forcibly split by Windy and Leknaat using some secret method we have no clue about. The resulting halves of the Gate Rune have identical powers, and retain true rune properties but it's power is weaker than a full true rune. Regardless, it provides agelessness.

We can compare this with making coffee. To make coffee, you need ground coffee beans and hot water. Once you mix the two together, you get coffee. If take half of that coffee away--pour half of it into another cup, you just get two 1/2 cups of coffee. You don't get hot water and ground coffee.

That's the difference between the Gate Rune and the Rune of the Beginning. The Gate Rune is already finished coffee, so splitting it only creates two identical runes. The Rune of the Beginning is a combination of the Black Sword Rune (ground coffee) and Bright Shield Rune (hot water). Thus, if the Rune of the Beginning is ever split by a powerful sorcerer, you'd get halves of the Rune of the Beginning instead of the Black Sword and the Bright Shield rune."

Officially speaking, Riou still has the Bright Shield Rune and Jowy still owns
the Black Sword Rune.
Angelis_Taleria
Elite Member

Jowy Atreides wrote:Unless Riou and Thomas encounter True Runes during their lifetime they would both die of old age. Riou's rune is not a True Rune, and thus it does not grant agelessness.
I wanted to address that possibility earlier, but I had class, heh. Anyway, something i always wondered about was if Riou or Jowy died first would the rune then join with its other half or would it teleport back and await a new master?
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

Also from the "questions for SARSadmin" thing at Suikox.

"I've been wondering, if Jowy or Riou should die accidently or for whatever reason during their travels will the Rune of Beginning combine and make whoever survived the bearer or will the piece that lost it's bearer return to the shrine until the other dies?

That's an interesting question. Official info states that once Riou and Jowy die, the runes will return to the shrine--so I would assume one of the rune would have to wait."
TheBoundlessDream

Post by TheBoundlessDream »

isSarsAdmin accurate about everthing?
"Rulers change, borders change, countries change, but money is a constant. In fact, nothing better for business than a good war." -Shu

"The light in my eyes may have faded, but the light in my soul continues to shine" -Morgan
Angelis_Taleria
Elite Member

When I once sent Konami an email about Suikoden, they could not answer and then referred me to SARS, so I'm fairly certain he is. XD
Wraith

Post by Wraith »

LOL the weird thing is I knew about Suikoden before SARS :)
He sais he had Suikoden 2 since 1998 and I think i had Suikoden 1 since 1996 or so.