special scenes (including Antique combinations for Bath)

A forum to ask questions if you are stuck in the The Gate Rune Wars; or wish for more clarity on the gameplay systems.
fire_spear_warrior

special scenes (including Antique combinations for Bath)

Post by fire_spear_warrior »

does anybody know any special scenes for suikoden
i know the hex doll 1
Stallion

Post by Stallion »

I seem to remember the Peeing Boy does his business in Suiko 1 aswell. Only on the guys side though.
Asquian

ones i know of

Post by Asquian »

Bath scenes:
peeing boy in upper right hand corner
6 hex dolls
6 hex dolls and 2 graffiti
i think there are more....

hidden character scenes(and such)
early in game, before assignment to Rockland, go there and head up to the right, you should see a seen with the young boy and some soldiers.

Later in game, once you get access to Gregminster area again:
Take meg to her parent's house in Lenankamp
Take Krin and talk to the man in the northeast corner of the second story of the Lenankamp Inn
Take Clive to Rockland and examine the graves.

also, take flik to warrior's village to change one villager's text.
Sonya -cat

Great RPGs never die, they just get more expensive -Me
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

i can't find a list, but here's from memory:
6 persian lamps
6 vases + 2 flower paintings
6 celadon urns + 2 lovers gardens
6 octopus urns(?)
6 hex dolls
6 hex dolls +2 graffiti
6 blue dragon urns? could be in S2 only
maybe 6 wide urns + 2 flower paintings ....
peeing boy in upper right corner
possibly knight/goddess combination, but doubt it

i may have a list on my computer at home, but it's waiting for the motherboard to come back from repairs
Asquian

another non bath scene

Post by Asquian »

I remembered another extra scene.

When you encounter Vincent De Boule in Antei, makes sure you have less than 200 potch. if you don't have enough, the Inn's owner makes FLik, Humphrey, and Tir do dishes to pay of Vincent's tab.
Sonya -cat

KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

if you bring Flik to Warrior's Village and talk to a guy who's in the upper area of the screen, you don't get a scene but he says something to Flik. not that interesting but there wasn't too much background info on Flik during that time so it was kinda cool..
Asquian

Post by Asquian »

ok, i can safely say 6 blue dragon earns does nothing, we can take that one off the list. i'm working on the other items, but the fact you only get them through dropped items in battles, it takes a bit to accumulate 6 of any item, and 2 of most pictures(barring hex dolls, graffiti,and oddly enough blue dragon urns).
Sonya -cat

KC_MCDOHL

Post by KC_MCDOHL »

I spent hours getting all the ornaments to do these. Not all of them work, and don't waste your time with the persian lamp one.....its not worth it. The hex doll one is probably the best
ThirdEye

Post by ThirdEye »

I think there was another hidden scene when you bring Meg to a house in lenankamp. I dont remember it being any good though
kenobi

Post by kenobi »

most of the scenes are nothing much though..just that someone will say something about the person..nothing special to me..doesn't reveal much of the characters..
Fudgepuppy

Post by Fudgepuppy »

KFCrispy wrote:if you bring Flik to Warrior's Village and talk to a guy who's in the upper area of the screen, you don't get a scene but he says something to Flik. not that interesting but there wasn't too much background info on Flik during that time so it was kinda cool..
at that event what did the person said?
How do we ressurect Odessa?If you ask me better if Gremio dies..
Chris_Lightfellow

Post by Chris_Lightfellow »

He mentions something about Flik having been gone for 5 years.
And if I saw you dancing, I would spin you around, spin you around, turn your world upside down

Not sure about something? Check the board rules!
Pahn

Post by Pahn »

I dont know if it says this in this game or not,, I know it does in S2. but i think it's something to the effect that Flik never completed his quest for manhood in the warrior's Villiage, he ran off with Odessa instead, so in the warrior's Villiage Flik isn't considered a man. I think he's still considered a boy or youth or trainee or something like that
Fudgepuppy

Post by Fudgepuppy »

Wow that sure clears it! Thanks Pahn :o :D
How do we ressurect Odessa?If you ask me better if Gremio dies..
Blue Thunder

Post by Blue Thunder »

Yes, that is Suikoden 2.

And during the VERY beginning of the game before talking to Teo you can wander the castle and get different lines from Kasim and Kraze.

Then, after being brought to your house, do not go upstairs. Leave and go to Sonya's house where Teo will be, and they will exchange a few lines. You can also read her diary.

Also, if you're up for it, you can leave Gregminster before going upstairs and having Ted thrown into your party. If you save at the inn and fight outside and raise your level enough, you can try to cross Tigerwolf pass into Sarady (the snowy town) and talk to a man in a house there. He will reward you with a Propserity Rune.

Likewise, you can add Ted into your party and instead of going to your room, head to Sarady and get a Fortune Rune. But you cannot get both the Fortune and Prosperity Runes, only one from this hidden little side quest.

If you enter Milich's mansion in Gregminster you can examine his closets.

If you walk on Blackman's flowers before talking to him he won't join you (just exit and re-enter Kalleka to reset the plants).

You can get Lorelai to join you before you have a castle. If you're devoted enough you can reach level 26 in the Great Forest (by fighting in the one screen by Great Forest Village) and she'll join, but you still won't be able to use her until you have a castle, if I remember correctly.

If you kill Kwanda instead of recruit him, Windy will appear and talk to you for a bit.

The water at the Village of the Hidden Rune is drinkable and restores your mp. The bed at Qlon temple also heals you for free.

The little boy that Odessa died saving is in the Lenankamp sewers at the end of the game.

There are more, but I don't want to get out of hand.
~Blue Thunder~