Fire Rune Peices & Knight Statues

Ask any questions about the gameplay system within the Island Nation Wars here.
ShardStar

Fire Rune Peices & Knight Statues

Post by ShardStar »

I'm curious as to what monsters if any drop Fire Rune peices? I have collected a TON of the rest. Is it just me or does game over supply you with these Rune Peices? I remember getting VERY few peices, just a handful really in all the three previous games.

I was aslo wondering what monster drops the Knight Statue?

Any help is much appreciated. :)
Occam Arkitect

Post by Occam Arkitect »

I get lots of Fire rune pieces from that red manta ray enemy on the world map near the raining parts(Iluya,west of iluya,etc.)

As for Knight statues, I also need help.
kosento

Post by kosento »

You can also get Fire Rune Pieces from the Ancient Crab (Deserted Island Hill), Red Rodents (Obel, Mordo Island), and Queen Sprouts (Deserted Island). With Oskar in your support slot, you'll get a Fire Rune Piece almost every time you beat the Ancient Crab as well as a possible Giant Crab's Shell and 25,000 Potch (50,000 with a Prosperity Rune).

As for the Knight Statue, net-fish around the Pirate's Nest. You can get them with a 1% drop rate from Elite Troopers in the last place in the game, but since it's a point of no return, you might as well just net-fish.
thundersenshi

Post by thundersenshi »

is it advisable to concentrate on only one element per weapon, or should one want to max 3 or more elements in just one weapon?
Angelis_Taleria
Elite Member

Re: Fire Rune Peices & Knight Statues

Post by Angelis_Taleria »

ShardStar wrote: I remember getting VERY few peices, just a handful really in all the three previous games.
I don't ever recall there being ANY in Suikoden III.
I hope everything is going delicious.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

thundersenshi wrote:is it advisable to concentrate on only one element per weapon, or should one want to max 3 or more elements in just one weapon?
your wpn only uses one element. it seems to be based on the most of whatever element you have. if the highest numbers are equal, it is based on the one you most recently added to equal the highest.

also, before this game only Suikoden 1 had a "Rune Piece" system. i liked 2 the best because it was very simple and everything was adjustable. didn't like this weapon rune piece on this guy? remove it. i don't know what's up with going "backwards" to having less options. i think there's only one benefit to this, which is stacking rune pieces to make atks stronger.

but does anyone know how much of a difference the stacking does? 0 compared to 1 piece, 1 compared to 20.