Suikoden VI's possible hero weapon *spoilers*

A place to post news and also give your ideas about the future of the Suikoden series.
Please justify all speculations with reasons why you think such an event could happen.
enos

Post by enos »

Hello guys, I'm new here... :D
Alex Delferia wrote:
Heheh.

Well, hmm. Dual axes.

Now, let me explain. Maybe, for once, the Tenkai could be a tougher individual. Think a mixture of a stubborn dwarf, and the bear-like attitude of Viktor. But then, that tough guy wouldn't be much tough if given the title of "Silent Protagonist"...
I like your idea.. :) A tougher hero would be nice.. heavily-muscled, tall, barbaric, monstrous strength, not too bright... just someone who fights for the love of it.. He woudn't be easily controlled like Shu does with Riou or Matthiu with Mcdohl.. someone who's stubborn and insists on doing things his own way.. brute force!!! :twisted:

hmm.. but again, I think it wouldn't work if he's made to be another "Silent Protagonist"

his weapons?? hmm.. double axes, or 2 maces.. but for sheer brutality.. I like 2 Warhammers!!! :P
futanchen

Post by futanchen »

yeah, i hate silent and a lil bit Gay Heroes in Suikodens.
i wish the next hero will be more like Jack Sparrow character or something like that :?
about the weapon i like twin Tridents or maybe a bare twin Fists kungfu style, that'll be cool. :D
Falenan_descent

Post by Falenan_descent »

lil bit Gay Heroes in Suikodens.
Grr. May I help you notice that these silent and "
lil bit Gay Heroes in Suikodens.
are actually QUITE brave and very, very strong! And Suikoden will always have younger people as their tenkei because Suikoden is, on the sidelines, meant to be a story about growth. Or becoming of age, in a sense.

On topic:

I could see the next main character wielding a knife in each hand. He'd be quick, dexterous, and have the agility that all the tenkai seem to have. Plus the little animations for how/she runs up to the enemy and strikes them down could differ each time :P
Rezard

Post by Rezard »

I think what he meant by gay was "shy and obedient", and not “weak and coward”. I never saw a passionate Tekai, all of them are kind of quiet and didn’t seem to stand out in the crowd.

It’s also very easy to be brave and strong when you have dozens of bodyguards and a rune that that makes you invincible. Normally the tekai has to be careful, hiding and running away, because everybody says that it will be terrible to the war if you die.

A hero with a hammer/shield would be really cool, that’s if, we don’t have a winger tekai with scythe, which would be best.
thecontrivance

Post by thecontrivance »

I think what he meant by gay was "shy and obedient", and not “weak and coward”. I never saw a passionate Tekai, all of them are kind of quiet and didn’t seem to stand out in the crowd.
Thats because it would be better, given the situations, that they stay incognito............. 8) 8) 8)
It’s also very easy to be brave and strong when you have dozens of bodyguards and a rune that that makes you invincible. Normally the tekai has to be careful, hiding and running away, because everybody says that it will be terrible to the war if you die
They're not shy acting, because they supposed to seem cowardly. They act that way to limit speach and personality. So you can give them one............ :wink:
EDIT by Red Killey: This member is already banned.
Rezard

Post by Rezard »

Thats because it would be better, given the situations, that they stay incognito............. Cool Cool Cool
Being shy doesn´t help stay incognito, acting natural do.
They're not shy acting, because they supposed to seem cowardly. They act that way to limit speach and personality. So you can give them one............ Wink
I don’t agree, the silent hero doesn’t gain personality from the player, they have very limited personality given by the others talking, but not by the player. This is a highly debatable, let’s save it for another topic.
a

Post by a »

Why are they silent exactly? I mean you hear them make sounds when they fight and I doubt everyone in the Suikoden world knows sign language. As for a weapon, I think a Volge (think Wei Yan from Dynasty Warriors) or even a pike would be interesting.
hotspot

Post by hotspot »

Maybe it can be a weapon that can be used in a melee and a throwing way, like a big boomerang, or some sort of slinky that can be used as a claw weapon or can just be thrown but only by holding a small part of the slinky and then the slinky attacks the enemy and comes back to the hero.( this way the hero can attack in to ways,like if he/she can use the battle lust or agility ability it can be used as a melee then a far ranged weapon in a few attacks).
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

i've never seen or heard of this wpn before, but in Dynasty Warriors, Cao Cao's son (forgot the name.. Cao Pi?) uses a dual sword that connect at the handle ends. i think this concept of multi-form weapons would go in line with a sequel to Suikoden V, and it would stick with the dual weapon idea.

another 2-piece wpn is used by Cao Ren in Dynasty Warriors (i'm no martial arts person, many wpns i see in video games, movies, and cartoons are new to me....), where it's a shield with a sword-like thing that can be removed from the shield.
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

Yeah, his name is Cao Pi, haha.

Plus, these are actual weapons, unlike the swallow.
Last edited by Jowy Atreides on Wed Oct 11, 2006 1:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fizadums

Post by Fizadums »

Honestly, the idea of a halberd as a main character weapon would be great.
Masaya

Post by Masaya »

A Halibard would be a very interesting weapon. However, a weapon as such isn't the fastest of weapons. I've always found the Hero being a one of the overall fast characters.

~Wow, I agree with a Double handed hammer. Before clicking into this thread I thought about suggesting that. However you guys definitely beat me at brainstorming.~

A Suikoden hero has always been the "leader" of the liberating or projected "good guy" force of the game. I know this would hurt the main hero's overall amazing fighter persona..but what if he wielded a simple Fan as strategists have done. Perhaps making him more like Luc, being amazing scholar and at using his True Rune, and fairly weak physically.
eternal_sins

Post by eternal_sins »

animals as weapon :!: :wink:
Memori cinta berbunga
Pun menghinggap di ingatan
Seperti sang merpati di dahan
Puas sudah ku berusha
Ku melupakan segalanya
Namun senyum mu masih... ada...

-Merpati

Sang By: Hady Mirza
Winner Of Singapore Idol 2
www.hady-mirza.com
Fizadums

Post by Fizadums »

I know its still a bit faster than a halberd... A double headed hammer isnt exactly a fast weapon in and of itself. Besides, how awesome would it be to have the hero doing the whole army of darkness maneuver?!
eternal_sins

Post by eternal_sins »

Err?? More challenging :?:
Memori cinta berbunga
Pun menghinggap di ingatan
Seperti sang merpati di dahan
Puas sudah ku berusha
Ku melupakan segalanya
Namun senyum mu masih... ada...

-Merpati

Sang By: Hady Mirza
Winner Of Singapore Idol 2