Was Troy really that bad of a person?

Ask questions about the personality and backstory of the multitude of characters in the Suikoden series.
Dragon Knight Futch

Post by Dragon Knight Futch »

Its hard to say hes really a bad person, because before the seige's from kooluke, They werent really a bad (organization/country/w.e) and as Troy says, he was doing it for the better of the expantion of their (country) and had no idea of Crays intentions, Hes similar to Jowy, not really fighting on a bad side for their true intentions but his own, is what I think.
TheBoundlessDream

Post by TheBoundlessDream »

Well Troy and Jowy are totally different people, Jowy was branded a traitor to his country, then went back and joined their side and stood in the back to eventually take over.

How did Cray even become emperorer of Kooluk? is Kooluk even an island? did Troy have a rune by the way?
demon eye

Post by demon eye »

If I recall correctly, Cray is not the Emperor of Kooluk, at all. He owns his own Merchant Guild and was aiding the Kooluk Nation. And Kooluk is an island. And, we do not know if Troy has a rune. The battle you fight against him and Colton could reveal something, but he only attacked when my party.
The Black Knight

Post by The Black Knight »

And Kooluk is an island
Actually Kooluk is not an island.
What the Futch!!!!

Vagueness is my specialty.
TheBoundlessDream

Post by TheBoundlessDream »

Its a mainland? Then how did Cray have so much power in Kooluk?
demon eye

Post by demon eye »

So, Kooluk is its on mainland? Ah well. And Cray is so powerful due to the influence of his guild. He has gained influence due to the many trades he has made and the business partners he has gained..I guess. He was also associated with the SME as an advisor to Elenor, so he could have made friends. He just seemed to have amassed influence due to his services and knowledge. Cray seems to have been quite a resourceful man. But, one can't be certain as to how exactly he got so influential based on the information given to us in the game. This is only my speculation.
jeane is the coolest char

Post by jeane is the coolest char »

TheBoundlessDream wrote:How did Cray even become emperorer of Kooluk? is Kooluk even an island? did Troy have a rune by the way?
he casted a wind spell on me in that battle so i'm guessing he has some kind of wind rune
i have bad grammer >.<
Jeane is my hero
RageRune

Post by RageRune »

and Cray had a lot of time to manipulate the Emperor of Koolok...wait was it emperor or king..
I remember the scences with Cray.Troy.Colton, and the Govenor and I could've swore one of them said "king". But since they call themselves the Kooluk Empire, then it was proably amistranslation and their leader is an emperor.

Or Kooluk could be a neighboring mainland to the Scarlet Moon Empire,
I think that's right. After in the game it said Elenor was a tactian for the SME against Kooluk so that must mean Kooluk and the SME had a war on the mainland.
Vincent of Scarlet Moon

Post by Vincent of Scarlet Moon »

RageRune wrote:
I think that's right. After in the game it said Elenor was a tactian for the SME against Kooluk so that must mean Kooluk and the SME had a war on the mainland.
It's been confirmed several times throughout the game that the Kooluk Empire and the Scarlet Moon Empire has/had mutual land borders, they're both on Toran for certain.
Blue Sasarai

Post by Blue Sasarai »

he was loyal to the end, i dont think he desserved that fate. i mean other chars have done worse in the past and been okay ;_;
"i hate you more than anything in this world.
but at the same time, you're the only one i empathize with."

-luc to sasarai
xXSqualleoNXx

Post by xXSqualleoNXx »

It's war. Troy was too much loyal and had a bit of a pride to actually let himself be spared by the hero. He even says it himself when you try to persuade him to come with you. He just don't want any pity. I actually thought he was foolish for dying for an unknown cause. He was fooled and used.
Hmm...
Silver Dragon Flik

Post by Silver Dragon Flik »

Troy and Colton never did anything bad. Kooluk wasn't really evil (Helmut for an example) , I think the SME was worse (Because of Suikoden 1). Cray was the real villain, manipulating Kooluk.

Troy and Colton were as loyal like Seed and that other guy from Suikoden 2.
Sir Troy

Post by Sir Troy »

But maybe Troy isn't dead. Maybe he survived. The coast and Ea-Eal were not far from the place Troy's ship sinked. Maybe he swim to the coast or something?