I want Ted and Odessa

A forum to ask questions if you are stuck in the The Gate Rune Wars; or wish for more clarity on the gameplay systems.
Jack of All Trades

I want Ted and Odessa

Post by Jack of All Trades »

Is it me or am I the only one, who wants to use the gameshark to expand the capabilities of suikoden. I don't use any real cheats but what I've been trying to figure out is a code to let you have Ted or Odessa in your party. Its pretty frustrating. I hexedited some of the codes at cmgsccc in an attempt to make my own to no avail. I'm the only one who would use Ted and Odessa am I?
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

Naw, you're not. I've used some codes like these (on a sub-sequent play-through, mind you; cheating on the first play-through ruins the game-play).

Ted and Odessa are pretty solid characters, especially Odessa. She's got some of the best stats in the game, if only she were available throughout the whole game.

Ted's pretty good, especially if you decide to gameshark the Soul Eater into his rune slot. The cheat is pretty unstable though, I'd recommend saving immediately and then loading that save. The Soul Eater passes through, even without the code turned on.

Some other things you could true for fun is gamesharking some other characters like Flik into your team multiple times. Gamesharking Gremio after he's been killed is fun too, if you like him at all.
Jack of All Trades

So there are codes. They aren't listed on the Cmgsccc website. What are they? That would probably be the most savage thing I could think up to hack in this game.
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

Hm, the coding for that site is really messed up. I just tried clicking the links at the end of some of the codes and it led me back to the main PS1 site, instead of telling me the digits to put in those spots.

My computer is dial-up, and I can't seem to get the link to the Gameshark site to open from GameFAQs; so I don't know about them. Knowing Gameshark, I'm sure they don't have the codes you're looking for.

Action Replay is shoot; and it shows in S1. There's under 20 codes for S1; that's a shame.

I wish I could help, but my computer's just too damn slow.
Jack of All Trades

do you still have the codes on your gameshark?
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

I use Codebreaker, actually. I didn't do that "X Key" thing to save my codes, so I don't know what they are.

If the Codebreaker site wasn't so messed up I bet I could find it for you.
Jack of All Trades

I was just at the codebreaker site. I didn't even see those cheats. I kind of thought you were getting them somewhere else. Also, even though the link for the modifiers is broken, if you scroll down to the bottom of the page you'll find a link to all the modifiers for all the suikoden codes.
108 Stars

Post by 108 Stars »

I too dont see those cheats. I really want Odessa. Can you show us your cheats Jowy?
Please Tell Me the Answer.....

Is Fate Unchangeable?
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

Like I said, the Codebreaker site has gone through some major changes since I used those codes. I don't save my codes, and they're nowhere on the site either.

Essentially, the codes are gone; unless someone else typed them down.
Goldmember

Post by Goldmember »

Just go to the Retro Gaming thread in cmgscc.com, there is a sticky thread for Suikoden there. Post your request, im sure someone can help.
IRISHANDPROUD

Manchester United Fan
Celtic Football Club Fan