Next timeline

A place to post news and also give your ideas about the future of the Suikoden series.
Please justify all speculations with reasons why you think such an event could happen.
Rezard

Next timeline

Post by Rezard »

When do you think the next Suikoden should take place?

This has been discussed in other treads, but never on its own.

I would like to see a Suikoden in Solis 353, 46 years after the end of Kooluk/Island Nations war and 13 years after Crowley and Mazus duel.

This way we could see what happen to the coutry west of SME and also learn how could Crowley reincarnate. It would be fun to have a eigth years old super mage around.

Also it would be perfect to link Suikoden IV with the rest of the series, we could learn more about Kyril and even Persmega and his reason to hunt down Yuber.
lucreborn

Post by lucreborn »

i think most likely itll be after 3 or before it. dont think they will do another prequel again.
"I've always been alone, ever since I was born." ~luc suikoden 3~
patapi
Forum Moderator

Post by patapi »

lucreborn wrote:i think most likely itll be after 3 or before it. dont think they will do another prequel again.
Prequel to Suikoden III, that is.

Otherwise, Konami has been making sequels, as far as I'm concerned. Tactics was a sequel to IV, and V was a sequel to both. This is further supported by how much attention was given to the Island Nations as a foreign country in V, in some ways very similar to how the first Suikoden and its sequel, II, were deliberately linked.

There is a significant time gap between IV and III. Perhaps what I'd like to see is a midquel of sorts next, where the game takes place at the exact same time as Suikoden II.
Oppenheimer
Global Admin

Post by Oppenheimer »

It'd be funny to have Leknaat out of breath since she has to run between scenes with Riou and Jowy and back to you as there are so many True Runes in play right now hahaha

That and a split screen with Riou on one side fighting Luca and you fighting your main enemy on the other . . .

no seriously but it'd be funny.
Rune of Illusion

Post by Rune of Illusion »

The games like incidents in time to me rather than true sequels to me. II and V are the exception to this though, as you at least go back to countries that appeared in the previous games. Still none of them really continues the story in the previous countries. Of course, those countries just don't stop having issues as Suikoden is an accurate portrayal of the real world countries, but they don't continue to stories in the lands they have already been to. They jump from one incident to another while events in previous lands becomes news or history.
you can learn more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation.
lucreborn

Post by lucreborn »

patapi wrote:
lucreborn wrote:i think most likely itll be after 3 or before it. dont think they will do another prequel again.
Prequel to Suikoden III, that is.

Otherwise, Konami has been making sequels, as far as I'm concerned. Tactics was a sequel to IV, and V was a sequel to both. This is further supported by how much attention was given to the Island Nations as a foreign country in V, in some ways very similar to how the first Suikoden and its sequel, II, were deliberately linked.

There is a significant time gap between IV and III. Perhaps what I'd like to see is a midquel of sorts next, where the game takes place at the exact same time as Suikoden II.
Lol well what i kind of meant patapi was a prequal to 1 or before 4. i doubt they will do another prequel to those lol.

And onother thing how can tactics be a sequal to 4 its a prequal right since snow and the hero are still kids in it.....
"I've always been alone, ever since I was born." ~luc suikoden 3~