Recruitment Issues

If you are stuck in the Dunan Unification Wars; or wish for more details on the gameplay systems, this is the place.
confused redhead

Post by confused redhead »

One more thing: You can't get all 108 stars if you recruit Rulodia.
They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
-Ben Franklin
Joel

Post by Joel »

Umm, I'm still having trouble recruiting Sasuke and Mondo. I got 100 Stars and they keep forcing me out of the village. I'm alrady at the point where I can go into Rockaxe and do te big misson there close to the end of the game, and I want to recruit all of the stars before I continue. Am I already at a point where I can't recruit them?
Joel

Post by Joel »

Also, I have Riou's weapon level on 15 with a level 4 castle and Genshu still won't join me. I even got onmy boat and sailed there myself.
Sierra

Post by Sierra »

I thought you had to recruit them before going to Muse. I don't know.
Credit goes to "lucreborn" for my previous avatar.
"Judgement of Lorelai" for my current one!
Thanks both =)
Red Killey
Elite Member

Post by Red Killey »

Okay, the most possible mistake that you made is the level 4 castle. Are Genshu and the ninjas the only 3 that you cannot recruit? If you cannot recruit the likes of Mazus and Pesmerga either, then you don't have level 4 castle yet.

Level 4 castle is shown by having 4 different types of baths, not 4 storeys of castle. If you indeed have 4 types of baths, I have no idea what's wrong with your game.
The new chief of moderating team. If you notice any problems within the discussion forum, do inform me. Thank you.
Joel

Post by Joel »

So far, the only one that I know I can get is Samone and Vincent, I can't get Pesmergian, Gneshu, or the Ninjas. And yes I have a level 4 castle, just before I went to Rockaxe I got people who reuire a level 4 castle to join me.
Red Killey
Elite Member

Post by Red Killey »

So you can't get Genshu, Pesmerga, Sasuke, and Mondo. Only those 4? I mean, please be specific to give us the correct situation so that we could know the real situation you're facing.

If those 4 are the only ones you cannot recruit, your game is glitched. There would be no other answer.
The new chief of moderating team. If you notice any problems within the discussion forum, do inform me. Thank you.
Joel

Post by Joel »

That's pretty much the situation, Sasuke and Mondo won't join me, niether will Genshu, and Pesmergia won't show up at the cave of the wind. I know I can get Simone and Vincent once a rose borach is avaialbe at the Banner Village store.
Chaos_Zero

Post by Chaos_Zero »

Perhaps you need Viktor with you (with a level 15 SDS) to get Genshu? I thought Genshu had a thing for the Star Dragon Sword, as did the blacksmith (forgot, haven't played the game in quite a bit).
The Miraculous Epidemic, Cruel Salvation, and Merciful Genocide.
Red Killey
Elite Member

Post by Red Killey »

Nah, Viktor has nothing to do with recruiting Genshu.
I know I can get Simone and Vincent once a rose borach is avaialbe at the Banner Village store.
Okay now you're making me confused. Have you or have you not recruited Simone and Vincent? The way you posted made it sound as if you haven't recruited them. And if my calculation is right, if you haven't recruited Simone, you wouldn't be able to recruit any level 4 castle required characters because you cannot have level 4 castle by then if you chose Valeria.

If I'm not mistaken, characters that needed level 4 castle (if you chose Valeria) are: Vincent, Pesmerga, Mazus, Genshu, Hoi, Mondo, and Sasuke. That's 7 SoDs, so if you haven't got Simone either, you have 100 SoDs (108-8 = 100), which is level 3 castle. Level 4 castle is achieved once you have 101+ SoDs.

And to make things easier, answer me with a number (and you need to check the Stone Tablet and count), how many Stars of Destiny are you missing?
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

Red Killey wrote:Nah, Viktor has nothing to do with recruiting Genshu.
I know I can get Simone and Vincent once a rose borach is avaialbe at the Banner Village store.
Okay now you're making me confused. Have you or have you not recruited Simone and Vincent? The way you posted made it sound as if you haven't recruited them. And if my calculation is right, if you haven't recruited Simone, you wouldn't be able to recruit any level 4 castle required characters because you cannot have level 4 castle by then if you chose Valeria.

If I'm not mistaken, characters that needed level 4 castle (if you chose Valeria) are: Vincent, Pesmerga, Mazus, Genshu, Hoi, Mondo, and Sasuke. That's 7 SoDs, so if you haven't got Simone either, you have 100 SoDs (108-8 = 100), which is level 3 castle. Level 4 castle is achieved once you have 101+ SoDs.

And to make things easier, answer me with a number (and you need to check the Stone Tablet and count), how many Stars of Destiny are you missing?
Hoi requires a level 3 castle. The others are right though.

As for what the problem is, I have absolutely no idea.
Last edited by Jowy Atreides on Fri Jun 01, 2007 4:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Joel

Post by Joel »

Red Killey wrote:Nah, Viktor has nothing to do with recruiting Genshu.

Ok *turns on his PS2*

My Stone Tablet says I have 100 exact SoDs, don't you need at least 100 to get Sasuke, Mondo, and Genshu?
Dura Sinai

Post by Dura Sinai »

You need to have at least 101. Who exactly are you missing because someone should be recruitable at that point.
Joel

Post by Joel »

Simone, Vincent, and that one guy who appears in the Tinto mines after you defeat Neclord.
Joel

Post by Joel »

I just got Gerog, so that makes 101, does this mean I can get some others now?

Also, at the point where [spoiler]Kiba Dies[/spoiler] do I lose a star?

Hmm, I'm doing something right because I just got Mondo and Sasuke, maybe now Genshu will join up.

EDIT AGAIN: I'm currently at the point where I can enter Rockaxe castle and burn down the flag. If I get all of the stars at this point is it even possible for me to [spoiler]save Nanami?[/spoiler]