Suikoden IV reannounced! (or it's VI :P)

A place to post news and also give your ideas about the future of the Suikoden series.
Please justify all speculations with reasons why you think such an event could happen.
hotspot

Post by hotspot »

i can't wait until they have more information about 6, like the hero/heroine and some of the characters, but it''l probably be in a year or so.
"Every lie contains the truth, and every truth contains a lie..."~ Shu

Suiko-Kya-Cross
Forum about the Suikoden, Kya Dark Lineage and the Chrono games.
○♦•¤Suiko-Kya-Cross○♦•¤
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

well i'm sure this game is being developed for a sony system. Wii is questionable and may not sell well, since the entire selling point and concept of the Wii is that it's got new, interactive gameplay. Suikoden is extremely traditional. there's little to no chance you'll see it on the 360 since it's US-based and it's not even mainstream like FF.
Feldoon

Post by Feldoon »

KFCrispy wrote:well i'm sure this game is being developed for a sony system. Wii is questionable and may not sell well, since the entire selling point and concept of the Wii is that it's got new, interactive gameplay. Suikoden is extremely traditional. there's little to no chance you'll see it on the 360 since it's US-based and it's not even mainstream like FF.
See, that's the problem, right there.

Still, with the Wii's classical controller, there is a chance, no matter how small.

I still see VI coming out on PS3.
Red Killey
Elite Member

Post by Red Killey »

Thanks a lot for the translation, ViktorFan. Definitely easy to understand even for non native-speaker like myself.
ViktorFan wrote: Question: You always have a tendency to kill these characters which I like most. Don't you have any mercy with the fans and their favourite characters? How do you decide who may live and who needs to die?

Sakiyama: We make the decision who lives and who dies on the basis of logical consequence from the plot and the character's intentions. We haven't the aim to surprise or shock the player.
This is the part that I like the most. The deaths in Suikoden series are logical, and I do hope that in the future games, if there are more deaths, then they'd continue to be logical too.
The new chief of moderating team. If you notice any problems within the discussion forum, do inform me. Thank you.
skymansxeno

Post by skymansxeno »

Good news. I love that it's still official the series will continue. But this sounds like it is in very early developement.

And the only other system they would consider is Wii. But with a none action rpg, I doubt that they would go there.

PS3 is the best bet.
Wraith

Post by Wraith »

PS3 is the best bet.
I'm sad to admit that that's true. However, PS2 is also probable. Or the Wii. After all, the Wii and DS are getting Dragon Quest games(most popular RPG in Japan). If they do well alot more RPG's are going to get released on the Wii, so don't count out the Wii.
nuizilla

Post by nuizilla »

Wii and PS3 are fine to me

but don't underestimate Wii (look at DS rating....it's gone crazier everyday)

anyway I just love this game 8)
(-_-")("-_-)
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

Sakiyama mentioned that Suikoden V would be the last entry on the PS2, so it's no longer fair game.

A sudden change to a non-Sony console would alienate fans, and most probably wouldn't buy an entirely new console for one game. There's been a few games on other consoles, but considering their lack of success, the PS3 is the most likely choice.

There is certainly "a chance" on the other consoles, but the scales are heavily tilted to Sony's side. I don't think stating the obvious about Suikoden moving to another console really needs to be addressed any further, since it goes without mentioning.
Wraith

Post by Wraith »

Jowy Atreides wrote:Sakiyama mentioned that Suikoden V would be the last entry on the PS2, so it's no longer fair game.

A sudden change to a non-Sony console would alienate fans, and most probably wouldn't buy an entirely new console for one game. There's been a few games on other consoles, but considering their lack of success, the PS3 is the most likely choice.

There is certainly "a chance" on the other consoles, but the scales are heavily tilted to Sony's side. I don't think stating the obvious about Suikoden moving to another console really needs to be addressed any further, since it goes without mentioning.
True, I don't really see Suikoden going to the Wii unless something really weird happens to the PS3. But ye, it's extremely likely that it will be released on the PS3. I'll assume that they'll take their sweet time for this game then.
Feldoon

Post by Feldoon »

Wraith wrote:
Jowy Atreides wrote:Sakiyama mentioned that Suikoden V would be the last entry on the PS2, so it's no longer fair game.

True, I don't really see Suikoden going to the Wii unless something really weird happens to the PS3. But ye, it's extremely likely that it will be released on the PS3. I'll assume that they'll take their sweet time for this game then.
SONY being arrogant arses about their console and supposed superiority?

I wish D:
Wraith

Post by Wraith »

Feldoon wrote:
Wraith wrote:

I wish D:
What? Did I say anything like that?

I don't think so.
Feldoon

Post by Feldoon »

Wraith wrote:
Feldoon wrote:
Wraith wrote: True, I don't really see Suikoden going to the Wii unless something really weird happens to the PS3. But ye, it's extremely likely that it will be released on the PS3. I'll assume that they'll take their sweet time for this game then.

I wish D:

I don't think so.
I bolded it to make it more clear as to what I was saying.

Still, I'd rather see a new one on the Wii. Less pressure for awesome graphics and they can focus on the story more.
killey

Post by killey »

Feldoon wrote:Still, I'd rather see a new one on the Wii. Less pressure for awesome graphics and they can focus on the story more.
That's a weak argument. If there's one thing that's clear about the Suikoden series it's that graphics have never been all that important. And whether it's on the PS3 or the Wii, the people who work on the graphics are going to be different to those who work on the story so there's no need to sacrifice one for more of the other.

Personally I hope it's on the PS3, partly for the superior graphics but mainly because I won't be buying a Wii and if it did come out on the Wii it'd be the only game I'd want for the console. Selfish I know but meh...
Wraith

Post by Wraith »

Feldoon wrote:
Wraith wrote:
Feldoon wrote:SONY being arrogant arses about their console and supposed superiority?

I wish D:

I don't think so.
I bolded it to make it more clear as to what I was saying.

Still, I'd rather see a new one on the Wii. Less pressure for awesome graphics and they can focus on the story more.
That's not what I meant. I just got the impression that you were mocking me. I'm just saying, if something weird happens to the PS3 (such as Konami and Sony suddenly not working with eachother anymore) it is possible but that won't happen.
mpieco

Post by mpieco »

Konami is developing 7 games for the Wii, and also has an "untitled rpg" or whatever for the Wii, which may or may not turn out to be Suikoden VI. lots of other companies are developing rpg's for the wii. it seems to be the favored console for rpg's at the outset. hopefully it stays that way, considering I'd much rather pay 250 as opposed to 650 or whatever. im a college student. I need all the money I can get/save.