The original Reinbach? probably mentioned before....

Ask questions about the personality and backstory of the multitude of characters in the Suikoden series.
the_green_lamp

The original Reinbach? probably mentioned before....

Post by the_green_lamp »

Hey guys! I'm playing Suikoden 2 all over again, and I just got to Greenhill. When picking fake names, I named Flik Reinbach! Thats CRAZY!!! Well, to me at least, I just beat Suikoden 4 and its still fresh in my mind :D Just wondering if anyone else had caught that. I think its SWEET that they kept the name. I'm not sure if its referenced anywhere else and maybe i'm making a commotion about something rather common to the suikoden series, but its the first time i've seen it "cameo", and I got all excited :shock:
"In brightest day, In blackest night ,no evil shall escape my sight. Let those who worship evils might, beware my power green lanterns light!"
-Oath of Hal Jordan, Champion of Oa, GL
True Wind Bearer

Post by True Wind Bearer »

Well, when you're going through the Fortress of Kwaba in SI, Viktor names himself Reinback III or Reinbach II...I think...
Stallion

Post by Stallion »

In suikoden one Viktor calls himself Schtolteheim Reinbach II, you then get the option to be Schtolteheim Reinbach III.

Suikoden 2 is as you say, and there is a time in Suikoden 3 that you get to use this as a fake name as well.

Even in Suikoden 4, when you meet the real Schtolteheim Reinbach II you have the option to declare your name as Schtolteheim Reinbach III as well.

It was nice to see this legend of the series in the flesh finally ^^.
highwind44029

Post by highwind44029 »

IIRC, in Suikoden III, Hugo has the option to use the name Schtolteheim Reinbach III during the spat with Sasarai, where he poses as a fake Flame Champion, although I'm not sure.
kuroinekokun

Post by kuroinekokun »

Chris had the same option when Yun approaches her for the first time in Chisha.
Sid: He he he...
Riou: ??
Sid: Hoo Hoo Hoo HAHAHAHA!
highwind44029

Post by highwind44029 »

kuroinekokun wrote:Chris had the same option when Yun approaches her for the first time in Chisha.
Oh, I think that was the one. I'm not sure... my memory's a little hazy. I haven't played Suikoden III in a while because my disc doesn't work well. >.<
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

Chris is the only person in S3 who has the option of posing as SRIII.

Hugo just has a text option that says "I'm the Flame Champion," or something similar.
Reinbach_III

Post by Reinbach_III »

In the first Suikoden Viktor uses the name "Scholtenheim Reinbach III" to cross the border. McDohl has "Scholtenheim Reinbach IV" as one of his options.

In Suikoden 2 you can attempt to give Flik the name "Sturtheim Reinbach III" (the other 2 options were Bluto & Blue Thunder)

In Suikoden 4 when you meet Schtoltenheim Reinbach II, you can introduce yourself as "Schtoltenheim Reinbach III", though he knows who you really are.
"Me, sir? I'm just a poor jujube vendor, with hungry kids waiting at home..." Scholtenheim Reinbach III
the_green_lamp

Post by the_green_lamp »

Sweet! Yah, I had forgotten about the Viktor S1 one, but I remember now :D And yes, I think actually making the character was an awesome idea, so I have someone to think about when I hear the name. It makes it all the more hilarious when I think of Flick dressed in "Reinbach garb" (tights? come on... 8) ) Luckily Reinbacch wasn't toooo bad of a melee fighter if you worked on him in S4. Especially with Charlemagne.
"In brightest day, In blackest night ,no evil shall escape my sight. Let those who worship evils might, beware my power green lanterns light!"
-Oath of Hal Jordan, Champion of Oa, GL
Wonderer

Post by Wonderer »

Reinbach gets high skill and luck too! (Omigod)
And his red rose rune isnt that abd either after some time! I used him and Charlemagne in my last party, they kicked ass! (looks like Charlemagne has been kicked in the face too! :cry: )
Moonbay

Post by Moonbay »

Think Viktor would have used that name if he knew how fake the story was?

But, yes, Reinbach and Charlemagne were very good fighters. I used them in my "Elenor" party.
Akito_Tenkawa
Elite Member

I wonder...

Post by Akito_Tenkawa »

Would there be a Reinbach's in the future game(s)? I'd assume that there would be a IV of some sort. Anyway, I just want to say that Simone creeped me out. Sure, random but Simone did, and can anybody tell me if Simone was a guy or girl? I've heard mixed things and when I took Simone into the bath he/she was on the girl's side so... I dunno <_<;; Eh, anyway; I really hope they have similar if not further Reinbach's in the future games =P
Arenegeth

Re: I wonder...

Post by Arenegeth »

Akito_Tenkawa wrote:Would there be a Reinbach's in the future game(s)? I'd assume that there would be a IV of some sort. Anyway, I just want to say that Simone creeped me out. Sure, random but Simone did, and can anybody tell me if Simone was a guy or girl? I've heard mixed things and when I took Simone into the bath he/she was on the girl's side so... I dunno <_<;; Eh, anyway; I really hope they have similar if not further Reinbach's in the future games =P
We discussed about aristocrats being in the woman side before, they are there if you don't take any women with you, in the case of Milich in I, he even has a different annoyed expression when with the men.

The reason is because they don’t want to be with sweaty men.

I don't know if this applies to III and IV though and I'm in no mood to check right now (in the case of IV).
”I am ye who walks his own path and thus I walk alone”
~Arenegeth~
patapi
Forum Moderator

Post by patapi »

Simone doesn't have a definite gender officially, just like most of Suikoden aristocrat characters. (The cards simply list them as unknown.)
Oppenheimer
Global Admin

Post by Oppenheimer »

Well they always refer to the aristocrats as "him" in the game and endings and even in the characters section on this site. Is that not official enough? The cards are likely just trying to make a joke.