[FAQ] The Confusion Behind Nanami *Possible Spoiler*

If you are stuck in the Dunan Unification Wars; or wish for more details on the gameplay systems, this is the place.
wakaba_chan

Post by wakaba_chan »

Get Mazus to level 70.That will be great.
My beast rune party
Flik Sierra Mazus
LC Chan Lo Wen Riou
Buff

Post by Buff »

how would getting mazus to level 70 be great.in what ways?if your talking about so he can equip the dream robe it be impossible since he's permaently equiped with the robe of mist.unless you have a gamshark to where you could change that.
wakaba_chan

Post by wakaba_chan »

just bring him and the hero to some place with ULTRA powerful monsters.And,let the hero attack lees so mazus gets some exp easily.
My beast rune party
Flik Sierra Mazus
LC Chan Lo Wen Riou
Red Killey
Elite Member

Post by Red Killey »

wakaba_chan wrote:just bring him and the hero to some place with ULTRA powerful monsters.And,let the hero attack lees so mazus gets some exp easily.
That's not the question though? This is getting pointless and nowhere. I'll delete further off topic things. So it ends here, please.
The new chief of moderating team. If you notice any problems within the discussion forum, do inform me. Thank you.
Pesmerga VS. Yuber

Post by Pesmerga VS. Yuber »

I saved Nanami with useless equipment, the regular, she had 220 def. :D It was very easy if she is higher level.
Power?
Am I looking for Power?
Ever since...The first day I saw you...
I somehow knew...That we would be friends.
I was never lonely...Because you were there.
We chose...Life and death together.
I believed in you...Always...
Nemesis

Post by Nemesis »

I forgot how I save her.. but I save her..
Nick Bruiser
The n00b Avenger

Post by The n00b Avenger »

Also, armor in the accessory slots apparently don't count. I don't mean they don't count towards the total, I just mean they don't count as "armor" if that's all she has.

I got her up to 155 with just accessories but with no armor or helmet and she still died.

I also gave her just headgear with no armor or accessories to bring her up to about 131 and she survived.
DearWoman

Post by DearWoman »

ermm..just to summarise..

so the way to make her alive and get the real ending is to get all 108 stars ,her defense at least 121 , and fully geared up BEFORE liberating Rockaxe, and then chose either answer when she is gonna get attack.

So just by doing all these is enough ya?
Crowley_The_Great

Post by Crowley_The_Great »

I'm pretty sure it doesn't matter what armor/helmet she has equiped, just as long as she is wearing something.
By the 100 runes within me....
MasterCloud

Post by MasterCloud »

Just to clarify, the Defense stats are all confusing.

Under the strength screen, PROT is the stat "Must be over 121". That same stat appears after battles as "DEF"

Then there is DEF which is right next to ATT in the strength screen, that is the Armor defense.

I saved Nanami with ALL 108 stars (Ridley, not Boris) a PROT stat of 116 (NOT 121) annnnd an Armor DEF of around 190 or so.

AND i had Forgiver Sign unlocked.
highwind44029

Post by highwind44029 »

It's the DEF stat that matters, not PROT.
MasterCloud

Post by MasterCloud »

In the Strength Menu, DEF is your armor defense, so its THAT that must be over 121? Mine gets to around 200 then. I guess I was confused because I thought it was a close call or something.

DEF after you gain a level though is different than the DEF on the strength. the DEF after you gain a level is the same as your PROT.
Red Killey
Elite Member

Post by Red Killey »

Yes, the one that matters to Nanami is the DEF stats (which is PROT + armor). That is why "equipping armor" to Nanami can make a difference. If PROT is the one that matters, then equipping armor wouldn't make a difference at all since PROT would stay at what it was.
Last edited by Red Killey on Sat Jul 15, 2006 7:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
The new chief of moderating team. If you notice any problems within the discussion forum, do inform me. Thank you.
MasterCloud

Post by MasterCloud »

Ahh okay, I thought it was more of a close call to save her and since PROT around that time is near 121 i thought that was where the debate was. Thanks!
Feldoon

Post by Feldoon »

Just to point out something, I've got a UK PAL edition (SLES-02442, in case anybody wanted to know) and I've only ever gotten Nanami to survive if I used the Forgiver Sign spell on Gorudo.

Admittedly I haven't played in a few years, but I remember testing it when I was younger. Armour off, armour on. Forgiver Sign, not using it. Saying something, not saying something.

I just remember all signs pointing to using the final spell on Gorudo. Just thinking that it's important is all.

I mean, from a gameplay point of view, I can see that the spell's name shows that, despite Gorudo was an utter arse about killing trying to kill Riou/Jowy and hitting Nanami instead, Riou forgives him which shows the compassion, possibly invoking the rune to aid his distress.

Of course that theory is probably utter crap, but hey, it kinda works.