"New" Suikoden Trademark

A place to post news and also give your ideas about the future of the Suikoden series.
Please justify all speculations with reasons why you think such an event could happen.
LanceHeart

Re: "New" Suikoden Trademark

Post by LanceHeart »

Sad part is, I'm sure the owners of that dead "Genso" trademark will contest the Genso Suikoden trademark. That's a definite 6 months extra wait to find out if Konami will even be able to use the name over here.
Formerly known as: Gothann
LanceHeart

Post by LanceHeart »

Hate to bump this, but it really needs to be known: the Genso Suikoden trademark has officially gone into "allowed" territory as of today. Konami now has six months to release something that utilizes the trademark in order to have it completely confirmed with the office.
Antimatzist

Post by Antimatzist »

I was always looking at the trademark if something new happens.

So IF it really is a new game, it could really be revealed at TGS and come out even before Christmas. Would be sweet.
Scotts

Post by Scotts »

Fairly sure they could get away with releasing something simple just to confirm it. I'd say expect a Best of Art Book or something.
iambiginjapan

Post by iambiginjapan »

Yesterday on Konami's Facebook page and official forum I posted something similar about the trademark being in "allowed" territory now. I linked it to the "?" section at Konami's booth at E3 but then said that if it's true, we'll likely hear something about Suikoden VI during the TGS. I also brought up Yoshitaka Murayama's infamous blog post earlier this year.

My Facebook comment was deleted and I am now banned from posting on the Konami forum.

I've never seen anyone banned for this type of thing. Let's hope we're all right and I got banned for leaking the correct information!

Edit: Just found out that it's standard policy to not allow outside talk of trademarks on their official sites. I guess that makes sense.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

even if you violated some kind of rule, it's really immature for the company to ban a fan. this reminds me of the Nestle facebook fiasco..
Vextor
Global Admin

Post by Vextor »

Well, Konami has always treated their fans like criminals anyhow, so not very surprising.
Raww Le Klueze
Global Admin

Post by Raww Le Klueze »

Why do I find it easy to believe that the guy that's made 1 single post and hasn't been back since is being less than truthful? Konami banned someone for mentioning their trademark, which is in no way secret information, yet weren't even bothered enough to delete the post of the genius that linked to the very copyright-infringing Suikogaiden english demo, much less ban the poster?

It stretches belief. If they were that anal about it these two events shouldn't be able to exist simultanously.
Doctorum Non Urina Singulus.
Themadcow

Post by Themadcow »

Well, not long to go to TGS 2010 now - just under a month until it starts.

Considering the complete lack of Suikoden noise coming out of the games industry I'd say it's kinda unlikely we'll see anything.
Raww Le Klueze
Global Admin

Post by Raww Le Klueze »

They're not likely to make any surprise announcement of it at TGS, it's not big enough to have any effect. If we haven't seen an announcement before TGS, or even by the end of August, the chances of it appearing sink like a stone. Any such announcement is likely to appear in Famitsu or Dengeki.
Antimatzist

Post by Antimatzist »

Yeah, I guess if we don't get any sign of a new Suikoden bei the beginning of septembre, there will be none on the near future. But hey, Konami always suprised us (in a bad way) in the past, so I guess everything is possible (but surely not probable)
Vextor
Global Admin

Post by Vextor »

I was following Fumi Ishikawa's twitter account, and apparently Murayama visited Konami this June for whatever reason.
Raww Le Klueze
Global Admin

Post by Raww Le Klueze »

Fumi Ishikawa still works there? What does she do, OL? Don't think I've seen her do anything game related since Oz.
Vextor
Global Admin

Post by Vextor »

It's truly a strange mystery that boggles my mind. Konami's human resource management practicies seems to be pretty strange. They have a very popular graphic designer within their company, but they don't let her do any official artwork at all, save a few extra work, such as one of the characters for Tierkries (the musician guy). However, based on her twitter posts it does seem like she's drawing a lot in the past month or so.
LanceHeart

Post by LanceHeart »

It's also a question of having off time for other projects as well. Ubisoft Montreal staffers usually end up on several weeks leave after a game releases, mostly due to the massive crunch times involved in getting any game ready for gold.

As for Murayama being in Konami offices, I wouldn't think much of it. Unless he's an unheard friend of Matsuno's, I don't think there are any other high profile people who could have been his inspiration for wanting to go back to see an old employer for work.