Why Suikoden VI? Why not the Suikoden I - V (Repackaged)?

A place to post news and also give your ideas about the future of the Suikoden series.
Please justify all speculations with reasons why you think such an event could happen.
silentstephi

Anthology?

Post by silentstephi »

I'd really, really like it if Konami would come out with some sort of Suiko -thology and put the PS1 games on it, kinda like what Sqeenix did for Final Fantasy.

I'd also love it if they'de put the gaiden's on it, and make it a US release.

What do you guys think?
"I reject your reality and substitute my own!"

~Adam Savage

http://www.silentstephi.com

Come Watch
Wraith

Post by Wraith »

They are rereleasing Suikoden 1 and 2 for the PSP if thats what you mean by anthology. Gaidens will never be translated in English though so forget about that.
Angelis_Taleria
Elite Member

Post by Angelis_Taleria »

Too bad 1 and 2 aren't having a stateside release.
I hope everything is going delicious.
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

If the Suikoden series ever gets popular enough over here I'm sure they'll do something like this.
koolcblue

Post by koolcblue »

Well I tend to look at it this way. The Final Fantasy series didn't become really popular until the seventh installment, so like Jowy Atreides said, if Suikoen ever becomes popular like that I'm sure we'll see some kind of anthology of S1 & S2 (and maybe, the gaidens...)
I'm betting though, we'll probably have a long wait until then...
-- CML --

Those Silverberg's always coming over unannouced...
Master

Post by Master »

the odds of gaidens getting translated are slim to none... it looks like those dating sim games and I have never seen any one of those games get translated around here... except the hentai ones for PC but that's another story. On the console market chances of seeing them ... never.
reinhart

Why Suikoden VI? Why not the Suikoden I - V (Repackaged)?

Post by reinhart »

I've seen so many posts about Suikoden VI to be next, actually that what comes next to V is VI, I know that... But, I think its better to revised / repackaged Suikoden I - V since there are many errors in the game series.. For example, the Tir McDohl in Suikoden I, when you load it in Suikoden II, the name is TcDohl... This is not the only things I noticed, I know you guys and gals can tell it too... Hope that in the revision will have like the Suikoden II that you can load Suikoden I and also in Suikoden III if you load a Suikoden II save game.. And in the start of the game, an intro will be played showing the past Suikoden and why the game playing is introduced..
LadyRhia

Post by LadyRhia »

Main reason I wouldn't want this is I already own all except IV. I'd rather have something brand new with a different plot line and everything over something that is just being re-released with only minor changes. The world of Suikoden has lots of places I'd rather see than something I've already explored.

Plus, business wise it's just not practical. Why re-sell FIVE games in one package when it will probably cost a lot? They'd have to put it on sale for a high price and of course, that wouldn't sell well.
WaterMoon

Post by WaterMoon »

It really wouldn't cost all that much. It'd be akin to taking an old movie that's only on VHS and converting it to DVD. They've already got all the coding, it would be a little work to tweak it and fix the save issue bugs of I, as well as to update it and II to PS2 format so that you can save using PS2 memory cards (mine still only read PS1 cards when played in my PS2). And it would actually be good for business because all the Suikoden fans would rush out and grab it so that it's compatible with an easy to find system, whereas their friends who don't have the games but have heard so much about them would also get them to try them out and most likely become fans. Should they do it with all 5 games? No, but a combo Suikoden I and II set would be a good idea. And maybe a second disc set for the Suikogaidens, finally translating them to english.
"C'mon, Jeane! The ugly stick had its way with you! Admiiiiiiiiiit it!"
---------------------------------------------------------------
"What do you think,Your Highness? Does kidnapping your little sister sound like fun?"
Jodan

Post by Jodan »

i would buy it because i cant get my hands on 2 (not willing to shell out 150 bucks) and im a sucker for that kind of stuff
i think it would be a good idea for us but..
they already tried that in japan with 1 and 2 on the psp and the fact that they did bring it over her means that it didnt do so well

i know were being selfish but...it would be nice
IT'S CALLED SUIKOCRACK!!!
want some
Sniper_Zegai

Post by Sniper_Zegai »

those errors are annoying but they are'nt that bad. I think it would be nice to see some sort of Suikoden remake in the future but not the same game from 1995 with a few translation errors fixed.
PSX Emulator Questions are here, if you have problems. Ask and hopefully I can help. Formerly known as Seifer by the way.
reinhart

Post by reinhart »

For me, playing Suikoden game series over and over again is a great hobby for me...

I'll ask you, on your first playing of Suikoden did you get the best ending w/out asking the internet / other game facts?... Or did you get all the stars of destiny on your first playing of Suikoden? Maybe w/ the help of some tutors who had finished the game... And while playing Suikoden games and you noticed something like a bug, you will feel / ask yourself, "Why does it have to be that way?"

It would really be great to see Repackaged Suikoden I - V w/ the bug fixes and and corrected typo errors.. If you are really a Suikoden fanatic, you can waste money if its for your game benefits..
KoyuRedd

Post by KoyuRedd »

reinhart wrote:It would really be great to see Repackaged Suikoden I - V
Especially since all games fit on Blu-Ray.
[evil laugh here]
Jodan

Post by Jodan »

there would even be room for special features
IT'S CALLED SUIKOCRACK!!!
want some
LadyRhia

Post by LadyRhia »

reinhart wrote: If you are really a Suikoden fanatic, you can waste money if its for your game benefits..
Not really. As I said, I love suikoden but tiny things like typos and miinor errors don't hinder me from enjoying it. I see little point in spending a ton of money (since to sell all five games in one package the price is going to be higher) for something I already enjoy. If they included the Gaidens, I MIGHT be tempted to get it, again, shelling out money for something I own with very little changes doesn't sound worth spending. It's not neccessarily that I'm not a Suiko Fanatic, it's more an issue I like to take care of my money.