Recruitment Issues

If you are stuck in the Dunan Unification Wars; or wish for more details on the gameplay systems, this is the place.
Gorudo

Recruitment Issues

Post by Gorudo »

I'm having issues recruiting Mondo, Sasuke, Vincent, Pesmerga, Genshu and Mazus.

I have 102 characters, Ridley didn't die, no other character has died, I picked Valeria over Kasumi, I picked Abizoah over Sigfried, and I'm right before the Liberation of Muse.

For Mondo and Sasuke, I need to re-try bringing Valeria with me, but with my luck that won't work either. Vincent and Pesmerga didn't appear, Genshu talks about meditating, Mazus does his usual two messages about it not being the right time, and the Ninjas kick me out. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
LadyChris

Post by LadyChris »

Is your castle level 4?
Kuromimi
Elite Member

Post by Kuromimi »

Doesn't seem like you've done anything wrong. Have Tessai increase Riou's weapon to level 15 and then speak with Genshu.
Gorudo

Post by Gorudo »

Bah, I didn't know it had to be Riou's weapon that was 15. Well, that fixed the entire thing, thanks.
Odessa Silverberg

Post by Odessa Silverberg »

Mazus does not join until you've recruited all the other 107 Stars. I am not sure about Vincent, but I think you need to have more characters to get him and Pesmerga to come out.
I don't know about Mondo and Sasuke (I've never tried choosing Valeria), but I remember someone telling me that they got them exactly the same way. So just go to their village, and make sure you have Valeria in your party.

You can also ask Richmond if you would like to be given more clues.
"Even if I close my eyes, the world will not disappear..."
- Mathiu Silverberg -
Porom
Banned User

Post by Porom »

Odessa is wrong, I recruited Pesmerga before I recruited Mazus. If you have the correct amount of stars, you need to leave your castle via the gate and re-enter it to trigger the castle level upgrade, as with the other upgrades.
Red Killey
Elite Member

Post by Red Killey »

It's still a bizarre issue though. Those characters could be recruited once you've got level 4 castle (101+ SoDs). Since he said that he has got 102 SoDs, then it shouldn't be a problem at all. Recruiting Genshu alone should not be the answer because Genshu also required us to have level 4 castle to recruit him. The only possible solution that I could think of is either it's a glitch or you don't have 102 SoDs.
The new chief of moderating team. If you notice any problems within the discussion forum, do inform me. Thank you.
Odessa Silverberg

Post by Odessa Silverberg »

Porom:
Odessa is wrong, I recruited Pesmerga before I recruited Mazus.
Isn't that what I said? Mazus is always the last one I recruit. I am not even sure whether he can be recruited with less than 107 Stars.

I don't know what exactly is needed in order to recruit Genshu; but I, too, used to think it's something to do with weapons. Are you sure it isn't?
"Even if I close my eyes, the world will not disappear..."
- Mathiu Silverberg -
Porom
Banned User

Post by Porom »

Genshu requires a level 15 weapon. So take Victor to Kuskus' blacksmith, recuit him, get all 3 hammers and give them to him and sharpen Riou's weapon to level 15. Then show it to him.

And sorry, Odessa, reverse those names. :P I was kind of rushed when I typed that.
Shirofan

Post by Shirofan »

I've found in my playthroughs that the castle sometimes sticks in a lower level form, regardless of the number of recruits, if you keep using the Blinking Mirror and Viki as your travel method.

Usually this is easily rectified by just leaving and re-entering the castle using the front entrance or the boat. From my experience the castle level is definitely the trigger; so you may want to verify it is at the level it should be.
Red Killey
Elite Member

Post by Red Killey »

Odessa Silverberg wrote:I am not even sure whether he can be recruited with less than 107 Stars.
Just want to clarify here that Mazus is recruitable once you've got level 4 castle (101+ SoDs). So he's not the last recruited SoD because there is no such character that required to be the last recruited.
The new chief of moderating team. If you notice any problems within the discussion forum, do inform me. Thank you.
St. Ajora

Post by St. Ajora »

You must not be on level 4. You're probably bordering on level 3 and 4. If you've gotten Valeria, you can only recruit Mondo and Sasuke on level 4; if you had picked Kasumi, you could have gotten them at level 3.

They're all there at level 4. I always seemed to recruit Genshu last.

Try Shirofan's method, because those are all level 4 characters, and you obviously haven't made the transition from level 3. Those characters are all easy to get.
The shrine: http://tartarus.rpgclassics.com/~valkyrie

The board: s6.invisionfree.com/coaa
Gorudo

Post by Gorudo »

That was the first thing I did. But as I stated above, it worked fine once I used the Hero's weapon to 15 to get Genshu, then everything fell into place. It didn't work with Viktor's weapon, but for some reason it did with the hero's.

Now that I've finished that file, in my new file I've been having issues getting Tir again. I get to Banner village after killing Luca, and when I go up to where Gremio is, he's not actually blocking the path, as he has in the past, but rather I just can't see him. He says all the text things, and when Kou runs away, he says the thing he says when he goes to rescue him. But then the game freezes, and I'm unable to move, while the music is still working. I could've loaded the Suikoden I data incorrectly, but I dunno. Is this glitch common, or what?
Kuromimi
Elite Member

Post by Kuromimi »

That happened to me a couple of times in a row.
I believe exiting Banner Village (to the world map, not Banner Pass) and then entering again will fix that. Teleporting to Banner Village might be the cause of that glitch, but luckily it can be removed.
Gorudo

Post by Gorudo »

I've tried entering, then exiting Banner, and I've tried sailing to Banner from Radat. Neither have worked. I'm about to test walking to Radat, then sailing to Banner.

EDIT: Walking all the way to Radat, then exiting and entering, seems to have worked. Thanks.