The knights born from darkness.

Ask questions about the personality and backstory of the multitude of characters in the Suikoden series.
Blitzkrieg

The knights born from darkness.

Post by Blitzkrieg »

In Suikoden 2, Richmond secretly watches Pesmerga...he notices that he never eats and doesn't make any sounds when he walks. Now...whenever Yuber walked in Suikoden 3, did he make footstep sounds? I can't remember.
"We are forgotten in times of peace. It's only
when war looms that people remember we exist."
-The Great Leon Silverburg
Pyro

Post by Pyro »

i recal it noise in the kuput forest but i cant say for sure
Eagles May Soar But Weasels Don't Get Sucked Into Jet Engines.
Mymiridion

Post by Mymiridion »

I think it only means Pesmerga, who knows why, but it says he is the one who doesnt make noises and nothing bout Yuber being silent.
Chaos would suite me just fine ~Yuber
Blitzkrieg

Post by Blitzkrieg »

Pesmerga and Yuber seemed to be one in the same, so it should apply to both is what I'm saying.
"We are forgotten in times of peace. It's only
when war looms that people remember we exist."
-The Great Leon Silverburg
Ced The Lad

Post by Ced The Lad »

It doesn't because he makes footsteps. Go see for yourself in Luc's first event at the Great Hollow.

Edit: That doesn't change the fact that he's stealthy, though.
http://www.suikox.com: Where the Tinto Republic continues to guide the masses through the sea of history.
Maldonado

Post by Maldonado »

Well, this is an interesting question indeed. Hey, I have another theory! It's silly but anyway...Appearently Yuber makes noise when he walks. But not Pesmerga, right? Well, that could mean one of them might be a ghost or something like that. Pesmerga never eats, never sleeps, never talks...
Yuber ran away from the battle few times to save his life. Which means he IS alive, so he must eat, sleep, make noise when he walks, run away if his life is in danger...Pesmerga appearently never did any of those. Maybe Yuber is actually a living, breathing human and Pesmerga his "demon", "ghost", "avenging angel" that is always after him. maybe Yuber is human, but Pesmerga isn't...creepy! I wouldn't want to be Yuber right now!
Sir Maldon, the mighty knight of Greenland, bringer of fear and destruction, destroyer of wine barrels, pride of Imperial Heavily Armored Knights Special Elite Destroyer Unit, evil monsters' WORST nightmare!!!!!!!!
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

Wow, this is the first half-decent theory about Pesmerga and Yuber.
It's a lot better than those guys that say "Pesmerga and Yuber are brothers / from the same warrior clan / two halves of the same thing / and Yuber is somehow "Death." Yuber's name may mean death but that doesn't mean bull shoot. My name is an apostle from the Bible, Andrew, and I don't even believe in God! The only thing that makes Yuber seem like Death is the fact that he likes killing people. If he was "Death," he wouldn't be some killable guy who just runs away all the time. He really doesn't seem like someone who controls much of anything, especially the inevitable factor of death.
Last edited by Jowy Atreides on Sun Sep 11, 2005 8:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fliktor

Post by Fliktor »

Actually, Yuber's name doesn't mean death at all.

Pesmerga's name means "He who chases death" in Kurdish...but like you said, what's in a name.
Whats your opinion on censorship? ... **** censorship!
[King Fliktor] [Axiose, my Dæmon]
redmaster

Post by redmaster »

the first time i played s3, when i saw yuber in it, i was delighted as that i might get pesmerga late in the game. being one of my favs, i had to hide my disappointment when i found out he was non-existant in s3. what happened to him anyway?

spoiler : well yuber got a true rune thats for sure so how bout pesmerga? how long has he been chasing yuber n why? did pesmerga lose to yuber in s2? hmm definitely sad to know one of the strongest knights in s2 vanished just like that.
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

Like I've said in the past, almost every single question that pops up about Yuber / Pesmerga can't be answered.

There's plenty of theories as to why Pesmerga wasn't in S3, the most likely being that the staff just didn't want him in the game.

Pesmerga fought Yuber in S1, not S2, but the battle was indecisive anyways. Pesmerga gave chase and Yuber simply ran away.

Pesmerga might have a True Rune and it would be fitting for him to have one but there's nothing official concerning Pesmerga and him having / not having a True Rune.
Maldonado

Post by Maldonado »

I agree, a LOT of questions about Yuber and Pesmerga are still left unanswered. Simply because staff didn't want to bother with answering them. I still can't believe they haven't mentioned a thing about Pesmerga in S3 since Yuber is there. What happened to one of the most famous characters in Suikoden saga?

And what is it with all those knights in black armors that we all so love? Why do we think they're so cool? Is it because of the armor, or horned helmets? I guess it's just that we love armors...as a child, I was always fascinated by knights. 8)
Sir Maldon, the mighty knight of Greenland, bringer of fear and destruction, destroyer of wine barrels, pride of Imperial Heavily Armored Knights Special Elite Destroyer Unit, evil monsters' WORST nightmare!!!!!!!!
Fliktor

Post by Fliktor »

I agree, a LOT of questions about Yuber and Pesmerga are still left unanswered. Simply because staff didn't want to bother with answering them. I still can't believe they haven't mentioned a thing about Pesmerga in S3 since Yuber is there. What happened to one of the most famous characters in Suikoden saga?
Well it keeps everyone interested and talking about it. I don't think they "forgot" about Pesmerga or didn't want to bother talking about Pesmerga. They just simlpy havn't, but I imagine soon we'll find out what is going on.
Whats your opinion on censorship? ... **** censorship!
[King Fliktor] [Axiose, my Dæmon]
Maldonado

Post by Maldonado »

Well, I hope so. Perhaps in Suikoden 4 some things will finally be cleared up. I mean, they have to, since so many fans are constantly arguing about what they really are. The only thing I can't understand is why, oh why did Yuber had to wear that silly hat and black suit in Suikoden 3. What happened to his cool armor? :roll:
Vextor
Global Admin

Post by Vextor »

The "cool" armor proved to be too difficult to render in polygons with the staff back then.
Occam Arkitect

Post by Occam Arkitect »

Ah...so that's the reason why he had to wear a more simple costume in S3. How does that explain storywise? Nothing?