About loading Suikoden1 game on Suikoden2

A forum to ask questions if you are stuck in the The Gate Rune Wars; or wish for more clarity on the gameplay systems.
Daeris

About loading Suikoden1 game on Suikoden2

Post by Daeris »

Hi guys
I have recently finished Suikoden1 and I have some questions refering to the load of Suikoden1 game on Suikoden2.
A friend of mine said me that the runes and stats are transfered to Suikoden2...is it true? or a game with 108 stars in Suikoden1 is only used to unlock a secret on Suikoden2 that allow you to recruit both Tir and Gremio?
Fliktor

Post by Fliktor »

You can transfer the Windspun Armor if it is equipped to a character below; but you can't remove it from that person.

The only stats you carry foward are for characters who re-appear.

[spoiler]Flik, Viktor, Futch, Humphrey (Windspun), Pesmerga, Lorelai, Clive, Tai-Ho, Viki, Luc, Tir and Kasumi (or) Valeria. You can't recruit Gremio, and to a point you can't recruit Tir. You can select him to be in your party, but once you remove him, or he is forcibly removed for plot purposes, you will have to return to Gregminster to get him back in your party.[/spoiler]

I don't remember any runes that get transfered, but I'm possibly wrong, if they do, they are nothing special.

You do transfer the name of your castle and army, which you can read about in an Old Book. The name you gave your hero in Suikoden I will transfer, but depending on if you have PAL (which will transfer the name pefectly) of NTSC which will transfer the first letter of his given name, and put it on the front of "cDohl". If you named him "George", he would then be called "GcDohl".

Also you gain access to one item that normally you could not get hold of. But it is irelevant to the plot.

[spoiler]Gremio gives you a secret recipe for Hai Yo's cooking contest. Oh and you can recruit Tir no matter what, you don't need the load Suikoden I data for that to happen.[/spoiler]
Whats your opinion on censorship? ... **** censorship!
[King Fliktor] [Axiose, my Dæmon]
Wakaba

Post by Wakaba »

Oh and you can recruit Tir no matter what, you don't need the load Suikoden I data for that to happen.
Can you explain how, i mean i only can get Tir if i load the suikoden data to the suikoden 2 data. :?:
highwind44029

Post by highwind44029 »

Wakaba wrote:
Oh and you can recruit Tir no matter what, you don't need the load Suikoden I data for that to happen.
Can you explain how, i mean i only can get Tir if i load the suikoden data to the suikoden 2 data. :?:
Actually, you can't recruit Tir if you don't load the Suikoden I data. If you could, then I shouldn't have went through all that trouble of buying a GS1 copy.
Occam Arkitect

Post by Occam Arkitect »

highwind44029 wrote: Actually, you can't recruit Tir if you don't load the Suikoden I data. If you could, then I shouldn't have went through all that trouble of buying a GS1 copy.

GS1? Gensosuikoden, the jap. version? Where did you get one?
Fliktor

Post by Fliktor »

You can get access to Tir without loading the data. He's always in the game as an optional person. The only difference between loading the Suikoden I data is who the person is that "prevents" you from seeing Tir in Banner village.
Wakaba

Post by Wakaba »

I don't think it's Elie because she doesn't do anything. than who is it?
Oh and when can you recruit him. :?:
Shirofan

Post by Shirofan »

Actually he isn't in the game if you do not load data; unless you have a confused copy that reads the trigger as being there.

The difference in who blocks you from seeing him depends on whether you loaded data with the 108 stars bonus or not; but if you do not load data then the sidequest should not be available.

The inclusion of this section was meant to be a bonus to existing fans of the series, who would appreciate using McDohl again; than for someone who didn't know who he was and wonders why there is an extra combat character, who has to be repeatedly fetched from Gregminster, that didn't appear on the tablet.
Wakaba

Post by Wakaba »

I know that you can't get McDohl unless you load the data but since Fliktor said you could get access to him i asked him how.
Fliktor

Post by Fliktor »

Are you sure it wasn't altered in the PAL release of the game? Not that it'd make sense to change the side-quest between the NTSC and PAL, but originally I hadn't loaded my Suikoden I save and I got access to Tir.

*goes to try theory*
Shirofan

Post by Shirofan »

It has never worked before on my copy, so I doubt Konami of Europe introduced it across the board.

My guess is that your copy bypassed the trigger conditions for some reason and implemented the sidequest anyway.

It isn't as though even the PAL copy is that glitch free.
Ultimakilley

Post by Ultimakilley »

Just to bring this back more on topic, has anyone out there got a definitive list of everything you can do in Suikoden 1 to affect Suikoden 2 when you load the data?
(I'm keen to know so I can get a 'perfect' file in Suikoden 2.)
Buff

Post by Buff »

put a master grab on tir and put a windsprun armor on humphrey. that's all i know.
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

master garb and silver hat will transfer if there equiped on tir and the windspun armor will transfer if its equiped to humphrey
Ultimakilley

Post by Ultimakilley »

Cheers for the help.
Though can anyone give any in-sight into how leveling characters in Suiko 1 affect Suiko 2?