anyway to speed up the ship?

Ask any questions about the gameplay system within the Island Nation Wars here.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

anyway to speed up the ship?

Post by KFCrispy »

if you modify your ship's Move stat with Ocean Rune Pieces will it speed up your normal map movement?

or is the ship gonna get faster when i recruit someone?
Angelis_Taleria
Elite Member

Post by Angelis_Taleria »

To be honest, I was wondering the same thing because it can literally take an hour to get somewhere on the world map.
I hope everything is going delicious.
Lechium

Post by Lechium »

Hold R1?
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

R1 is so slow on sea still... the map is too large for the speed.
Komataguri

Post by Komataguri »

You don't really do much sailing before your able to recruit Viki... So, just suck it up until then :D
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

ha well you still have to "discover" islands, fish stuff, and i dunno. but sailing to new locations is always a horribly boring and time-wasting experience.
adversary

Post by adversary »

haha i hope you know i didnt even know about R1 until i was well passed halfway throught eh game haha
Lino_En_Kuldes

Post by Lino_En_Kuldes »

yeah that sucked i didnt think to try R1 at first. it wouldnt be so bad if u didnt have so many random battles every inch u take
Tuna Hematoma

Post by Tuna Hematoma »

I didn't even know how to move my boat at first. All I did at the start was turn the boat and not movie, it made me sad.
Viper

Post by Viper »

my don't we miss the speedboat from suikoden 1 hahaha. anyway if you wana explore the whole map, keep till alter when u get the champion rune. that way u wun encounter sea battles.
thundersenshi

Post by thundersenshi »

adversary wrote:haha i hope you know i didnt even know about R1 until i was well passed halfway throught eh game haha
yeah. it was f*cking irritating not getting informed about that (or was it mentioned in-game and i just didn't notice it?); i only learned about it myself after discovering Nay and Na-Nal islands, while trying (in vain, since i discovered it was blocked) to reach illuya. :roll:
Lino_En_Kuldes

Post by Lino_En_Kuldes »

yeah that was strange, they usually have one of those directional screens pop up and say the controls. guess they forgot that
KoboldsRule

Fast-forward run

Post by KoboldsRule »

I was surprised to find out that R1 works on land as well, even though it makes your guy look funny when he runs, since it's just a speeded-up version of his normal jogging. Sure helped when I had to go up that loooong path to the elf tree, or go into the mermaid cave for the umpteenth time.
<tba>
Lino_En_Kuldes

Post by Lino_En_Kuldes »

kinda made him look like he had down syndrom
Hork

Hork

Post by Hork »

The "dash" is spead up significantly after you recruit Cedric (he doesn't need to be in your party either for some reason). This doesn't affect the boat speed though.