Is this seat taken, little girl? (gender confusion)

Ask questions about the personality and backstory of the multitude of characters in the Suikoden series.
Chris_Lightfellow

Re: Is this seat taken, little girl? (gender confusion)

Post by Chris_Lightfellow »

Rikimaru wrote:I always thought Quincy looks female for sure
As did I. They didn't really reveal his gender through conversation either and there's no in-game full portrait for us to see. Made it very difficult. He looked like an ugly woman who was angry or something.
And if I saw you dancing, I would spin you around, spin you around, turn your world upside down

Not sure about something? Check the board rules!
Blutiger Engel

Post by Blutiger Engel »

EternalOnslaught wrote:Not exactly gender confusion but Rahal looked kind of cute(in a non-homosexual way) when he posed as a woman in Suikoden V. If he was like that throughout the entire game, I would had confused him more than likely.
He looked better than his sister, that's for sure. I think he and his sister should switch genders. I loved his quote after he cross-dressed too, about using beauty if you have it. Ugh, I need to replay that game sometime soon.
endlessperspective

Post by endlessperspective »

The only one I ever mistook was Shula from Suikoden V...
When Lucretia told me to go meet "him" I literally stopped and went,"Wait, who am I going to see? I thought I was going to see Shula.." After several minutes of contemplation I decided to go meet Shula and forget this mysterious "him" and then I learnt that Shula was a him and later on sent his icture to friends and asked them if that was a girl or a guy.

They all said girl.
Belcoot4

Post by Belcoot4 »

I'm not sure what quote let me know Rico from S3 was a girl but I just finnaly found that out. I would have never guessed Rico was a girl especialy the way Fred treated her/him.
"Even the dead reveal their secrets to me." Yuber

"I have not lived long enough to become a myth." Chris Lightfellow

"They betrayed us and fled. Cowards." Zegai
Blutiger Engel

Post by Blutiger Engel »

Ah, forgot about Rico! The name doesn't help, either, as I've heard Rico as a male name before. Her build is pretty boyish too.
Belcoot4

Post by Belcoot4 »

Blutigengel wrote:Ah, forgot about Rico! The name doesn't help, either, as I've heard Rico as a male name before. Her build is pretty boyish too.
Yeah I dont know if you played Xenogears on PS1 but they had a guy who looked like Blanka from Street Fighter whos name was Rico and he was a male. I still don't remember the quote where it says Rico from S3 is a she or a her but I definitly realized when I went to Caleria in Chris Chapter3 that Rico was one of my only party members who could equip Leather Pumps. I haven't seen one male character thats able to equip those. Then again as many times as I played through the game I haven't changed my main party members too often. I probaly use the same 20 or so characters everytime in various combinations.
"Even the dead reveal their secrets to me." Yuber

"I have not lived long enough to become a myth." Chris Lightfellow

"They betrayed us and fled. Cowards." Zegai
Blutiger Engel

Post by Blutiger Engel »

Yes, I have played Xenogears. Big difference between those two Ricos :) That certainly could have confused anyone about her gender who has played both games.
Bernadette Egan

Post by Bernadette Egan »

In the first Suikoden, I thought Quincy was a girl. And i couldn't tell what Luc was for some reason. And Kasios. I thought Kasumi was a little boy at first.
In Suikoden II, I never had a problem, really. I was a little confused with Zamza at first. And even Hanna. But I think that's it.
Suikoden V, I thought Shula was a girl for the longest time, until I noticed someone refer to him as a 'he'. And I thought Maha was a man.
Blutiger Engel

Post by Blutiger Engel »

Apparently Rubi is a man. I never knew this until a few days ago. The long hair and the name threw me way off.
Antimatzist

Post by Antimatzist »

Blutigengel wrote:Apparently Rubi is a man. I never knew this until a few days ago. The long hair and the name threw me way off.
Well, his attitude gave it away imo...

Ok, who wants every man to wear a moustache in the games? Lepant is a prime example of a man, imo :P :lol:
Blutiger Engel

Post by Blutiger Engel »

I just figured he was one of those tough women. I never thought for a second that he was a man at any point in the game.

Not every male character would look good with a mustache, though it would sure help out with the gender confusion of adults :)
Freak

Post by Freak »

Bernadette Egan wrote:Suikoden V, I thought Shula was a girl for the longest time, until I noticed someone refer to him as a 'he'. And I thought Maha was a man.
I thought the same thing at first and I was absolutely sure that they had accidentally switched the dialogue lines around. :shock:

I also thought until the end of Suikoden IV that Adrienne was a guy.
Antimatzist

Post by Antimatzist »

Freak wrote:
Bernadette Egan wrote:Suikoden V, I thought Shula was a girl for the longest time, until I noticed someone refer to him as a 'he'. And I thought Maha was a man.
I thought the same thing at first and I was absolutely sure that they had accidentally switched the dialogue lines around. :shock:

I also thought until the end of Suikoden IV that Adrienne was a guy.
Oh yes, Adrienne! I wasn't so sure, either, at least until Tactics when she has some dialogue lines. Adrienne could also have been a faulty romanization of adrien, so you're never sure.
GrayMercury

Post by GrayMercury »

KASIOS IS A FEMALE!!!!!!!!

I'm playing through my old save on suikoden one, and i believe in old book 6 it says, verbatum:

"Kasios - Ballader. Deeply in love with Milich, to whom she sings."

I think it's old book 6....the one with the profiles of some characters in it.
"Master, Violence is Wrong." - - Dongo (SV)
Blutiger Engel

Post by Blutiger Engel »

Heh, funny Gray, because on Senso this one member says that it says Kasios is male in some publication, and he keeps correcting everyone. I guess we'll never know :(

I love your avatar, by the way :D