Bring back original cast~formerly:hope and another question

A place to post news and also give your ideas about the future of the Suikoden series.
Please justify all speculations with reasons why you think such an event could happen.
kuksoolwon

Bring back original cast~formerly:hope and another question

Post by kuksoolwon »

Will they ever bring back the original hero and hopefully Victor,Flik,and most of the charaters from 1 and 2 and make a new story?After 2 i havn't really been impressed with the stories and the characters since!And my other question is their was a Suikoden game made in Japan but never released in the States it was like Suikoden 2.5 where can i find the sotry and pictures of the game?

Specified Title-op
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

There was a Suikogaiden, which you can find information about at the main site. Viktor and Flik probably won't make any returns for some time (if ever), but who knows about McDohl?
ShardStar

Post by ShardStar »

They aren't going to bring back the majority of the original cast. Some, and I mean a handlful those including Viki and Jeane will make a return. Most characters are pretty much stationary in the regions we see them. Those that travel out of their respective countries we tend to see or at least hear of.
Nemesis

Post by Nemesis »

Yea.. I miss Viktor and Flik. They are my idles :D
Nick Bruiser
Futagi

Post by Futagi »

The only story I could think of that Flik and Viktor could ever appear in again is if they made a game of some type about the Higheast Rebellion. But it sounds like it would be a better side game than anything else--possibly another tactics game. But beyond that, their characters and stories have pretty much been explored and finished. They're my fav characters by far, but outside of the above scenario, I see no reason for them to make a return.
Hello Suikoden-type people:D
redeyesblind

Familiar Faces?

Post by redeyesblind »

Let's get strait to the point, does anyone think there will be main characters from previous suikoden games appearining in a new one? It's happened only once with Suikoden 2 and was absolutely adored by the fans.

Personally, I truly hope McDohl and Riou make another appearance. I keep hearing people talking about how they speculate that the next Suikoden will take place in the northern outlands, west of Zexen territory. You know, where Thomas is from.

Here's where things get interesting, at the end of Suikoden 2, if you remember correctly. Riou leaves to the grasslands. Now we know he wasn't there during Suikoden III and we haven't heard of him ever returning to Jowsten. I'm willing to bet they went to the outlands and perhaps the next game will show what our good friends are upto.

Also, Hallac is looking for assistance up in the outlands. So Hugo/Geddoe/Chris might lend him a hand with whatever situation they have up there. So far that's four main characters, McDohl could be ANYwhere so just toss him in there as well. I doubt he's one to hang around the Toran Republic for long anyway.

Could you guys imagine it... if they brought all of those guys together? That would be amazing...
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

sounds like the dream of a fanboy.....I think if there EVER gonna have all the tenkai stars/true rune bearers together...it will be the final suikoden....the last battle against harmonia.....or leknaat
warmaster670

Post by warmaster670 »

it would be cool, but only if they could show them good in 3d, if they couldnt, it would ruin it for me
tomriddle

Post by tomriddle »

i personally think the Souleater (the real souleater) will re-appear only at the conclusion of the series...

why?

the most powerful and devastating of the true runes... it takes its strength by taking those closest to the bearer :( So I fully see the climax being set up with all these heroes banding and supporting McDohl and giving him their trust and following his leadership... only to be all killed by the souleater powering it to defeat whatever

but yea, people will die, in order to beat whatever the end boss is..

it can't end any other way.. let's make no mistakes... Suikoden is so touching and moving to us all because it is.. a tragedy

o_O
Oppenheimer
Global Admin

Post by Oppenheimer »

tomriddle wrote:i personally think the Souleater (the real souleater) will re-appear only at the conclusion of the series...

why?

the most powerful and devastating of the true runes
I don't think that's necessarily true, the Rune of Punishment was plenty powerful it destroyed entire fleets and also killed those that it was bound to. The beast rune decimated an entire village, true fire rune nearly destroyed the entire grasslands, etc etc. So I wouldn't say the Souleater is the most powerful.

Regardless, on topic, I don't think Konami would bring back everyone. They seem to just be content with creating new stories and characters with only a few returning characters. This creativity is good, if people really want to see the old Tenkai's then they should replay those games.
Komataguri

Post by Komataguri »

Oppenheimer wrote:
tomriddle wrote:i personally think the Souleater (the real souleater) will re-appear only at the conclusion of the series...

why?

the most powerful and devastating of the true runes
I don't think that's necessarily true, the Rune of Punishment was plenty powerful it destroyed entire fleets and also killed those that it was bound to. The beast rune decimated an entire village, true fire rune nearly destroyed the entire grasslands, etc etc. So I wouldn't say the Souleater is the most powerful.

Regardless, on topic, I don't think Konami would bring back everyone. They seem to just be content with creating new stories and characters with only a few returning characters. This creativity is good, if people really want to see the old Tenkai's then they should replay those games.

Suikoden V spoiler deleted

Altho it is true, Soul Eater is the coolest True Rune due to it being so awesomely evil.....I think its a wonderful fanboy wetdream that we were given the lesser version of Soul Eater, the Darkness Rune. [ Which I whored as many as I could in Suikoden 2 ]
Darkillumina

Post by Darkillumina »

why?

the most powerful and devastating of the true runes... it takes its strength by taking those closest to the bearer :( So I fully see the climax being set up with all these heroes banding and supporting McDohl and giving him their trust and following his leadership... only to be all killed by the souleater powering it to defeat whatever

but yea, people will die, in order to beat whatever the end boss is..

it can't end any other way.. let's make no mistakes... Suikoden is so touching and moving to us all because it is.. a tragedy

o_O

Sounds like the Crisis on Infinite Earths...

Anyhow If anything of this sort does unlikely happen it will be in the Final Suikoden.

And for the love of the force no True Rune is 'more powerful' then the other. It depends on the experience of the Bearers more then anything else. All true runes are equal, they just govern different aspects of the world.

Suikoden V spoilers removed
The True Fire Rune did not go 'all out' yet it still scorched a significant area. Also we can't really compare it to anything else because we haven't seen a true rune go truly berserk as of yet.
Beware my power, because my might may not be on the side of right.
Oppenheimer
Global Admin

Post by Oppenheimer »

Those are Suikoden V spoilers, that's why I didn't mention them. I specifically avoided them as this is not a Suikoden V thread. But, thank you for agreeing.
Wraith

Post by Wraith »

The Souleater directly causes death. Almost every other rune causes death due to different reasons(scorching,demattirlisation, huge laser beam that go's pew pew.) A direct attack from the Souleater will instantly kill you(unless your good with magic and can defend yourself against it wich is doubtfull if Tir mastered the Souleater) while a individual can still survive when struck by an attack from the rune of punishment. Because it is so good in attacking people individually it lacks in large scale attack. Also, it dousn't appear the Soul Eater can destroy matter directly.
redeyesblind

Post by redeyesblind »

You guys are getting a little off topic here. We're not discussing the strength of runes over each other, we're discussing the probablity of main characters making returning performances.

Honestly, I don't think Konami has any plans to make this "End Game" that you guys are talking about. Each Suikoden just tells a story in a different piece of the world, in my opinion, we're more likely to see something simular to the Trinity Sight system from Suiko 3. One of them might be a former Suikoden hero.

As for the comment earlie saying something along the lines of, "If you want to see former suikoden Heroes, plays the old games again." I understand where you're coming from, but ya gotta understand.... Guys like McDohl are immortal and may very well will for 500 years. Are gamers supposed to be content with only seeing a measly 3yrs of his life? I wanna know what happens AFTERward. I want to see where our former hero's stories and journeys take them, aren't you guys excited just thinking about it?