Konami's aim with the Suikoden series

A place to post news and also give your ideas about the future of the Suikoden series.
Please justify all speculations with reasons why you think such an event could happen.
Falqueene

Post by Falqueene »

You're very right, EternalOnslaught. Perhaps Harmonia is trying to collect the runes to counter this, or find a way around it rather than leaving the runes to themselves to decide the fate of the world. Kind of like what Luc was trying to do ((only maybe without the whole "blow up half the northern continent aspect")), to counter the ashen future that the True Wind Rune saw/predicted.
The lions sing and the hills take flight / The moon by day and the sun by night.
Blind woman, deaf man, jackdaw fool / Let the Lord of Chaos rule.
WaterMoon

Post by WaterMoon »

EternalOnslaught wrote:So the popular theory here is that Harmonia is trying to capture all 27 true runes to, perhaps "reset the world"? And re-create the sword and shield? One question, what would Hikusaak or the Harmonian aristocrats/high priests gain from such a thing? It would pretty much mean everyones demise, even Hikusaak if he/she hasn't already kicked the bucket.
Who knows what Harmonia is thinking, honestly. And Hikusaak is male. Remember, Luc and Sasarai are identical clones of him.
"C'mon, Jeane! The ugly stick had its way with you! Admiiiiiiiiiit it!"
---------------------------------------------------------------
"What do you think,Your Highness? Does kidnapping your little sister sound like fun?"
EternalOnslaught

Post by EternalOnslaught »

If anything, they are gathering the runes for a need. A need that will only satisfy them, which will lead to an all out war eventually, once that need is discovered. Power? More than likely, though there are different types of power out there

Though, this really isn't a comparsion. But in Final Fantasy VI, when Kefka actually attain the three statues ontop of the floating continent and pretty much shaped the world how he wanted it. And if any village or kingdom objected to his rule he would blast them with his beam of light. He wanted to achieve omnipotent status, but at the end good always seems to surpass evil.

This may be what Holy Kingdom of Harmonian wants, not exactly the same bear in mind, this is only little to no comparision at all. Just the motive that's all.
Sandalphon - Senso Suikoden
Oddllama

Post by Oddllama »

Where does Sindar fall into play with this final idea? They've been toying with Sindar through the whole series.
Hachifusa

Re: Konami's aim with the Suikoden series

Post by Hachifusa »

Falenan_descent:
My honest opinion is that Konami is pointing towards Windy returning using her Gate rune to summon beasts from the Pale Gate to do her bidding. My only real proof is that Leknaat is a returning character and what a great way to tie up Leknaat's true goal in a final suikoden by having to deal with her sister. Leknaat IS a seer and it wouldn't surprise me if she has seen the end of the world. Windy is the only possible returning villain that is NOT dead that could come back to a degree where she is threatening again.
That would be awesome if it ended as an ultimate battle between Leknaat Windy, the bearers of the great rune. yes indeed, im totally agree with u:D Leknaat has been from 1-5 but Windy just suikoden 1. Its gonna end up as a flashback from the first suikoden 1. SPOILER FROM S1: maybe windy didnt die when she and barbarosa fell off the castle in S1,:D Windy returns, OR someone else took the gate rune from Windy when she died and the person who now owns the other half of the gate rune challenges Leknaat in next Suiko game,:)
EternalOnslaught

Post by EternalOnslaught »

It should be pretty obvious that she isn't dead, she is considered MIA. So that usually means Konami might have something planned in the future for her and perhaps Barbarossa. But hopefully a different situation than depicted in S1.
Sandalphon - Senso Suikoden
nephlabobo

Post by nephlabobo »

Siel Avadon wrote:Bet many of those "returning" chars is like..."supervising" things to see they are going accuratly...If some maniac destroys the world before erh harmonias grand plan its not good.
That's actually a fairly interesting idea - and one that I hadn't considered before.

Makes the two Vikis a bit tricky though.........
soonket

Post by soonket »

well i like the x/1999's idea vry much... the suikoden 4 n 5 are abit like the fillers of suikoden... LOL... the endless filler of suikoden LMAO since murayama has left konami (im wrong? no?) hahaha... but then i think the suikoden's story will be nth of dat anymore... considering dat the suikoden 5's sun rune has no bearer now.... the ending probably wun be as good as of the x/1999's ....
Yuber: I look better in black armor and you know it! Why do you make me look like Michael Jackson instead ?!
Falenan_descent

Post by Falenan_descent »

I wonder if the Sindar were trying to destroy the world. And, that is what Konami is attempting to aim for. I mean, if you look at the S3 ruins and the fact that they were "bound to the rune of change" it sounds like they were kind of slaves to the world and didn't like it. I bet they were collecting true runes to destroy the Rune of Change to forever free themselves.

Just a thought. Luc DID mention that the S3 ruins were Sindar, right?
enos

Post by enos »

I've always thought Hikusaak was just collecting runes to repel an upcoming massive invasion. Maybe the gods/titans were coming to "reset" the world as we know, and Hikusaak would resist/defy them.

Well, that's what I think anyway, you guys have pretty nice ideas as well.. :wink:
Maskedman

Post by Maskedman »

Now I haven't read anything here but I just thought I would spin off another question.

Hello by the way, new member and a hugh fan of Suikoden. I chipped my playstation for Suikoden 3 (as it didn't release into Europe) and that was only reason ^^ alright I am not here to say "I am such a hugh fan!! WOHO!!" haha

Nope, not that. The spin off it was.

Like many great game series I believe Suikoden will be found with Online capabilities in the near future.

Warcraft = World of Warcraft

Final Fantasy = Final Fantasy XI

Warhammer = Warhammer Online (Warhammer is popular! And is a form of game, though I haven't played it... except Dawn of War for PC and Fire Warrior on PS2)

Lord of the Rings = Middle Earth Online (Or something like that I dunno, and this isn't a "game" in the beginning but Lord of the Rings has always been a popular trilogy. In book form and movie form)

Star Wars = Star Wars Galaxies

Well yeah you get my point.

Maybe I should make a different thread for this I know, but it should fit in here as well as you are speculating Konami's future Suikodens.

How would a Online based Suikoden work?

I thought about it, me and my friend actually.

Would you have your own castle and collect 108 stars if you want to? Or would you become a random star and on every server there is 108 slots? And then you fight together in a common goal to destroy the enemy? And every star has it's own "plot" or "interactive" part in the game.

In anyway, I think any of those would be really cool if it ever happened. Having your own castle, upgrading it and with the ability to stylish it in 500 thousand different ways to make it totally unique ^^

Finding completely unique stars for yourself and creating a unique character as well ^^ would be cool.

Is this something one should anticipate from Konami? If we look into history of the past... has Konami made any online games? We have one, "Metal Gear Solid 3: Subsistence", so I guess it wouldn't be impossible for Konami to make Suikoden into an online game as well.

Damn. I had a point with all this which fit really good in this thread, but I forgot it.

Well to compare with Final Fantasy XI, everyone that loves the Final Fantasy series knows that Final Fantasy XI does not have a good story nor does it feel Final Fantasy compared to all the other ones. What I am saying is that IF an Online based Suikoden would happen we should expect something similiar. That was not the point I was trying to point out though.

Anyways, to conclude this long post with my opinion about all this. I think it would be cool with a Suikoden Online, but I do not think it will work. Suikoden has always felt like a Offline game. Problem is that the world is constantly changing, the gaming industry as well. The graphics, the systems, the computers and consoles are constantly upgraded. More and more games can be found with Online capabilities. So why wouldn't it happen to Suikoden as well?

Aaaand I am sorry, this post doesn't really end yet. I have to enter your conversation as well I feel.

What about Pesmerga? Yuber? What are their intentions, well we know Pesmerga is hunting Yuber. But why? And why is Yuber like he is. There is so much more here. I am perhaps asking questions that can be answered but there is more to both of them. And I am quite disappointed, no not disappointed wrong word, I am anxious and curious to know what will happen between them and I believe it will be a big plot later on in future Suikodens.

And about Hikusaak, that sounds logical. That they take all the runes to create Sword and Shield yet again. Or just resurrecting the brothers. Now you may ask, "brothers?". Let me quote:

"27 True Runes
In the beginning, there was "darkness."
Then, the "darkness" shed a "tear."
From that "tear," the brothers Sword and Shield were born.
Shield claimed it could defend against any attack.
Sword claimed it could slice through anything.
The brothers began a legendary battle.
At the end, both Sword and Shield shattered.
Sword became the sky, Shield became the earth, and the sparks from the battle became the stars.
As for the jewels, they fell to the ground and became the True Runes--The runes that all other runes were born from."

Now I may be far-fetched or something. But you never know. And that's why it is fun to speculate ^^

EDIT: It is said that the brothers sword and shield were born. They may be nothing but mere human beings. Or Gods. Or perhaps they are just a shield and a sword. And whoever that picks up the sword and the shield becomes corrupted and the sword or shield start to live through the person that picks them up.

OR even cooler, someone (later on in the story) makes the sword and the shiled, picks them up and becomes a God. Having both the sword AND the shield. And you fight this God, and win. The ending scene is that of you hitting the God's sword making it fall away and then you cut the God's shield and the world is destroyed and reborn. Making the Suikoden stories endless. In other words; When you finish the last Suikoden story in chronologic order you will have to start playing the first Suikoden story in chronologic order. Just to piss us off :P

And Sindar will probably be a much bigger plot later on as well. Sindar has always been a little in the backround yes? It hasn't been the "main story" as of yet. In S3 it is there and plays a small part in the plot. But not too much, in S5 it plays a plot as well. I mean, your castle is an old Sindar castle appearantly. And the Dawn Rune fits pretty good there.

Which takes me to another question:

"Dawn Rune

A piece left over after the Night Rune turned into a sword and split from the Sun Rune, the Dawn Rune is a one-of-a-kind rune and one of the three treasures of Falena."

It feels like fate. When did the Night Rune split from the Sun Rune? Was it before that Sindar Ruin was created? Or was it after? With logic we can say that the Night Rune split away from the Sun Rune before that peculiar Sindar Ruin was created.

But they always talk about "fate" in Suikoden, Leknaat always tells "This is your fate" to the bearer of a True Rune right? What if the Sindar worshipped Gods of the runes? Gods that knows the future and makes the Sindar build just that castle so that one day fate will shake hands with the Prince of Falena. Just a thought.

And here I finally end my long post ^^ hope you can bear with it.
Oppenheimer
Global Admin

Post by Oppenheimer »

Glad you're enthusastic about the series, but there's already a thread on Suikoden online:

http://www.suikosource.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?t=5114

Please post there about the subject. Thanks!
soonket

Post by soonket »

if the sindar just built the castle for the prince as the god told them to do so then i dun think they as great as they are thought and speculated... which is quite dissapointing.. Arent sindars suppose to supreme in technology?? i remember i read that somehwere... its unlikely they just built it for the god in my opinion...
Yuber: I look better in black armor and you know it! Why do you make me look like Michael Jackson instead ?!
Oppenheimer
Global Admin

Post by Oppenheimer »

Well, advanced in technology doesn't mean they have flying cars, just that they are great with gears and waterworks and magic.
Maskedman

Post by Maskedman »

"if the sindar just built the castle for the prince as the god told them to do so then i dun think they as great as they are thought and speculated... which is quite dissapointing.. Arent sindars suppose to supreme in technology?? i remember i read that somehwere... its unlikely they just built it for the god in my opinion..."

Just because you got good technology doesn't mean you do not have Gods right? We got good technology today in our world right? We still believe in Gods. Well some of us. So why couldn't the Sindar be doing something like that? Worshipping Gods that is.