Curse

A forum for all general Suikoden related topics.
Punkaiser

Curse

Post by Punkaiser »

This series is cursed, everytime i tried to stop replaying these suikoden games and move on , then the new game i pick bores me really quick (Recently tried shadow heart, smt personna, FF but no use...) even mmorpgs nowadays are coming with less and less customisation, i love builds!!! Is there any other games which allow us to customize as much as suikoden?
mackevin06

Re: Curse

Post by mackevin06 »

You could try Sacred 2. There's alot of customization on that game as far as builds go. Also, the Disgaea series is pretty good. Not a whole lot of customization to do in those, but there is a little it. Check out some gameplay videos on Youtube or something to see if it catches your interest
Punkaiser

Post by Punkaiser »

thanks, i will try sacred 2.
Piisuke

Post by Piisuke »

Disgaea is a good call, Shin Megami Tensei: Lucifer's call is another game with plenty of variety.

Edit: Shadow Hearts Covenant is a brilliant game, btw. I highly recommend it.
Punkaiser

Post by Punkaiser »

I've finished shadow hearts 1 and 3, good games but not much to do there.

Maybe i made my prejudge too quickly toward disgaea, i remmember the first time i tried this game, it had some very childish interface/event ...which caused me to ragequit.

I was fan of shin megami tensei series so i've completed some of those games including majin tensei, persona2, digital devil saga 1, devil survivor, half way of smt nocturne, Personally i'm dissapointed of persona 3+4, most combat customisation get wiped away then they put a dating system into it. Yea, im looking for games which allow me to build as in persona2 or digital devil saga.
Excelsior.Geois

Post by Excelsior.Geois »

have you tried devil summoner, it is also a SMT franchise :D
Punkaiser

Post by Punkaiser »

ah, i thought it was an action rpg so I didnt buy the game, do you recommend it? is it available for tailor made set up so we could build character the way we want?
RPG Seeker

Post by RPG Seeker »

Infinite Space for the DS

You can customise your flagship with over 150 ship models AND recruit over 150 crew members.
Algus

Post by Algus »

Chrono Cross is an oldie but goodie with a huge cast. You might even like the story if you've never played Chrono Trigger.

Disgaea Games (and really any Nippon Ichi game) are good if you like customization and spending time tinkering with characters, though not so good if that light-hearted kiddie anime stuff isn't your thing. Personally I think Disgaea 1 is lol. If you've a PSP you might try Final Fantasy Tactics and Tactics Ogre, both are a little more mature fare along the same lines as Disgaea. They're both PS1 titles originally, though PS1 TO is pricey. FFT is on the PSN Store though.

If you wanna go really old school, Dragon Warrior 3/Quest 3 has a pretty solid party-building system. A bit simple though since it is a NES game but you can reclass later on for some fun combos like a warrior with mage spells, etc. The newer Dragon Quest 9 on DS also has full party customization and all kinds of sidequests to do. And if that old stuff strikes your fancy, you might try your hand at the original Final Fantasy. Its party building mechanic actually gives it some pretty solid replay value.

So you're not an action RPG fan? I've spent a lot of time tinkering with WRPG fare like Elder Scrolls, Fable, etc. due to customization. Demon's Souls is good in that regard too. Different from what we're talking about of course, since they're single player. X-Men Legends/Marvel: Ultimate Alliance if you like the super hero thing, especially the first Legends game since it is actually hard and you have to build a balanced party.

If you've got a PC that was made any time in the last ten years, you can probably run the old Baldur's Gate/Icewind Dale games (assuming you like Dungeons & Dragons type stuff). The best one for customization is Icewind Dale 2...lots of race/class choices and a good system for doing all kinds of crazy builds. Plus you get a six character party. The others use older D&D rules that are less conducive towards making crazy stuff like mages in full armor with swords and such. Still fun though. Those games play like real-time strategy though you can fiddle with the options to make them play completely turn-based.
Punkaiser

Post by Punkaiser »

I've played most of games you listed except disgaea and yea, not being an anime fan although i do read mangas , nor fan of western style rpg like baldur's gate. I guess classic Jrpgs suit me really well, i still like chrono series until now. As online games. i'm recalling Ragnarok online , i could tolerate its anime style since the original game build is so interesting(it has become boring with new and newer implements) or especially RYL1 (risk your life) my favorite mmorpg with great character customization and dynamic battle system.
gildedtalon

Post by gildedtalon »

you could try The Last Remnant, Grandia, Dragon Quest, Xenosaga, Romance of the Three Kingdoms, Arc The Lad series.
Mind explaining why you don't like action RPGs?

Action RPG is so much more fun to me :mrgreen:
My GameFAQs account now is SheenavsKilley
I already closed gildedtalon, my old account