Suikoden Fighting Game

A place to post news and also give your ideas about the future of the Suikoden series.
Please justify all speculations with reasons why you think such an event could happen.
thecontrivance

Suikoden Fighting Game

Post by thecontrivance »

What do you think about a Suikoden fighting game featuring all of suikoden's biggest G's and brawlers. Kinda like a Def Jam Vendetta for Suikoden( but no wrestling rings, prostitutes, and rappers of course......why are you staring at me like that?)

Which type of characters would you want in it? Just True Rune bearers? Regular characters with True Rune bearers as unlocakables?( Pesmerga's unlocks Yuber?)

Which exact characters would you want in it(if there were only 20 to chose from)?(Tir Georg Yuber?)

What unique modes?(Fusion Mode- Fuse Hugo with Tir to unlock Tugo. With the Dark Flame Rune)

Which systems?( PS3? XBOX 360? that new gamecuwatchamacallit? just Playstation 3?)

I think that since most Americans are into the fighting/sports genre that maybe this would get them out of the guter and into the RPG's. by taking a legend in RPG's and making it a fighting game? What do you guys think?
EDIT by Red Killey: This member is already banned.
Falenan_descent

Post by Falenan_descent »

I think there was a topic on this somewhere...only cuz I remember saying something about a volleyball game featuring all the sexy girls of Suikoden with Flik being an unlockable character -_-
LillyXChris

Post by LillyXChris »

I'm cool with the fighting game idea. I used to tell the guys at Gamespot how FIFA 2007 could be juiced up (by adding the FF, Suikoden and Guilty Gear characters).

However, for a fighting game to work, you must have the following:

1) super cool moves
2) A REALLY good storyline (for a story mode)
3) 20 characters including some unlockables and a nega-Riou (What? it'll be cool)
4) Create Mode
5) Mini games. You must have the mini games.

But nothing as s**kish as One Piece: Grand Battle PLEASE!!
Just think about it. Someone might be writing a Kingdom Hearts 2/Pretty Cure x-over right now. That someone is me.

Now playing POTC At World's End
Nozomi Yumehara and Darkside Dream... Miko (Princess) Yumehara
Sisters (Yes Precure 5/Precure X-over)
wolfi

Post by wolfi »

if konami were to make a suikoden fighting game i would rather have it go in the dynasty wars category.

you can accualy have a good story in that sort of games. You could have grand battles, just like in all the suikoden games exept for you would be in the middle of the battle fighting it out instead of chosing, bow, magic, charge. You could have smaller quest scenaros where youre misson were for example to defeat a huge dragon inside a den and obtain the heavly dragon gold fang staff. During the misson there could be hidden charracters which you could talk to and recruit. You could also have changeble gear and that sort of thing.

just my 2 cents
HairyMonekyNuts

Post by HairyMonekyNuts »

thats a great idea! i would love to see a fighting game. maybe in diffirent sets. 1,2, and 3 etc. fighters fight while others like shop keepers support and add on to your stats. wait... suikoden is already like that... sorry... but if konami wanted to they could make one.
moneky is suppose to be monkey... i was just to lazy to make a new account.
thecontrivance

Post by thecontrivance »

Which characters do you want to unlock others?

A good and bad side or everyone for themselves?

Just True Rune bearers or non true rune bearers?

Jowy unlocks Riou who unlocks Luca

Gremio unlocks Tir

Playing through Snowe and Linos story would unlock Lazlo

Hugo unlocks the Flame Champion

Flik unlocks Geddoe

Lilly( damn she is so fine.....um :? sorry) unlocks Chris

Luc unlocks Leknaat

Sasarai unlocks Hikasuuk

and so on ..... what do you all think?
Mathias

Post by Mathias »

"if konami were to make a suikoden fighting game i would rather have it go in the dynasty wars category."

thats actually a really good idea. your character could either be a major supporting character or just some joe-shmoe in the army...be awesome to fight as viktor in a dynasty-warrior esque war battle...would be pretty cool to fight as a random private in one of the suikoden armies too. You would have to be able to play both sides too - owning it up as yuber anyone?
"Shall I deposit his corpse in the nearest body of water?"
Occam Arkitect

Post by Occam Arkitect »

What if Konami decided to implement a real fighting game system to the series' duels? Personally I would love that, but then goodbye paper-scissors-rock.
thecontrivance

Post by thecontrivance »

Which characters would you want as starters, and which starters would you want to unlock others?

I dont mean to rant, but can we keep with the original format at the very beggining of the post? Please answer like this, because I fear my post will get locked by "The Man"(dragonmasterx, Oppenheimer) :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: just kidding with yall :lol: :lol: :lol:

But yeah, keep your replies like this
Which type of characters would you want in it? Just True Rune bearers? Regular characters with True Rune bearers as unlocakables?( Pesmerga's unlocks Yuber?)

Which exact characters would you want in it(if there were only 20 to chose from)?(Tir Georg Yuber?)

What unique modes?(Fusion Mode- Fuse Hugo with Tir to unlock Tugo. With the Dark Flame Rune)

Which systems?( PS3? XBOX 360? that new gamecuwatchamacallit? just Playstation 3?)
Chris_Lightfellow

Post by Chris_Lightfellow »

Sorry, but I'm gonna have to veer away from the format for a bit. If Konami made a Suikoden Fighting Game, I would like it to be in the format of Soul Caliber 2. That could work too, with the Story/Weapon Master mode. Characters could be unlocked by reaching certain places. Instead of unlocking new weapons, you could use the potch/gold you earn to upgrade your weapon at a blacksmith. And even though it takes away the charm that it gives Suikoden, I don't think runes should be used. There really isn't a way to integrate them into a fighting game that I can think of. Now to answer the questions in the format:

1&2)The main characters from each game, with the 3 main PoV's from S3 since there really isn't a "main character".
3)blacksmith, able to buy items, such as medicine, and use them during battle
4)I would like it to be for all systems(PS3, GCN, XBOX360). That would help with publicity a bit.
And if I saw you dancing, I would spin you around, spin you around, turn your world upside down

Not sure about something? Check the board rules!
thecontrivance

Post by thecontrivance »

Characters could be unlocked by reaching certain places.
Like Tobal No. 1's Dungeon Mode or DBZ Budokai 3?
Instead of unlocking new weapons, you could use the potch/gold you earn to upgrade your weapon at a blacksmith. And even though it takes away the charm that it gives Suikoden, I don't think runes should be used.

You could be able to use only one or two spells, this is how I see it or you would have to charge up to use it or something.

1) I'd use mostly true rune bearers, since they are the most popular(and most powerful). Then a few none true Rune bearers since they are the second most popular( and most powerful)

2) True Rune bearers unlock more powerful True Rune bearers, and reg.'s unlock True Rune bearers........

) Jowy - Riou - Luca

) Nash - Sierra

) Luc - Leknaat

) Sasarai + Luc = Hikasuuk

) Hugo - Flame Champion

) Flik - Geddoe

) Lilly - Chris

) Pesmerga - Yuber

) Futch - Milia - Joshua

) Gremio + Luc - Tir

) Edge - Viktor

) Lino en Kuldez - Lazlo blah blah blah

3) I think that with each character there could be a different unique mode. (Nash - an abridged, playable version of Suikogaiden like Lucs chapter in Suikoden 3 , Viki - her travels through time or maybe a mini game or some crap)

4) All systems
Windspun_Monkey

Post by Windspun_Monkey »

I would rather see another Tactics game before a fighting game. I think it would be sweet.

If they did make a fighting game though, I'd hope it would have Futch riding Bright in it.
<!-- begin link -->
<a href="http://www.konamistars.com/konamistars/ ... gqvE">Join the Konami RPG Stars!</a>
<!-- end link -->
Jorge Prima

Post by Jorge Prima »

Well, it sounds like it would make one hell of a flash game. As for an actual game, I think I prefer a Clive first person shoot. :p
thecontrivance

Post by thecontrivance »

Then that would copy that "Vincent" game from FF 7
tera_majin

Post by tera_majin »

thecontrivance wrote:Luc - Leknaat
i don't think leknaat can go to battle.. we even never see her fighting directly.. it will be better if it is Luc - Sarah (remember that Sarah magic power is even greater than Luc)

and btw, luca will most probably pawn all other characters.. :P