[Guide] Skills

A forum for people who have played the game concerning the Sun Rune War to answer gameplay questions.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

i think Escape Route lets u flee from battle safely (?--i should check the description)... but i think it has an added effect on maps, letting you take some shortcuts (Baska Mine has a shortcut with a chest, what else is there? i don't know if that was from Takamu, but he also helps you through the Woods to Lunas)
It's Defense/Technique and is obtained after getting all checkers pieces from Egbert. That's pieces for the 108 stars and Lymsleia (Hard Checkers only), Ferid (Hard Entrapment only), and Arshtat (Hard Conqueror only).
what do you mean "getting all checkers pieces" from Egbert? do u just recruit everyone and that's that, or do you have to win the hard mode many times---?

does the Treasure Hunt (on a fighting character) skill work when the character is in Entourage? other ones do even though they don't pop out on the menu like regular Support characters
Riqa

Post by Riqa »

Wodan wrote:Can you equip two Epic Skills?
Yes
It's Defense/Technique and is obtained after getting all checkers pieces from Egbert. That's pieces for the 108 stars and Lymsleia (Hard Checkers only), Ferid (Hard Entrapment only), and Arshtat (Hard Conqueror only).

what do you mean "getting all checkers pieces" from Egbert? do you just recruit everyone and that's that, or do you have to win the hard mode many times---?
Think you can get everyone but Lymsleia, Ferid, and Arshtat on easy and just need to get them on hard, if not then x.x
Bippo

Post by Bippo »

KFCrispy wrote:
what do you mean "getting all checkers pieces" from Egbert? do you just recruit everyone and that's that, or do you have to win the hard mode many times---?
You have to beat Egbert while he is using each character's checker piece to get the particular one he is using. He only picks from characters befriended (permanently recruited) and they appear on any difficulty and game mode with the exception of Ferid, Lymsleia, and Arshtat. So that's a very minimal of 111 games you have to beat him at (112 if the certain non-star is needed too. Not sure on that.).

Once you beat Egbert when he uses a checkers piece other than his own, you can select that checkers piece and he never selects it again. The fewer checkers piece Egbert has other than his own, the less often he'll choose a checkers piece other than his own. So it can be many games before he selects a last piece you may need. Keep surrendering until he does. It's really a lot of work to put into one epic skill that isn't too great.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

i've added descriptions to the skills list--any suggestions/corrections? i wish this game could just tell ya >_<
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

DawnRune wrote:Charge % I don't know, but thrust-back is basically a different name for counter attacking.
nobody's answered this question?
i am not sure what Charge % could be, as i've never seen the game go "Charge" like Long-Throw, Pierce, even Critical... so for all i know, it causes double damage without being a critical hit.
keep in mind this ONLY happen with Georg and his glowing sword though, and that could be due to effects from Killer Rune, as i haven't seen other characters with this skill ever have a glowing wpn attack, and when Killer Rune's instant death occurs, the sword was glowing. hrrrrrmmmmmmm
WaterMoon

Post by WaterMoon »

Eyedol wrote:What about Takamu's Escape Route?

And Muroon's Bath skill? It says "Toasty %+ at the end of battle" ... what does "Toasty" mean, exactly?
Toasty is a positive status effect, similar to having a sunbeam rune equipped, you heal a small amount of HP while walking around and at the end of each turn while you're toasty. Well, at end of each round at least, not sure if it carries over to outside combat in 5 likeit did in 2.
Krellogg

Post by Krellogg »

KFCrispy wrote: nobody's answered this question?
i am not sure what Charge % could be, as i've never seen the game go "Charge" like Long-Throw, Pierce, even Critical... so for all i know, it causes double damage without being a critical hit.
keep in mind this ONLY happen with Georg and his glowing sword though, and that could be due to effects from Killer Rune, as i haven't seen other characters with this skill ever have a glowing wpn attack, and when Killer Rune's instant death occurs, the sword was glowing. hrrrrrmmmmmmm
Georg's killer rune doesnt cause the glowing affect. It's actually due to the fact that Georg is badass. In all seriousness, it is. No idea what Charge % means.
Hg_gt

Post by Hg_gt »

wow im about go out on a long shot here because i think i just realized something that ive totally overlooked the whole way through....

I never raised any skills except the 2 trained skills. I only did this because i though if you put skill points into a skill that wasnt trained it didnt do anything....i have a feeling i got the wrong impression on this...

so let me clarify to see if im right on this

If i raise a skill (reguardless of if it is trained) my skill in that area goes up.
If i train a skill it just gives it a little boost reguardless if its a higher letter or not...

Gt
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

if you looked at the skills menu, you would notice you can Equip skills.... so at any point while running around, you can equip different skills for different purposes. let's say you suddenly find your slow and inaccurate party is facing quick, evasive guys--then put on Technique and Agility to match their speed and have a better chance of hitting them.... etc
Hg_gt

Post by Hg_gt »

ya i know you can equip skills, thats not really the question i have. My question is if you DONT equip it and raise your skill does it actually help? Or do you have to have that skill equiped to get that performance?

Ex.

I have a rank C in attack. I have Agility and Technique trained. If i raise attack to a B will i perform better or do i have to train Attack to see a difference?

The reason i ask is because i just found out that you have to have cewrtain skills at certain levels before you can endulge in Epic skills.

Gt
Aldo

Post by Aldo »

Basically, only the skill levels of the equipped skills matter. The only point of raising skills you will never equip is to unlock epic skills.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

equipping/unequipping Magic skill will alter your maximum available spells instantly--so stat boosts and skill boosts for Mag all can increase maximum number of spells in this game!
MrTomJoad

Post by MrTomJoad »

I just noticed that too. Ive been saying since Suikoden 2 that magic rings should enhance your spell points and it looks like they finally listened to me.
killey

Post by killey »

Awesome, I didn't realise that!
Has anyone figured out how rune slots work yet? Is it by MAG points or do characters just get them at certain levels?
Aldo

Post by Aldo »

I had noticed that the magic stat changes the spells even with equip, the third level 4 spell opens at 450.

However, I don't think that the stats affect the rune slots in this game, I think only the levels do. Think about it, you raise your magic with the skill, and the slot opens, unequip the skill. What happens to the rune?

The only way it could work is if innate skill, without boosts, affects your slots.