Why Suikoden VI? Why not the Suikoden I - V (Repackaged)?

A place to post news and also give your ideas about the future of the Suikoden series.
Please justify all speculations with reasons why you think such an event could happen.
Miklotov

Post by Miklotov »

I don't think it would be a bad idea at all..in fact maybe it'd be possible to add a new game+?
neoshadow

Post by neoshadow »

man a remake of episode 1-2-3 would be great

dont even mention 4-5 because it was pure crap. nothing to do with all the good story from 1-2 and 3.

i miss viktor flik and luc :(
kharaa

Post by kharaa »

neo, you think five was crap? from what i've seen and heard, it's regarded as the best suikoden since 2, and even to some surpassing it.
neoshadow

Post by neoshadow »

well ok i didnt mean really crap, it just that i was looking forward as a story that goes after 1-2-3 and not before . gameplay and story was good.
WaterMoon

Post by WaterMoon »

I think the before worked out well. I still like IV, even if it was the worst put together of the Suikodens (hell, they just used the same base models for the characters over and over. All male spear users are the same in combat, all fist users the same, etc.). Going back and seeing Ted, while not something necessary, was kinda cool. And going back has let us learn a lot more about Jeane, as well as Viki. Until IV, we weren't sure if Viki skipped only forward in time, or if she could blink backwards as well, which seems to be the case.
"C'mon, Jeane! The ugly stick had its way with you! Admiiiiiiiiiit it!"
---------------------------------------------------------------
"What do you think,Your Highness? Does kidnapping your little sister sound like fun?"
reinhart

Post by reinhart »

LadyRhia wrote:
reinhart wrote: If you are really a Suikoden fanatic, you can waste money if its for your game benefits..
Not really. As I said, I love suikoden but tiny things like typos and miinor errors don't hinder me from enjoying it. I see little point in spending a ton of money (since to sell all five games in one package the price is going to be higher) for something I already enjoy. If they included the Gaidens, I MIGHT be tempted to get it, again, shelling out money for something I own with very little changes doesn't sound worth spending. It's not neccessarily that I'm not a Suiko Fanatic, it's more an issue I like to take care of my money.
I guess there's no point in arguing about the money, for me it depends on the player if he would be buying that, for God sake, I would buy that for sure...

About the gaidens, that would be great... Having said that:
KoyuRedd wrote:Especially since all games fit on Blu-Ray.
Blu-Ray holds more capacity than CDs / DVDs so SuikoSeries can be fitted there, also maybe including the gaidens and that would be great in one CD although it may costs a lot...
Miklotov wrote:I don't think it would be a bad idea at all..in fact maybe it'd be possible to add a new game+?
New Game+, why not?
neoshadow wrote:man a remake of episode 1-2-3 would be great

dont even mention 4-5 because it was pure crap. nothing to do with all the good story from 1-2 and 3.

i miss viktor flik and luc :(
Its not a totally remake, but fixing errors and bugs and adding some new buffs / modes to it....
KoyuRedd

Post by KoyuRedd »

If this were to happen, I'd assume Konami would have to recode some of the saving code, since we wouldn't be using Memory Cards to save data.

A note about disc capacity: a single layer Blu-Ray can fit 25 GB of data, and dual layer discs can fit a total of 50 GB. All the games so far fit on the single layer disc, especially since some of them didn't even occupy entire discs.

I wouldn't like the games to be changed (apart from the small bug fixes here and there), and it'd be nice to have III since I never got a chance to play it. >_>
[evil laugh here]
kharaa

Post by kharaa »

Yes using BluRay would i think be able to fit all games on one disk..
neoshadow

Post by neoshadow »

and god a new 2d sprite like suiko 1 or 2 would be nice.

there so much 3d rpg game and no everyone are good because of the poor quality of 3d engine ( i dont particuly aim the suiko serie ) but all in general.

i mean it would be so nice to have a 2d game so graphicaly improved that we would think its animated manga. dont tell me cell shaded 3d. its not the same :S
Westley

Post by Westley »

I quite agree with neoshadow on that point about sprites and 3d graphics.
The serious blunders of Suikoden 4 behind the back camera is what i dislike among others. While good for action games, it just don't feel right with RPGs.

When Suikoden 3 was released I was interested to play the game in 3d, and wasn't quite disappointed. I felt that it retained the anime charm that Suikoden 1&2 sprites had. But so many people complained about the 'shortness' of the character models and kept comparing it to f.f which only lead to one of Suiko4's mistake by making the game less anime-like and more of a 3d adventuring type.

Suikoden 5 tries to correct the mistakes like by using a little cel-shading to the models and using an isometric camera angle. Since its not technologically sensible to return to using sprites, Suikoden5 is as close as we get to the original suikoden flavor.

My hopes for Suikoden 6 is that it improves on the suikoden flavor. No gimmicks like trinity system or sailing on the seas but more engrossing stories and quests related improvements.
The bluest sky is ever high & crystal clear.
eweller3488

Post by eweller3488 »

A remake of the second suikoden at least would be great. They were in such a hurry to get that one released that it was as if they forgot to even test it before releasing it. Suikoden VI just needs to stay away from the IV storyline and I will be happy with it. It would be nice if they continued off of the end of suikoden II and maybe had Jowy, Nanami, and Riou be stars of destiny. When I watched that special ending, it just sent a chill through me to see how great it all turned out in the end, but I would still like to know what became of them afterwards. Maybe they could even make it a Suikoden II.1, sorta like an extension pack to the original. The possible war set-ups in that time are endless. But then again, there is still so much of Suikoden to be covered, I would also really like to see what else is out there, completely unrelated to any other story, so I guess just as long as they actually release a VI, I will be happy :D .
EternalOnslaught

Post by EternalOnslaught »

I am pretty sure you can fit all of them on a blu-ray disc, and especially the double layer version. However, I'd rather see Suikoden VI than a package of the past suikodens, S5 came out not too long ago people. Konami would probably lose some cash on this, plus they wouldn't be anything but ports. If they remake it, they would have to start a lot of things from scratch, it would take a long time and cost a ton of moneny, which is more deservingly meant to be spent on a suikoden VI =)
Sandalphon - Senso Suikoden
reinhart

Post by reinhart »

Its not a total remake, as I have said.. A bug, typos & error fixes.. and some additional not remakes... Like what they have posted.. A change in Suikoden IV in graphics design.. An additional story for Suikoden II (Suikoden II-1) since what I have known Suikoden I - V is not a series, I think only Suikoden I - II is the series since the story has been cut when III has been made..
LadyRhia

Post by LadyRhia »

reinhart wrote:Its not a total remake, as I have said.. A bug, typos & error fixes.. and some additional not remakes... Like what they have posted.. A change in Suikoden IV in graphics design.. An additional story for Suikoden II (Suikoden II-1) since what I have known Suikoden I - V is not a series, I think only Suikoden I - II is the series since the story has been cut when III has been made..
Opinion=/= truth. The "Series" did not only last the first two for one, and secondly if you think about it all five of the suikodens just cover a seperate aspect of the story (whether it be the story you want or not). And for III, if anything it set things up for things to come, plus continued certain things regarding countires like Harmonia.

Why would they need to add an extra story for II? I'd say the Gaidens cover that base already. And what was so bad about IV's graphic style? And again, to remake the entire game to fit that graphic style they'd have to spend lots of time and money.

For the work they'd have to do to change and add what you want could be spending that on a brand new game (hence why I said I'd prefer a new game as opposed to just all five rebundled).
WaterMoon

Post by WaterMoon »

LadyRhia wrote:And what was so bad about IV's graphic style?
You mean aside from the complete lack of effort they put into it? Go do the training room over and over for about an hour, I guarantee within that period of time you'll get a set of opponents where at least 2 of the 3 have the same weapon type (i.e. Lino, Eugene, Reinhold with spears, Gau, Shiramine, and Karl with fists, etc). When you do, watch exactly what they do in the pre-fight set up, how they move standing, how they move when low on health, how they move when they fall over after being knocked out, etc. It's exactly the same. While playing through IV just recently for the walkthrough, I had the pleasure of fighting Shiramine, Gau, and Karl in the 4th round of one of the runs through. They all 3 clapped in unison, then in unison moved into the same stance. The game actually only holds about 5-10 actual character models that are just painted in different colors.

Then there's the matter of the poor quality of the animation, and the poor body proportions. I hate watching them try and animate Chiepoo in the cut scenes, because more than anything it looks off, unnatural, and plainly bad (for both humans and cats). And how about how they rarely if ever blink? Not all of the animation was bad, but there were some glaring holes in it. It was a learning process for them, and they did really well with V. They won't be going back to IV style graphics
"C'mon, Jeane! The ugly stick had its way with you! Admiiiiiiiiiit it!"
---------------------------------------------------------------
"What do you think,Your Highness? Does kidnapping your little sister sound like fun?"