Ranch Racing and the like...

If you are stuck in the Flame Champion War; or wish for more details on gameplay issues, ask your questions in this forum.
Role

Ranch Racing and the like...

Post by Role »

Okay, snooping around on the site, I found out about the prizes and what not from mini-games such as ranch racing...

Which... I know I don't have all of them (specifically, I know for sure I'm lacking the Pale Moon Armor), and yet now, no matter what time I get, it's either Mega Medicine A for anything 53 seconds and above, and anything less than 53 is netting me... Deer Antlers...

I've gotten the Belt of Strength, Recipe #8, Prosperity Hat, Hex Doll S, and the PaleMoon Necklace, and have been working on all three difficulty levels to see if that was the problem.

But it's not. I either run into something and screw up, get a Mega Medicine A, or get deer antlers... Does there need to be storyline requirements that need to be met or something? I'm at Thomas Chapter 1, if that helps...
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Re: Ranch Racing and the like...

Post by KFCrispy »

i'm pretty sure the prizes are tied to difficulty..
Role

Post by Role »

That's what I figured too, but it's treating it as though I've gotten all the prizes. Is there a storyline requirement, like do you have to be so far in the game before some of these prizes show up?
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

Role wrote:That's what I figured too, but it's treating it as though I've gotten all the prizes. Is there a storyline requirement, like do you have to be so far in the game before some of these prizes show up?
not that i know of, i usually start collecting the Pale Moon Leather and Lightning Magic Ring from this game as soon as possible.
Role

Post by Role »

How weird. I'll keep trying then. Who knows, maybe I'll get lucky and not get petty medicine and antlers...
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

if you didn't know, if you beat it TOO quickly, you'll always get a generic prize. there is some small window of time that gives you a unique prize.
Role

Post by Role »

Yes, but that window seems to keep shrinking. So far, it seems smaller than a half second window at the moment...
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

That's really odd... I've never seen it change unless I switch leaders... the times might be a little different based on the leader's ride.
Roshambeaux

Post by Roshambeaux »

I only got a deer antler despite completing the "lots of obstacles" in 50.83 seconds. I'm still trying to get a pale moon necklace, any tips or advice on beating it at exactly 51 seconds?
A raw tomato for the win!
Punkaiser

Post by Punkaiser »

This may not be helpful to your direct concern but if it's the pale moon necklace you need, why don't you use soft reset trick to buy it from Lebuque rarefind?
eldrasidar

Post by eldrasidar »

I believe he may mean the pale moon leather, which can be alternatively gotten from the mt. senai ghost knight treasure boss anytime in Chapter 5, although I believe it is a one time only drop. If you wanted a second set of Pale Moon Leather, or wanted one earlier than Chapter 5, you'd have to get it from racing. It is definitely one of the more obnoxious pieces of equipment to get though.
Roshambeaux

Post by Roshambeaux »

I finally got the Pale Moon Leather by posting 50.89 seconds!
A raw tomato for the win!
Punkaiser

Post by Punkaiser »

eldrasidar wrote: I believe it is a one time only drop.
It's true I never bothered to get the second one but by the game logic I don't think pale moon leather is an one time drop, since other one time drops will appear right at the first time we fight the bosses(with the odd of 100%) then never appear again.
As I had to mess this boss over and over until PM leather appeared in the chest, that convinces me the armor is a farmable item, just a very rare one.
eldrasidar

Post by eldrasidar »

ah...could be that. I've honestly barely even used it. It's amusing to try once if you wanna try doing a solo run or something, but it's got a mediocre armor value and it's ability is really only super beneficial to a handful of characters like Hugo or Emily, so most of the time I don't even worry about getting it.
Punkaiser

Post by Punkaiser »

yes, the set is awesome for a solo game, so is violence rune which is usually a lame thing in a normal playthrough.