Suikoden IV Reboot-Demake

A forum for all general Suikoden related topics.
ENDmyinitials

Re: Suikoden IV Reboot-Demake

Post by ENDmyinitials »

That's a good idea, I will do some for both version!
BrucePrintscreen

Post by BrucePrintscreen »

Use the tall ones, because the small ones look like they are for an overworld map sequence.

Do you plan to add more stuff, little sidequests or something? There's plenty to fill in this game.
ENDmyinitials

Post by ENDmyinitials »

Yes, I will add as much things as possible. Suikoden 2 is my reference, and games like final fantasy. I will need help with ideas, planning, and writing. I think warlock should be given an opportunity to have the spotlight. Also since ted is in the game I was thinking about Windy, and Yuber?
sticky-runes

Post by sticky-runes »

No need to add Windy and Yuber, Ted remains very secretive about his past during S4, so it's better to keep his "mystery" for S1.

I think the sections where we get support from the other islands need to be expanded on, beyond just having a chat with each leader.

For Middleport, instead of just killing the monster and making friends with Reinbach III, I think there should be some sort of intrigue going on at the Reinbach manor - maybe we find out that Millay has been taken prisoner there to be forced into marriage, and Reinbach III finds out and confronts his dad about it and helps us to clear the whole situation up.

The Na Nal betrayal incident could be drawn out a bit, maybe it could play out a bit like the Two River sequence of S2.

For Nay, I think we should join up with Bartholomew and fend off some Kooluk ships lurking nearby. Maybe there's a mission that requires us to travel to ruined Illuya and destroy the enemy camp over there.
ENDmyinitials

Post by ENDmyinitials »

Those are some great ideas, this would give characters more depth. I will write some of these ideas down.
ENDmyinitials

Post by ENDmyinitials »

I'm pretty excited how these came out. I updated Lazlo, and Snowe, and I made Chiepoo and Dario. I like the way Dario came out. I still haven't made any movement, but I will be doing it for Lazlo.

how to screen capture
Antimatzist

Post by Antimatzist »

Before you think of adding a lot of sidequests etc you should first build the plot as it was :P But I understand, thinking about this is pretty exciting.

I really like these! Chiepoo looks weird, but then again, he's a humanoid cat so that's natural. Dario looks very good.
highwind44029

Post by highwind44029 »

Alright, I've volunteered to help out with the gameplay mechanics, and I'm curious whether people want to bring the skill system from S3 or S5. S5 would be a lot simpler though it limits characters to two skills. S3 is a bit more comprehensive and you can actually put some personality to characters with their affinities. However, it would be a little tricky because of the multiple swings (although the rest of the skills are either just stat modifications or RNG-based). I've thought of an idea to make it work (using a quotient system), but it's only a matter of how tedious it will be to handle animations for multiple attacks. Honestly I kinda wanted this mechanic in play because I thought characters doing multi-hits in Suikoden Tactics was pretty cool. Also magicians cast time based on their affinity instead of their SPD stat was something I kinda appreciated, and it would actually make Jeane a lot better as a playable character.

I'd also like to modify the damage of unite attacks since they were really underpowered in this game (using other games as a basis for balancing), but that should be fairly easy. Maybe I'll add some more unite attacks as well.
ENDmyinitials

Post by ENDmyinitials »

Highwind, if you are planning on helping, I recommend downloading rpg maker vx ace, and study victor's scripts. I kinda already know how to use them, but a helping hand, and more knowledge on how to use it would be great. He has the essential scripts to make cooperation attacks. When I start I will gather all the scripts we need, and then I will upload it so we can all look at it. So one of the most important things if anyone wants to help out is learn how to use rpg maker and the required scripts. If you guys want I can start collecting scripts so you can know which ones we will use. I just need some of you guys to study and learn how they work, I promise it's straightforward, but does require reading, and thinking. I will do my best with the spriting.
ENDmyinitials

Post by ENDmyinitials »

Look guys, this is the power of the scripts: suikoden battle system- http://youtu.be/rrV_pLA_UaM
And this one shows unite attacks- http://youtu.be/L6tMIMr-Uf8

This shows the possibility of making a suikoden game. I know the guy who did this, I will try and ask him questions on the scripts he used.

New Chiepoo?
Raww Le Klueze
Global Admin

Post by Raww Le Klueze »

ENDmyinitials wrote:Also since ted is in the game I was thinking about Windy, and Yuber?
Ted hasn't encountered Windy since the destruction of his village when they meet in Gregminster, if you're trying to stay close to canon there's no way they can interact.
Doctorum Non Urina Singulus.
ENDmyinitials

Post by ENDmyinitials »

first movement
Wolkendrache
Forum Moderator

Post by Wolkendrache »

Raww Le Klueze wrote:
ENDmyinitials wrote:Also since ted is in the game I was thinking about Windy, and Yuber?
Ted hasn't encountered Windy since the destruction of his village when they meet in Gregminster, if you're trying to stay close to canon there's no way they can interact.
Most Suikoden fangames have failed primarily because of bad story-telling, canon-raping, and non-Suikostyle conversations; only secondarily because of graphic and gameplay flaws. Please don’t make your project fail by making the same mistake. On the one hand you’re safe if you just remake the S4 content, but on the other hand S4 could really need some extension or improvements. (I’d stick to sticky-runes, who knows S4 by heart, has great ideas, and a good flair of how to integrate them without breaking canon.) Anyway, take care when adding something new. I hope everything works out well!
"Within the four seas, all men are brothers" Shuihu Zhuan
sticky-runes

Post by sticky-runes »

Chepoo's eyes are a bit too straight... Maybe look at how Bright's eyes were shaped in Suikoden 2, for that cutesy effect?
ENDmyinitials

Post by ENDmyinitials »

For that one i went with the style of kobold and cats seen in suikoden z but I did want the angle design. I'll give that one a try. Sticky if you want you can be the writer for suikoden z and in charge of adding the new content.