Vote for Suikoden

A forum for all general Suikoden related topics.
Runemaster

Vote for Suikoden

Post by Runemaster »

Suikoden is a nominee on the Best.Game.Ever. of the GameFAQs poll for today on par with FF VII, Mario Kart and Star Fox.

I don't know how much votes this sort of "advertisement" would do but we're against big time games and we're currently on the bottom rank.

Please Vote!

Suikoden fans.
I will bring Lordlake's fate... to the entire Suikoden World! weeeeeeh!
Belcoot4

Re: Vote for Suikoden

Post by Belcoot4 »

Yes! everyone vote! we need more publicity!
"Even the dead reveal their secrets to me." Yuber

"I have not lived long enough to become a myth." Chris Lightfellow

"They betrayed us and fled. Cowards." Zegai
Oppenheimer
Global Admin

Post by Oppenheimer »

Against FFVII? Well that's the most unfair bracket ever. Oh well.
Runemaster

Post by Runemaster »

Oppenheimer wrote:Against FFVII? Well that's the most unfair bracket ever. Oh well.
Precisely. We are against an overrated game. We have a nearly impossible, or impossible, chance of winning but...
Antimatzist

Post by Antimatzist »

Wow let's see.. one Suikoden games in total.. and... 9 FF games in total. I think they should have restricted it a bit.. at leats only one game of a series per period. I mean in the category "1998-2000" there are 3 of 16 games from the final fantasy series. Actually, they just put every FF in there which was released in the US.

And where is Frog?
Icegryphon
Banned User

Post by Icegryphon »

This is a stupid vote. First of all, Suikoden 1 is hardly the best Suikoden in the series. And second, there are way too many fanbois who have wet dreams regularly to the thought of FFVII (not nearly the best final fantasy in the series).
"You got whacked because you're weak." - Magus
Nemesis

Post by Nemesis »

ff7 overrated!
Nick Bruiser
Belcoot4

Post by Belcoot4 »

The whole world knows that FFVII is a great game. I'm sure there were people who voted for it that never even played it but lets be real how great was it? what was the replay value on it? Some of the battles like fighting the Ruby weapon make you not want to play it again. I really don't participate in any other forums other then this Suikoden one so to me even if FFVII was my favorite game I'd still vote for the Suikoden series because it still needs major publicity. So do you think if a million people vote for VII that they're going to make a sequal, another movie, or what, what more do they need? I mean FFXIII will be out soon enough lets let Suikoden breathe a little bit. I have no idea what the polls effect will be, probaly nil, but if there was something to happen because we (suikoden) won the most votes wouldn't be great that the fans finnaly are answered because the FF fans thoughts, wishes, and prayers all have been answered whens it Suikodens turn?
"Even the dead reveal their secrets to me." Yuber

"I have not lived long enough to become a myth." Chris Lightfellow

"They betrayed us and fled. Cowards." Zegai
Runemaster

Post by Runemaster »

Voting closed.

As expected, we lost.

*sigh*FF7 and MarioKart64 made it. Well then...
Icegryphon
Banned User

Post by Icegryphon »

Truth be told, it should. I mean Suikoden 1? If it was going up against Final Fantasy 1, sure. Suikoden 1 is a good game, but the best part of it is that it spawned the rest of the Suikodens.
"You got whacked because you're weak." - Magus
patapi
Forum Moderator

Post by patapi »

While it said "Best", the poll should be read as "Most Popular"; which Suikoden will ever come close to winning, given the lavish amount of promotional efforts put forward by Konami outside Japan.

Plus, given the demography of GameFAQs users, it'd be even more skewed in the other direction.
blah1017

Post by blah1017 »

This shouldn't surprise or upset anyone. I'd be completely shocked if there was ever a GameFAQs poll that didn't end with FF7 or Legend of Zelda winning in some form.
Runemaster

Post by Runemaster »

Yeah we shouldn't be surprised and upset but I am upset. I don't know, I expected it but still... will Final Fantasy and Zelda forever rule in everything of everything?

I know it's stupid.. and selfish if you want. I wish there were polls that exclude these 2 games and automatically award them special titles or whatever.

*sigh* wishful thinking.... :lol:
Iesous

Post by Iesous »

1995-1997
Donkey Kong Country 2
GoldenEye 007
Resident Evil 2
Super Mario RPG

Final Fantasy VII
Mario Kart 64
Star Fox 64
Suikoden

Castlevania: Symphony
Kirby Super Star
Resident Evil
Super Mario 64

Chrono Trigger
Earthbound
Lufia II
SMW2: Yoshi's Island
I know that this is long over, but I just wanted to point something out. Suikoden was in the bracket with FF7, which of course it would never win. But would it ever win in any of the other three brackets from those three years. It wouldn't have beaten Goldeneye or Super Mario RPG, or Castlevania or SM 64, or Chrono Trigger for sure (I don't know anything about Yoshi's Island). I'd say we should be fairly pleased that Suikoden was considered one of the 16 best games from that three year period. There are a lot of games that could have been considered ahead of Suikoden.

Edit: And give the voters credit. World of Warcraft didn't make it out of the second round, and Final Fantasy XII didn't make it out of the first round.
R_C_Cola2001

Post by R_C_Cola2001 »

Given that list, I would have to say that Suikoden tops the charts.

Suikoden>Lufia>Chrono Trigger>Mario rpg> The rest>ff7.

Though I'm probably biased, because I blame ff7 for the downfall of the final fantasy series.