Hate the final battle......

A forum to ask questions if you are stuck in the The Gate Rune Wars; or wish for more clarity on the gameplay systems.
Lechium

Post by Lechium »

My setup was:

front:
McDohl(SE) -- Victor(Clone) -- Flick(Thunder)
back:
Camille (Mother Earth)-- Luc (Cyclone) -- Cleo (Flowing)

Luc's Chining wind is the key here, as it hits all three heads for pretty good damage (~700) while fully healing the entire party. McDohl, Flick and Camelle do tei best magic non stop, Victor does Clone and heals whne is unbalanced. Luc does Shredding non-stop, and Shining Wind when party needs Life.
I was saving Cleos's Flowing for teh time whan Luc will run out of shining winds, but that never happened as boss died in about 6 turns.

P.S. Camelle is an amazing charcter. Great fighter/mage who can attack from a back row. Essentially she's McDohl with all stats lowerd by a tiny bit.
Pyro

Post by Pyro »

your best bet each time is to use judgement and the next most powerful spells on the left head cause i think thats the one that revives.and with one gone they cant do that 3 head attack
Eagles May Soar But Weasels Don't Get Sucked Into Jet Engines.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

because of all the immunities the 3 heads have, i've found the most useful was Earth/M.Earth for its earthquake spells. it also has a very fast animation so it doesn't waste time!
Judgement of Lorelai

Post by Judgement of Lorelai »

Flik - Flowing
Pahn -
Viktor - Double-beat / Holy
Tir - Soul-Eater
Cleo - Thunder
Kai - Hazy / Holy (I forgot what I put here or if it's already occupied)

The best party for me, I always use this line up

Subtitution would be valeria
I don't hang around with weaklings...
Oppenheimer
Global Admin

Post by Oppenheimer »

This isn't really on topic of a party to select, but it is about the final battle. Does anyone else find it strange that Barbarosa has an in battle graphic and yet it isn't used for more than a second before he turns into the golden hydra? I think it would have made more sense to have to fight him for a while in human form and then have him turn into the hydra, otherwise why didn't they just have his transformation occur on the regular screen and then have the hydra only in battle. Most other games do this. I'm not saying it's bad to go to the extra effort to create special effects and graphics just for the transformation, but it seems unusual to go to the trouble.
HellFire

Post by HellFire »

Actually, whenever I play suikodens for the second time, I try to use different characters. Im really sick of Flik and Viktor in battle so I have made a personal note to myslef to never use them again. I will probably end up with Tir, Pesmerga, Valeria, Cleo, Kasumi and some other useless character to equip the Holy rune to.
Nemesis

Post by Nemesis »

I don't know about you guys but I think Flik and Viktor is pretty good. My team on the final battle or always was Tir, Viktor, Flik, Luc, Gremio, and that Lepant guy. Lepant got the water rune I think. He heals people, and the rest just attack. Luc, I use shredder and storm to attack the 3 headed dragon. It's pretty strong. Tir, I just use Judgement, and black shadow. Then I just attack the dragon while he do a pretty high dmg.
Nick Bruiser
Nemesis

Post by Nemesis »

o yea... make sure you kill the head on the left side of the screen because it can heal the other heads that you had destroyed.. so I recommend you kill the dragons heads from left to right
Nick Bruiser